Chapter 14

Wishing You Were Here part 2 (Love Affair)

Her eyes, tired, slowly opened then closed again. She tried once more to open them and was able to lift her eyelids up high enough to allow the sight of a single girl to be processed to her mind. And though her eyes closed again soon immediately, Yuri knew who the girl was and it made her want to try again even harder to be conscious.

“Don’t.” The girl commanded but even as a command, her voice rang so sweetly in Yuri’s ears. “Just go back to sleep, Yuri-ah.” Her hand slipped into Yuri’s and held it firmly.

But Yuri refused to listen. She wanted to see the girl there with her and so she tried again. She opened those eyes that refused to open so that she could see the face she longed for. Once her eyes fully opened, she smiled at the girl. Then despite the overwhelming fatigue she was feeling at the moment, she struggled to push herself up from whatever she was lying on and with the help of the other girl she was able to sit up with her back leaning against something firm and hard. She looked at the girl then around at her surroundings, she didn’t recognize the place. 

“Where are we?” Yuri asked. 

“The hospital. Where else, babo?” The girl responded and smiled at Yuri. “You should go back to sleep. They had to use anesthetic to be able to remove the bullet from your thigh.” Her hands played with Yuri’s. She brought Yuri’s right hand up to her face, slightly kissed it then rubbed it against her face. 

“But I miss you, Jessica-yah.” Yuri argued. She then leaned in and received a light peck on the lips from her lover. The brief kiss that showed Jessica’s care and worries made Yuri’s pains and fatigues disappear. 

“You sweet talker.” Jessica said and playfully hit Yuri’s shoulder.

“Ow!” Yuri shrieked, her face frowned and showed signs of pain. 

“Ah. I’m sorry. Are you okay?” Jessica asked worriedly and examined Yuri’s body though in her head she had no clue how she could help ease the pain. “Do you need me to get the doctor?”

“No.” Yuri responded and waved her hand back and forth, denying the offer. “I just need a kiss right here,” She pointed to her shoulder. “Right here,” She pointed to her cheeks. “And right here.” She pointed to her pair of lips that had been dried because of the drugs used on her. 

Jessica stared at Yuri then rolled her eyes when she realized what her lover was plotting all this time. She enclosed the gap between their faces till they were centimeters apart then stared into her eyes and shook her head, teasing the girl. Noticed her subject’s chapped lips, she slowly them before going in for the kiss previously requested. 

As the couple made out the door to the hospital room was opened and the eyes of a certain individual managed to see the sight clearly. That very specific individual used her hands to cover her eyes then turned around into the arms of another.

“They’re making out!” The girl screamed.

Hearing of the commotion Jessica and Yuri pulled back and looked at the two girls outside the door. Once their identities were clear, the two rolled their eyes at them. 

“Tiffany, don’t act like you and Taeyeon haven’t done this many times.” Jessica remarked. Her arms crossed as she remained seated on the chair next to Yuri’s bed. Tiffany responded by sticking her tongue out.

“We came to check on Yuri but I guess she’s okay now.” Taeyeon stated as she stepped into the room and walked towards bed on the opposite side of Jessica. “You put up such a heroic act, my friend.” She lightly tapped Yuri’s shoulder and chuckled along with her friend.

“You’re so cool, Yuri-yah.” Tiffany praised and gave Yuri both of her thumbs up. And after smiling at her injured friend, she turned to Jessica. “We also came by to see if you wanted to go back with us, it’s already dark outside.” She stated.

“No, I think I’ll stay.” Jessica replied as her hand held on to Yuri’s, expressing her desire to stay back. She didn’t want to leave Yuri’s side then, not after such dramatic event took place.

“You should go back, silly. I know how much you love to sleep so just go, okay?” Yuri said as she looked at Jessica’s reluctant face that shook left to right. “I may feel some pain where I’ve been shot but I’m okay.” She assured her lover. 

“But_”

“Just get some sleep, shower, then come back to see me in the morning.” Yuri directed. Her hands reached for Jessica’s face and her thumbs rubbed the latter’s cheeks. “You have bags under eyes already! Go get some sleep.”

“Okay princess, let’s go.” Tiffany declared and ripped Jessica’s hand out of Yuri’s. She then pulled the latter up from her chair and towards the door. “Come on. If you stay, you guys would probably make out nonstop and Yuri would not be able to rest.” She reasoned as they stepped through the doors.

“I’ll come back tomorrow morning.” Jessica managed to say before she was completely dragged out of the room against her will.

