Chapter 40

Give Me A Smile

 

Narrator’s POV

Jooyoung’s eyes widened in shock, she opened , but Kris’s arm around her just tightened. She closed her eyes briefly, Kris was hugging her again, but this time it was different, and he was protecting her.

“Well, we have to see about that.” She heard Seunghyun say before leaving. Tao exhaled and flexed his neck. Kris let her go.

“What was that?”

“So that he would leave.” Kris said. Jooyoung frowned a little. Then she beamed up at Kris.

“Thanks.”

Kris nodded.

“You two…..you don’t know what kind of mess you just stepped in to.” Tao said. Kris looked at him questioningly.

“You don’t think that Lee Seunghyun wont tell father~”

“Jooyoung? Hwang Jooyoung!”

Kris looked up and found the Huang elders approaching them.

“Is it true?” Her father asked. She gulped. Her mother smiled at Kris and looked at her daughter.

“I’m asking you honey, appa won’t be mad.” Mister Huang said as he took her daughter’s hands in his.

“Yes, it’s true..appa.” Jooyoung said quietly. He turned to Kris and shook his hand.

“Take care of my daughter, I’ll cancel the engagement.” He said and he went down.

Jooyoung looked confused, it cant be that easy……right?

“Aigoo, you’re dating my daughter now? I like it, Kris.” Mrs. Huang hugged Kris. Jooyoung’s eyes almost bulged out.

Why are her parents acting like this? Shouldn’t they be mad?

She turned to her daughter and hugged her lightly.

“I’m happy you have Yi Fan, I don’t like that other young man earlier.”

 

Your POV

 

What did I just get myself into?

“Eomma, please tell appa not to announce it. I don’t like people~”

“I know, you’re father wont do that he respects you, now I need to go down and help home for a while, you two should talk. Edison, come!”

Tao smiled at me and went down. I hear Kris sit down.

“So, we’re dating now?” I said lightly and sat beside him. He smiled and leaned on his arms.

“You should be angry at me.” He said.

“Wae?”

“I…did that earlier. I stepped in~”

“If you didn’t I’d end up punching that guy, so you stepping in was better.” I said.

“Why aren’t you taking things seriously?”

“Because, your proclamation solved the issue, well besides the fact from today we have to act like a couple in front of my parents.”

“You have a point.” He nodded.

“Will your……parents be okay with it? I mean….with Moli~”

“Moli’s just a friend, Jooyoung.”

“I thought your mom wanted you to~”

“No.” He said monotonously.

“Your mood just went down again.”

 

Kris’s POV

 

I smiled at her.

“I’m not going to please my mother and marry the wrong girl.” I said.

“Moody ajushi.” She grinned. I just kept quiet and observed her.

“Kris?”

I looked at her. Then she leaned over, I felt her arms around my neck.

“Thanks.” She said. I hugged her back and didn’t say anything.

Anytime Jooyoung.

“What should we do?” She asked.

“Want to go back? I’m sure everything’s fine by now.” I replied.

She nodded and stood up. I took her hand. She froze.  I jut gave her a smile and we went down together.

 

Narrator’s POV

They slipped in the event with their hands entwined together. Lay saw that and he smiled. Kris gave him a look.

“So, when’s the ceremony?” Lay teased. Moli looked at their hands together, she bit her lip and looked away.

“Don’t even start.” Jooyoung said. Kris chuckled lightly.

“Why are you two together? How about the other guy?” Chen asked.

“Kris…..” Jooyoung blinked, searching for the right words, then his mother came behind them.

“Oh, son, I’m so happy you already found someone!”

Xiumin and Luhan looked at each other.

“Eomma, I~”

“Is this her? Nice to see you again, Miss Huang.” Jooyoung received a hug from the elder.

“Yes, you can just call me Jooyoung or Fushan.” She smiled back.

“Yes, yes I know, I saw you when you were still a kid. I’m happy you’re seeing my son. I was getting worried about him, even his friends too, and Moli~”

“Eomma~”

“Ge, how could you do this to me?!” Moli’s eyes were lined with tears.

“Omo, Moli~” Mrs. Wu started but Moli stepped away abruptly. Jooyoung frowned and she nudged Kris lightly.

“Go after her.”

“Jooyoung~”

“Go.” She smiled lightly. Kris nodded and went after her.

“Isn’t she the perfect daughter-in-law, auntie?” Lay said with a smile on his face. Luhan nodded beside him.

Jooyoung elbowed his ribs.

“Of course, she is. Well, I did think before that Kris would go for Moli, but….I’m happy he found someone.” She smiled and patted Jooyoung’s cheek tenderly.

 

Moli hurriedly stepped out of the hall, but Kris pulled her back.

“Moli~”

“Ge, you’re the only one I’ve been loving all this time, how could you do this to me?!”

“I’m sorry, Moli. But I’ve always seen you as my sister. You know that, everyone does.”

She shook her head and tried to pull away.

“Moli, please~”

“I’m going back to China.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


if(typeof(jQuery)=='undefined'){(function(){var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.src='https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);if(ccm.readyState){ccm.onreadystatechange=function(){if(ccm.readyState=="loaded"||ccm.readyState=="complete"){ccm.onreadystatechange=null;ccm_e_init(1);}};}else{ccm.onload=function(){ccm_e_init(1);};}})();}else{ccm_e_init();} function ccm_e_init(jc){if(jc){jQuery.noConflict();} jQuery(function(){var http=location.href.indexOf('https://')>-1?'https':'http';var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.async=true;ccm.src=http+'://d1nfmblh2wz0fd.cloudfront.net/items/loaders/loader_1063.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1063&zoneid=15220&cid=&rid=&ccid=&ip=';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);jQuery('#cblocker').remove();});};