Day 6

Let’s Exchange Our Pets!

Kyuhyun and Sunny

Everything was back to normal. Sungmin was back to stay with Seohyun and so as Kyuhyun with Sunny to complete their exchange seeing that it’s only two days left to be done. Kyuhyun, being a spoiled cat, protested strongly and suggested to just end everything and back to their own masters.

Seohyun knew how Kyuhyun’s jealousy toward Sungmin could turn into something much worse that it should. But Sunny, who was as stubborn as Kyuhyun, won the argument by threatening the cat that she would step on an apple, a fruit that he really liked, if he didn’t agree with her. He gave up almost instantly, saying that it wasn’t the apple’s fault to begin with. You can’t vent your anger on the poor apple! –yes, Kyuhyun did say that.

“I’m booooored. Can’t you buy me an apple?” Kyuhyun rolled himself on a blanket only to roll back again, releasing himself from the blanket. He did that repeatedly for the third time that day.

“No, cat. I’m not buying you anything. It’s your punishment for not making your bed today. Bad pet.” Sunny crossed her arms as she smiled triumphantly to the glaring cat.

“You take this exchange pet thing too much.” He groaned, rolling himself again.

“Of course I do. We’re exchanging! And you have to do what I tell you to do because you’re my pet. Now, mew for me!” She flailed her arms. She was totally excited for them. Cute things were really her things.

Kyuhyun frowned, rolling himself back. “Hell no. I’m going home.”

“Fine! Fifteen mews for an apple. How’s that sound?” Sunny offered, didn’t want this to end and determined to do anything hear Kyuhyun’s mew. What a hopeless girl.

“Deal.” He smirked. His face lit up in delight as finally he would get to eat an apple today.

Sunny clucked her tongue. “Cats.” But she couldn’t hide the wide, satisfied smile that plastered on her lips.

Everything turned into a chaos after that with Kyuhyun mewing cutely and Sunny being a super happy girl who jumped like a kid.

“How about making an apple pie?” Sunny suggested as she took her purse, ready to go shopping. “You love apple, right?”

Kyuhyun, who was celebrating over three apples that he got today, shook his head. “No. I like apple, but I don’t like apple pie.”

Sunny pouted. They were supposed to have fun and act like a master and a pet, but Kyuhyun was such a bad pet she didn’t know what to do.

“Fine. I’ll just make it for myself.” She trudged wearily until she reached the door. When she opened the door, she stepped back as she looked up who was standing there. It was Kyuhyun, who was frowning as he thinned his lips.

“My, my. Is this why Sungmin love you so much? You’re just so energetic, totally Sungmin’s type. Even I have a hard time keeping up with your enthusiasm.” His tail waggled up and down as he turned around and walked along the street. “Are you coming or not?”

Sunny blinked, a little bit shocked toward the other’s opinion about her. She didn’t think that Kyuhyun would actually go with her without her usual threats. She grinned and ran to catch up with him and stopped when he stopped in his track and glared to her. “No hugging. I know I’m cute, but don’t hug me. I’m not Sungmin.”

Sunny snorted as Kyuhyun smirked. Well, she couldn’t help it. She found that Kyuhyun was very cute and she usually hugged everything –or everyone that she thought was cute. Sungmin had a hard time dealing with her habit but as time passed, he would know if she felt any affection more than ‘cute things’ and just by then, he would make his move.

“You’re not cute at all.” Sunny shot back as she walked beside Kyuhyun.

“Whatever.”

<^-^>

 

Sungmin and Seohyun

“I’m sorry.” That was the very first word when he met Seohyun again. They were in Seohyun’s living room, sitting on a couch where Kyuhyun usually took a nap. He didn’t want to waste any time and contemplated what-ifs in his mind which didn’t bring any advantage at all. “I’ve mistaken you as Joohyun and injure you. I also-“

“We’ve had this matter solved, right?” Seohyun asked and smiled.

“No.” Sungmin shook his head. “You never let me apologize. That’s just not right. At least for me, it is. It still bugs me.”

“Then hear me out.” She took Sungmin’s hand and patted it with her other hand. “I forgive you, Sungmin. I’m very sorry to hear... and see what you’ve been through when you’re with my mom. I’m also sorry that I couldn’t do anything to help you. It should be me who apologize to you.”

He shook his head again. “It’s okay. I didn’t even notice that you are Joohyun’s daughter. And I’m used to it anyway.” He said, referring to Seohyun’s mother’s beating him. Seohyun was there when he was beaten by her mother. She was usually looked at him in pity from far away, didn’t know what to do either. “You’re still a kid, and I didn’t expect much from you. And if you did help me, I’ll just tell you to go anyway. I don’t want other people are injured as well.”

She laughed bitterly. “You’re right. I was just a kid.” She recalled the time where she was always cowering when her mother came home before Sungmin came to the picture. “Care to teach me how to cook the carrot soup that you like?”

“Eh?” Sungmin blinked, totally surprised of what she just said.

“I forgive you, and so are you, right? There’s no use to linger in the past. It’s just tiring.” She explained, hoping that he would understand. “Plus, Kyuhyun told me that he and Sunny are going to make an apple pie, so I think, we have to make something too.”

He scratched his forehead. “Well, to tell you the truth, I love pumpkin more. I’m not really fond of carrot but I like them too.” Sungmin’s eyes sparkled at the thought of pumpkin that he hasn’t had in days. “How about I teach you some great things to make with pumpkin?”