After the three other girls waved and left the room, Yuri just chuckled and shook her head. Seeing that Jessica was worried made her feel warm inside and despite the pain that she felt, happiness also ran through her body at the time. She stayed there in the room on the bed sitting up for a short while before she realized there was nothing else for her to do but sleep. She slowly struggled to scoot herself away from the wall to be able to lie down. After pulling the blanket over her body she began to close her eyes when a knock on the door held her back from dreamland. She cursed whoever that knocked on the door as she struggled to sit back up after trying so hard to lie down earlier. 

“Come in.” She instructed. 

Soon the door began to open and a figure appeared behind it. Yuri did not expect to see the person there that night but at the same time, it was not out of the ordinary for that very person to pay her a visit. After all, Yuri did save her life earlier in the day.

“What can I do for you, Miss Song?” Yuri asked the figure as it walked closer towards the bed. “Taking another gunshot for you?” She joked.

“I came to say thank you.” Victoria spoke. She was nervous to be there, her hands were held tightly to each other, both started to even sweat a little. 

“It was no problem. I would’ve done it for anyone.” Yuri responded and noticed how tense the girl in front of her was. “You can relax, you know? I’m not going to hurt you or anything.” She smiled lightly. 

“How can…you be nice still after what… I did today?” Victoria asked though great effort was needed to assemble the question due to her limited knowledge in the language.

Yuri stared at Victoria for a while, her brain was still not completely working yet. But after a few extra seconds, she was able to process what Victoria meant to say. She chuckled a bit.

“Because I am a kind and awesome person.” She pulled a joke and laughed to herself, but eventually she stopped and her face became serious again. “Well besides that, I felt guilty for giving you a burn that day.” She admitted. 

“Well, it’s the past now…” Victoria paused and approached closer to Yuri’s side. She held out her hand as she smiled and said, “Let’s be friends.” 

Yuri took a double take at the girl who just asked for her friendship. She look at Victoria’s face and from her sincere smile, Yuri felt like for the first time she could actually trust Victoria at that very moment. She shook the hand and responded with a smile as well. It was definitely one hell of a way for a friendship to start. 

*** 

As promised, Jessica returned the next morning to Yuri’s side. And when she arrived at the room Yuri was still deep in her sleep, everything from yesterday must have worn her out. Jessica did not make any noise but just sat down on the same chair she sat on yesterday next to the bed. She turned her head to look at the digital clock on the table next to her and yawned once the time was acknowledged. It read 6:30AM. 

She sat there staring at the sleeping face of her lover and her eyes too became heavy. They closed once every while, more often than before, then eventually completely shut. With her back against the chair and her head leaning forward, dropped down, Jessica had fallen asleep. And just when she was enjoying this nice, calm moments of rest after having to get up so early in the morning, which by the way was never her style, her phone suddenly vibrated and came a message tone. 

Jessica-yah, you’ve got a message. The phone chirped in the voice of the same person lying down on the bed next to her. But it’s not from your prince charming so you can ignore it. The comical message tone continued. 

The message harshly snapped Jessica from her dreamlike state and back into reality. She cursed the person who had just texted her as she pulled the phone out from her pocket to read the message. 

Yah, did you already leave to go to the hospital? Tsk, the things you do for your lover. I wonder if you’d do the same for me. :P Anyways are you coming back for school? – Tiffany

Jessica looked at the clock again and noticed that it read 7:00AM. Why is this girl up so early? And most importantly, why is she in my room so early in the morning? She thought to herself as she started to press her fingers here and there on her stylish touch-screen phone to input her message. 

Why are you up at this time? And what are you doing in my room? Yes, I’m at the hospital. No, probably not. And yes, I will try to come back for school. – Jessica

The message didn’t just wake Jessica up but as well as the girl lying on the bed. Yuri started to open her eyes when she heard the familiar message tone and the noises of Jessica shuffling on her chair. She checked the time and was surprised to see her lover, especially at such early hours. 

“You’re here so early.” She spoke softly, as her entire body felt depleted of strength. “Aww you should’ve slept more, silly.” Her right hand rubbed against Jessica’s cheeks as she shook her head side to side disapproving her lover’s actions.

“I was just worried that you might miss me to death.” Jessica responded coolly then brushed Yuri’s hand away as if she did not care for her touch. “But if you insist, I guess I’ll go back to the dorm and sleep then.” She stated then began to stand up from the chair after rolling her eyes at the injured girl on the bed, who, did not seem to feel the slightest anxiety running through her that her lover might really just leave. 

