Chapter 3

Wishing You Were Here part 2 (Love Affair)

That morning the four girls packed their luggage for the trip until noon when they were all ready for departure. After making sure with Taeyeon’s dad that their visit was possible, they made their way to the bus station.

“All passenger to Pusan please board the bus now.”

The four quickly found and sat down on four empty seats in the back of the bus with Taeyeon and Tiffany sitting next to each other facing Yuri and Jessica.

“How long will it take to get there?” Asked Tiffany who’s too anxious for adventure.

“8 hours.”

“8 hours?!!” Tiffany screamed with her smiley eyes wide open. For a hyperactive girl like she is, 8 hours of being on a bus is torture, not to mention she was on a 17 hours flight not too long ago.

“What did you expect? We’re riding a bus, not an airplane.” Jessica mocked and rolled her eyes at Tiffany who pouted back.

“Hey guys I brought boiled eggs for the road!” Taeyeon suddenly announced and surprised the girls. Some ahjummas near by were also staring and smiling at her. “What?” She asked her friends.

“You’re such an ahjumma.” Jessica remarked.

“Then don’t eat any.” Tiffany said.

“I don’t need nor want any.”

“Tiffany ah!” Taeyeon called causing Tiffany to turn her head towards her.

“Ow!” Tiffany growled. Unexpectedly, Taeyeon had knocked Tiffany’s head with one of the boiled eggs that she brought. The next thing Tiffany saw after opening her eyes again was Taeyeon’s dorky smile that looked half apologetic half teasing. “TaeTae ah!!!”

“Here.” Taeyeon said as she hands the pouting girl a peeled egg.

“No, I want this one.” Tiffany declared and snatched another unpeeled egg from Taeyeon’s bag. She grinned mischievously while holding the egg up in front of Taeyeon’s face. “Revenge time.” However, when Taeyeon closed her eyes to wait for the pain against her forehead, Tiffany just smiled and instead hit the egg against the seat handle.

Hasn’t felt anything against her forehead, Taeyeon slowly and cowardly opened her eyes one at a time.

“Ah….” Tiffany instructed.

And although confused, Taeyeon complied by opening . Seeing Taeyeon’s obedient behavior, Tiffany smiled then brought the newly peeled egg to Taeyeon’s mouth.

“This is so sick!” Jessica remarked with her disgusted face.

Taeyeon quickly bit part of the egg as Tiffany pulled it back.

“You just wish you two could do this.” Tiffany mocked. “Right TaeTae?” She asked then fed the rest of the egg to Taeyeon.

“Jessica, ignore them. I brought you some chips.” Yuri said then after ping her bag, she pulled out a bag of chips.

“This is why I love my seobang.” Jessica claimed with a smirk on her face then leaned her head onto Yuri’s shoulder.

“Seobang?”

“A lot of things must have happened after we switched rooms.” Taeyeon remarked.

After a while of eating and chatting with each other, the girls fell asleep as the bus continued to make its way towards Pusan. With her arms wrapped around Taeyeon’s left arm, Tiffany rested her head on Taeyeon’s shoulder while Taeyeon’s head were rested on Tiffany’s. On the other hand, Yuri had her arms around Jessica’s shoulder and they slept resting on each other comfortably.

“We’re here!” Tiffany screamed in excitement once the four got off the bus.

“Come on, let’s go.” Taeyeon instructed.

“Taeyeon ah!”

“Umma! Appa!” Taeyeon shouted as the sight of her parents waving at her became visible. She quickly rushed towards them and gave them each a hug. “I missed you two so much!”

“We missed you too, child. You should have came back to visit earlier!” Taeyeon’s mom expressed.

“Oh, umma appa, meet my friends. You both already know Yuri.”

“Annyonghaseyo.” Yuri greeted.

“This is Jessica.”

“Annyonghaseyo.”

“And this is_”

“Annyonghaseyo Mr. and Mrs. Kim!” Before Taeyeon finished introducing, Tiffany has already greeted Taeyeon’s parent excitedly with a bow, unable to see the confused expressions on their faces after hearing her greeting.

Taeyeon, after hearing Tiffany’s greeting, stood there with a wide grin on her face that disguised her urge to burst out in laugher. On the other hand, both Yuri and Jessica were unable to contain their laugher and started to giggle to each other.

“Mistuhh?”

“Missis?”

Then there was an awkward moment of silent where everyone stared at the short-haired girl who looked back and forth between her friends to get a clue of what was going on.

“Oh, you must be Tiffany!” Suddenly, Taeyeon’s dad broke the ice. “Taeyeon said lots of things about you. Come, let’s go back to our house to chat.” He instructed and started to make his way towards a bus stop at the corner of the street.

“TaeTae ah, did I say something wrong?” Tiffany frowned and pouted.

“No. You were cute.” Taeyeon affirmed with a smile then held Tiffany’s hand as they followed her parents.

***

About thirty minutes after riding the bus and walking from the bus stop, the group reached Taeyeon’s house. Suddenly the door of the house opened and came out a young man. Tiffany and Jessica were held back since he looked exactly like Taeyeon except for the fact that he was taller and was a guy. The guy too was surprised when he saw the girls with Taeyeon’s parents.

“Taeng!” He shouted then rushed towards Taeyeon and hugged her so tight that he lifted her up.

“Jiwoong oppa, you’re embarrassing me.” Taeyeon protested.

“I haven’t seen you for so long and this is how you greet me?” The guy said then let of Taeyeon.

Taeyeon shyly laughed then turned towards the other girls, “This is my oppa, Jiwoong oppa.” She introduced and the girls quickly gave him a bow. “Jiwoong oppa, this is Tiffany, Jessica, and you already know Yuri.”

“Oh annyonghaseyo. Wow, Taeng you made friends with two more beauties.” Jiwoong asserted jokingly and nudged her.

“Oppa…” Taeyeon whined.

“Alright kids, let’s go in already.” Taeyeon’s dad instructed and the group entered the house.

“Unnie!!!”

“Hayeon ah!” Taeyeon shouted then quickly kneeled down to greet a cute little girl who was running towards her. “Wah…you’ve grown bigger!” She claimed and gave the little girl a hug.

“Unnie…where have you been? I missed you.” The cute little girl pouted while hugging Taeyeon.

“Aww… I missed you too.” After she let go of the hug, she stood up and turned towards the other girls. “This is my little sister, Hayeon.” She explained. “And this is Tiffany unnie, Jessica unnie, and…”

“Yuri unnie!”

“Oh, Hayeon ah.”

“Oh, Taeyeon. I forgot to tell you something.” Taeyeon’s dad suddenly spoke. “We only managed to get two rooms for you four.”

“Oh, that’s fine appa. We’re roommates anyways.” Taeyeon responded though her eyes were locked with Tiffany’s.