Chapter 1

Wishing You Were Here part 2 (Love Affair)

While trying to lift one of the two gigantic pink suitcases up, Taeyeon spoke. “Oh yeah, Tiffany ah…” She paused to save her strength then lifted the suitcase up to the mouth of the taxi’s trunk. “Jessica and I switched rooms.” She finally finished her sentence and slowly placed the suitcase in the trunk with the help of the taxi driver.

“You guys what?!” Tiffany asked surprisingly as she too tried to lift the other suitcase up by herself. Unfortunately, she wasn’t able to do so and Taeyeon had to help her.

“Yuri and Jessica wanted to be together. And since you weren’t there to move your stuff, Jessica decided that she and I should switch rooms.” Taeyeon explained. “Honey University please, ahjussi.” She requested to the taxi driver after Tiffany and her have sat down in the backseats of the taxi.

“Ok!” He replied to her with enthusiasm.

“Eh? Are you sure it’s not because you want to be in the same room with me?” Tiffany emphasized her question.

“No.” Taeyeon denied calmly and looked away towards the window. “That’s definitely not it…though…I wouldn’t mind.”

“I knew you wouldn’t.” Tiffany mocked. “Great, now you’re stuck with me!” She said excitedly and slipped her hand through Taeyeon’s arm with a wide grin her face.

***

“Tiffany ah! We just got home!!!” Taeyeon petitioned while her body was pinned down on her (new) bed by Tiffany’s weight.

“But I missed you! Don’t you miss me?” Tiffany pouted while looking down at Taeyeon who was currently under her body.

“Of course I do…” Taeyeon replied and soon found Tiffany slowly enclosing the gap between their faces. Seeing Tiffany’s lips just keep getting closer and closer to her own, Taeyeon closed her eyes and waited for Tiffany’s touch.

“Taeyeon ah! Are you guys back?!” A loud voice burst into the room along with a tall young girl. Yup, it was no other than Yuri.

Hearing Yuri’s voice, Tiffany quickly pulled back the kiss and got up from being on top of Taeyeon’s body.

“Ya! Can’t you knock next time?!” Taeyeon yelled and grumbled with disappointment shown both on her face and in her tone.

“Taeyeon ah…later…” Tiffany whispered with a wink knowing how disappointed Taeyeon must have felt.

“This isn’t the first time she interrupted us either.” Taeyeon muttered in her breath, still with an upset face.

“Tiffany!” Yuri shouted the second she saw Tiffany standing there besides Taeyeon’s bed. Then she dashed over and hugged Tiffany excitedly blinded to the fact that her best friend was mad at her. “How was the trip back?” She asked after she had let go of the hug.

“It was really nice to see my parents again after so long.” Tiffany answered with a smile on her face. “But I missed you guys so much!”

“Is Tiffany back?” A calmed voice entered into the room. “If she is, tell her to treat us to dinner.” The voice added as its owner stepped in the room through the bathroom doors. It was the sleeping beauty, Jessica.

“Jessica!” Tiffany quickly shouted after she saw Jessica stepping out from the bathroom doors. She immediately ran to Jessica and gave her a bear hug, squeezing her tightly. “I missed you a lot!”

And while Tiffany was hugging Jessica tightly, Taeyeon and Yuri stood there and watched them attentively.

“Woah! Tiffany let go! You’re suffocating me!” Jessica demanded as she struggled to break free from Tiffany who held on to her even tighter.

“Yuri, grab your wife and I’ll grab mine.” Taeyeon instructed softly to Yuri who immediately took action.

“Jessica ah, didn’t you say you were hungry? We should go now be it’s too late.” Yuri suggested as she pulled Jessica away from Tiffany’s hug.

“Yeah, Tiffany don’t you want to go out and have fun?” Taeyeon asked as she too grabbed onto Tiffany’s shoulder pulling her away from Jessica.

“Yeah let’s go!” Yuri shouted then both Taeyeon and her pushed their “wives” out the door.

***

After the four ate at their usual restaurant that Wenting works at they headed home. It wasn’t long till they reach the gate of the university.

“You guys go up first, Tiffany and I will um…stay here for a while.” Taeyeon said hoping to have some time alone with Tiffany.

“Um...okay?” Yuri replied with a questioned response. “Come on Jessica, it’s time for us to do our bed time routine.” She stated then pulled Jessica with her towards their dorm building.

“Can we not tonight? I’m tired.” Jessica whined as she followed Yuri back to their dorm.