“Stop acting icy already, princess. You know you want to just bend over and give me a never ending kiss.” Yuri stated bluntly with a confident look on her face that refused to give in to Jessica’s little fake tantrum. 

Jessica raised a brow then softened her expression by biting her lips and blushed at the thought of kissing her beloved girlfriend. When she realized that she had just given away what was on her mind she cursed herself for falling so badly for Yuri. But she figured since no one other than Yuri saw that it would be no big deal and began to perform her act.

But just when the steamy scene was able to take place, the door of the room squeaked and halted the couple. They looked at the opening door and found a girl dashing in towards the bed with her eyes not in front of her but elsewhere.

“Yuri-ah, I hope you like flowers!” Said the girl as her eyes and hands attended a vase with decorative flowers and feet moving her forward. When she finally looked up and noticed Jessica’s presence, she held back and stopped herself from going any further. “Oh…I’m sorry. I intruded.”

“What is she doing here?” Jessica asked coldly with her index finger pointed at the girl and eyes on Yuri. Her face displayed an obvious annoyance expression at the sight of another girl in her lover’s room, especially the girl that tried to spill hot latte on her a week back. 

“Um…” The girl under the name Victoria looked back and forth between Jessica’s intimidating eyes and those of Yuri’s that screamed trouble. Victoria wasn’t dumb or innocent, she recognized that tone from Jessica’s voice and that look on Yuri’s face that told her she had just made things messy between the couple. “I’ll…leave.” She said then retraced her steps out the door while mumbling “There goes my plan of starting a new leaf.” 

Jessica watched as Victoria left room then turned her attention back to Yuri. She crossed her arms and raised her brow, eyes full of jealousy. “Explain.” She commanded.

“I saved her. She changed and wanted to be friends. I accepted. But I had no idea she’d come into my room so early in the morning so casually like that.” Yuri tried to explain but Jessica’s eyes were still full of doubts. 

“What kind of friends shows up with flowers at seven in the morning?!”

“I’m serious!” She firmly stated with her tone raised, also feeling frustrated that her Jessica did not believe her when she had numerous times looked over the latter’s wavering heart. Her frustration led to a painful sensation in her thigh caused by her struggles on the bed to defend herself. She groaned loudly and put pressure on her high with both of her hands as her face revealed her pains. 

“Stop acting. I won’t fall for that trick again.” Jessica stated coldly then crossed her arms while rolling her eyes oblivious to the fact that Yuri was truly hurting. Her back faced Yuri for about thirty seconds when she realized Yuri hadn’t said anything and turned around. She saw that Yuri was still holding onto her thigh while groaning and it made her run back to the side of the bed. 

“Call the doctor.” Yuri said then lifted her blanket and pushed it to the side revealing her blood tainted pants. 

“Omo!” Jessica gasped then quickly made her way out of the hospital room to get any assistance. As she exited the room she noticed that Victoria was still sitting outside and also stood up when she heard Jessica’s call for assistance. It bothered Jessica that she was there but at the moment, getting help for Yuri was more important so she pushed the presence of the girl to the back of mind. 

***

When Taeyeon woke up on her bed without the presence of Tiffany next to her, she sat up from her bed to look around. Still half asleep, she noticed the bathroom door was opened so and stared at it until she saw Tiffany walking out from it fully dressed. She raised her arms out towards Tiffany and barely mumbled tiredly, “Why are you up? Come back to bed with me.” Her face pouted a little. 

Seeing Taeyeon’s kidlike behavior, Tiffany laughed lightly then held on to Taeyeon’s reaching hands as she sat back down on the bed. “Aigoo, why are you so cute?” She kissed the sleepy girl’s cheek. “I was going to wake Jessica up so she could go see her lover but to my surprise, she already left.” She explained. 

“Don’t bother with them, let’s go back to sleep.” Taeyeon stated then began to fall back down on the bed pulling Tiffany down with her. 

“Taeyeon-ah~” Tiffany called sweetly as she climbed on top of her lover’s body. “Since they’re at the hospital…and we’re home alone___” 

Knowing what Tiffany wanted, Taeyeon was already one step ahead of her. She pulled the girl down and kissed her before the latter was allowed to finish her sentence. The kiss turned into a slow romantic make out session until Taeyeon broke it off and said, “Yah, take it off.”

Tiffany’s eyes widen upon hearing the command from Taeyeon’s mouth. “Hhhh..huh??” She asked back nervously.