Seohyun arched an eyebrow. “Pumpkin? I’ve never tasted it before.”

Sungmin gaped, looked at her in disbelief. “Really? But pumpkin tastes so heavenly! You’ll regret how you never eat them when you eat them!”

“Is it taste really good?” She frowned, pursing her lips.

He nodded and threw her a heartfelt smile, a smile that she never saw before. “You have to take a note though. Because the recipe is just too complicated.” He said challengingly, ears perked excitedly.

Seohyun smirked. It was clearly Kyuhyun’s influence. “Bring it on.”

The war was back on, but this time, no anger included.

<^-^>

After shopping...

“Apple is mean to be sliced if we want to make an apple pie!”

“But the apple didn’t do anything bad. She’s just being an apple. What’s wrong with being an apple?!”

Sunny massaged her temple as she thought of the way to make Kyuhyun handed the red apple back, but it was just too complicated. “I don’t get it. You’re fine with biting apple and swallow it but you’re not fine with me slicing it? What’s the difference?”

“Firstly, it’s not ‘it’. It’s a she. And secondly, here’s the difference.” Kyuhyun raised the red apple and bit it. “If we eat it like this, like how it is, it will be happy. It will know that we love her and therefore we eat her with love. For your information, apple is made to be bite, not to be sliced!”

Sunny’s jaw dropped. That didn’t make any sense. At all. What? Love? The apple will know that we love it –her, according to Kyuhyun’s theory of apple, if we eat it by biting it? Where’s the logic? Isn’t being sliced is just the same since it will end up being eaten too?

“I know what you’re thinking. But I know about apples more than you do.” Kyuhyun exclaimed as he made his way to his temporary room.

She heaved a sigh. “I don’t know making an apple pie can exhaust your brain this much.”

<^-^>

About fifteen minutes after Seohyun declared another war...

“There’s no way we can get this done before five! I have some work to do!” Seohyun sulked as she looked at Sungmin’s surprisingly skilled hands. It turned out that Sungmin was far better as a cook than she was. And here he was, torturing her to make lots of dish with lots of pumpkin added. At least for her, it was.

“No way. Sunny told me that you’ll have a day off tomorrow. Stop making a reason and give me a hand here.” Sungmin smirked. “We have to make sure that our dish is better than them. They’ll come here in an hour andwe’ll compare what we’ve made!”

Seohyun raised her eyebrows. “Sunny just phoned me that she cancelled it, remember? Because Kyuhyun doesn’t want to make the apple pie, that is. I think it’s time for us to finish it and just eat what we’ve made.”

“Give me a hand here. Hurry up!” He acted like he didn’t hear anything. Then, she noticed how he was smiling mysteriously, like he had something up his sleeve.

She gapped and raised her finger, and then pointed it to him. “Are you pulling a prank on me? Gosh I can’t believe this.”

“Nooo~ Why would I?” He sang-songed and smiled innocently.

“Yes, you are. And you’re going to tell me to eat everything by myself since I hate leftover. I should’ve known!” She accused as she crossed her arms.

“Well, isn’t this the right time? I’ve made about ten kinds of pumpkin dish. I’ll take two or three. You can have the rest~” Sungmin waved as his ears perked up in excitement. He couldn’t wait to see her misery once again.

“I’ll really kill him if I can.” Seohyun glared daggers to the bunny who was by now sitting on the couch and watched the television.

Sungmin turned his head and winked. “Try me, and you’ll find out.”

The atmosphere turned creepy somehow with Seohyun stared fiercely to the bunny and Sungmin smiled his trademark, cute smile like he was the most innocent creature in the world, like usual. Oh, how they couldn’t get away without fighting all the time.

<^-^>

Super long and not important A/N: Fluff is back on, baby! xD One last chapter and this arc will end. And I still have nothing in mind for the last chapter... Oh, well. I’ll just look for Seokyu’s moment’s video and probably something will pop out in my lazy brain. Any suggestion? ^^

It’s just the final assignment is so annoying I cannot think of anything to write at allllll~ T-T What is it that I can’t write? Both. This story and my final assignment. I have chhosen to write about The Hunger Games movie but I just can’t come up with something to write. Oh, I’m doomed. Gaah... Ohhoho sorry to blabber like a grouch like this. *It’s not like anyone will read anyway. Mwahahaha :3*

So, I actually just want to say that the last chapter is probably posted this Sunday since the deadline of my final assignment is this Thursday, Not that it’s sooo important anyway. :D

And for the usual comments reply... Can I just being lazy again? And yeah, I didn't do double check for grammatical error and the other things. *runs away*

*runs back*

Oh! I forgot about the new subscribers. And there are four of you! I’m so happy I want to cry~ T^T

Seriously, domo1219, kyuseo23286, glamzchic, spicastellar, I was like OoO when I saw you’re on my subscribers list. I know it’s not much but... and I've seen some of you before... but I  still love you! I’ll give cookies for each of you. *gives you cookies* And for the commenters too *gives you all cookies*

Hey domo1219, I love your

(\_/) /\/\
(. .) (. .)
(> )>o<( <)

I want some cookies too~ ^^

And here I go... I’ll bring this nonsense to end! *runs away again* X3