“Well…they took a big step forward.” Tiffany remarked after hearing what Yuri and Jessica had just told each other.

“We can too if you want to…”

“Oh yeah?” Tiffany asked with a mischievous wink. “Then why don’t we head to our room then?”

“I don’t want to be interrupted again by them.” Taeyeon mumbled and made Tiffany giggled. “Tiffany ah…” She called catching Tiffany’s attention. “Since no one’s around, should we pick up where we left off?” She suggested.

“Should we?” Tiffany was quickly responded with an immediate nodding notion from Taeyeon.

“Taeyeon! Tiffany!” A voice called interrupting Tiffany who was leaning in closer to Taeyeon. Recognizing the voice, the two quickly backed away from each other. Once again, disappointment was visible on Taeyeon’s face.

“Coach.” Both girls greeted their female tennis coach with a bow.

“Are you two okay again?” The coach asked. “Ready to be doubles partners again? Since you two were so much better playing doubles and were so compatible for each other.”

“Yeah, definitely!” Tiffany excited answered.

“Great! I’ll see you two again next week when school and tennis practice resume.” The coach said and took off in her own direction.

After the coach left, Tiffany turned around only to find Taeyeon’s frustrated and annoyed face. “It’s late, come on let’s go back to our room.” Tiffany suggested and pulled Taeyeon’s hand dragging her with her.

“Okay…” Taeyeon sighed and followed Tiffany back to the room.

***

With much frustration, Taeyeon crashed down on her bed after they got back in their dorm. Tiffany just couldn’t help but to giggle at Taeyeon’s frustration from being interrupted from time to time. Slowly she let herself down on her bed with her body facing Taeyeon. She then reached over for Taeyeon’s hand then slowly pulled Taeyeon’s up.

“It’s been a long day for you huh?” Tiffany teased observing Taeyeon’s face. “TaeTae ah…would you be satisfied with a kiss?” She asked with a pair of smiley eyes.

After Taeyeon nodded like a crazy woman, Tiffany’s hands reached for and held Taeyeon’s face still. And for a moment their eyes met and stayed still in the position. Then slowly, both Taeyeon and Tiffany closed their eyes as Tiffany leaned forward towards Taeyeon’s lips.

“Taeyeon ah!” A voice interrupted them once again. And it was Yuri…again. “Do you have any batteries?” She asked oblivious to the fact that she has just interrupted Taeyeon and Tiffany. “Jessica’s reading light is out of batteries.” She explained.

“UGH!” Taeyeon screamed in frustration then slammed her head against the blue pillow lying on her bed.

“I have some.” Tiffany responded then stood up and walked towards her two pink suitcases that were next to her bed. Digging here and there, she finally found what she wanted and pulled them out.

“Thanks!” Yuri said then walked back to her dorm room.

“That’s it. I’m sick of people interrupting us.” Taeyeon declared then stood up from her bed to walk towards the bathroom doors. She locked it along with a mischievous look on her face. “Why didn’t I think of this earlier?” She mumbled then turned around to Tiffany who was sitting on her bed watching her. After grinning at Tiffany, she literally ran to and tackled the poor girl on the bed.

“Ah!”

“No one will interrupt us now!” Taeyeon claimed excitedly while lying on top of Tiffany. And just when she thought she could be the aggressive one this time, Tiffany pushed Taeyeon’s body off of her then quickly landed her body on top. “Why do you always have to be on top?” Taeyeon complained.

“Does it really matter at this time?” Tiffany asked. “I don’t think so.”

***

“Tiffany ah! Here are the rest of your batteries!” Yuri shouted as she entered the bathroom. But to her surprise the door to the other room was locked. “What are they doing in there?” She mumbled as she walked back to her room. Seeing Jessica sitting on her bed with her back leaning against the wall, Yuri smiled and quickly rushed to Jessica.

“Yuri ah, I’m tired.” Jessica stated with a pout. “How about we don’t do it tonight?” She suggested with a hopeful smile on her face.

“If you don’t want to then…” Yuri sighed with a disappointed face then headed towards her bed.

“Ya…you’re making this hard on me.” Jessica complained as she watched Yuri walked towards her bed. “Fine, come back over here.” She gave in. Within a split second, Yuri was already found lying down on Jessica’s lap. “What story do you want me to read to you today?” She asked.

“Your favorite book, the Ice Princess.” Yuri replied with a smile on her face.