“Take it off.” Taeyeon repeated herself, tiredly with a tone of annoyance. “It’s not comfortable.”

Tiffany stared at her lover’s face then down her own shirt. Her cheeks reddened at the thought of making love with the person that she loved most. Was this it? Was it time for them? Was it going to be so casual and unromantic like this? But just when Tiffany decided that it didn’t matter anymore and began to comply with Taeyeon’s request she noticed the girl below was silent. Taeyeon has fallen asleep. 

“What…………………” Tiffany buried her head in disappointment. Then at that very moment, she came up with a scheme to prank Taeyeon for falling asleep on her at such a critical moment. She smiled evilly. 

***

Taeyeon-ah, wake up. Taeyeon-ahhhhh, wake up! 

The noise awoke the smaller girl on the bed. She groaned then reached for her phone to turn off the alarm. After another thirty seconds or so, Taeyeon yawned as she pulled her arms from under the blanket to stretch them. But she felt something odd. It wasn’t out of the ordinary to wake up in the morning and feel herself being wrapped around by someone but it was indeed strange for her to be wrapped around…pure skin. She also took notice of the scattering of clothes on the floor and it worried her. She slowly lifted the blanket to “check” as to what were underneath, hoping that nothing rated had happened between her and Tiffany. But just when she started to lift the blanket, Tiffany pulled her arms out and wrapped it around Taeyeon’s neck revealing her bare shoulders. Taeyeon’s eyes widened. 

“Morning.” Tiffany greeted and smiled sweetly as she kissed her lover lightly. 

“You…I…me…you…us…what…” Taeyeon trembled and struggled as she tried to…tried to…Actually, she didn’t even know what she was trying to do. She was in shock, her brain had just regained consciousness and was unable to deal with such dramatic scenery. 

Tiffany didn’t say anything but just smiled shyly at Taeyeon, killing her even more. “I never knew you could be so aggressive Tae-Tae-yah.” She said then buried her face into her lover’s chest. 

“Huh……?” Taeyeon asked dumbfounded. She couldn’t believe what she was hearing. She truly loved Tiffany but never did the thought of making love with her came to mind, not to mention the fact that she couldn’t remember a single thing that happened. She closed her eyes and tried to remember but she couldn’t. The last thing she remembered was making out with Tiffany while she was half asleep and telling her to change into her pajamas because her jeans seemed uncomfortable. “What…happened?” She asked.

“What do you mean what happened?” Tiffany lifted her face and stared at Taeyeon. “We slept together. Do you not remember?!” Her tone rose as she questioned the girl in front of her. After seeing Taeyeon shaking her head, she widened her eyes. “Oh…I see how it is. You don’t want to take responsibility! Well, you know what Kim Taeyeon? I thought we were mature enough for this but I guess I was wrong!” Her face became furious.

“What! No no no.” Taeyeon quickly denied and waved her hand back and forth. “I just…don’t remember anything.” She explained but when Tiffany glared back at her, she gulped. “But…that’s okay. I believe you.” She softened her tone. 

Tiffany’s cold face was beginning to form into a grin as she watched her obedient lover. She pitied the poor adorable girlfriend and began to laugh, confusing Taeyeon even more. “That’s what you get for falling asleep on me.” She stated then smirked at the girl in front of her. 

“Huh?”

Tiffany chuckled again then took the blanket off to stand up from the bed. Taeyeon quickly used her hands to cover her eyes, not dared to look, making Tiffany smile at the dork. “Yah, you can open your eyes. I’m not , you know.” She said. The sly Tiffany had on a mini strapless tank top and cotton shorts to make it seem like she was not wearing anything under the blanket. 

Taeyeon did not trust Tiffany at first and only removed one finger at a time from her eyes, still not dared to look. And once she saw her lover’s figure with clothes on, she felt like an idiot for falling for the prank. “YAH! You scared me!”

“What? You were the one who told me to ‘Take it off’ then fell asleep on me!” Tiffany argued back. 

“I only told you to take it off and change into your pajamas so you can sleep more comfortably! Not ….that…” Taeyeon defended herself revealing the intention she had meant when she told her lover to “take it off.” But even so, her face blushed a little just thinking about the subject. 

“Oh…”

“Yah, Hwang Miyoung!” 

“What…?!”

“You are so naughty.” 

“Oops?” Tiffany said shyly and stared off to space acting innocent while Taeyeon sat there on the bed shaking her head at her lover.