Day 1

Let’s Exchange Our Pets!

Seohyun & Sungmin - Day 1

Seohyun opened her laptop and turned it on. She got another load of hellish works to do, and she had to finish them that day. Sometimes, she felt like everything didn’t worth it. She worked so hard, but she didn’t get that much of pay. It was only enough for her monthly food and rent. Oh, right. The rent. She didn’t have any choice, did she?

She suddenly felt hungry and went to the kitchen, only to find Sungmin with his bunny ears was staring at the opened refrigerator with a horror look on his face. Wait, why he was here again? Oh, right. The exchange. This was all Sunny’s fault. She thought that it would be interesting for them to exchange their pets for a week, seeing how they’re progressing. She knew better though that it was all just Sunny’s lame excuse. She wanted Sungmin to stop hating Seohyun and that was why this all happened.

“Hey, Sungmin. What are you doing?” Seohyun asked as she also peeked to the opened refrigerator. Nothing’s weird. Everything looked good so far.

Sungmin turned to glare at Seohyun. Oh, theglare. That was the scariest thing that Seohyun ever encountered which was coming from the moody rabbit. I feel like I’m living a hell. She thought inaudibly. “Why is there no carrot in this freaking refrigerator?”

Oh, right. He was a bunny. He loved carrot. But why Kyuhyun loved apple very much? In fact, it was his favorite. He should’ve loved fish, or meat, something that cat usually liked. But then again, she shouldn’t think about Kyuhyun right now, because the real deal was right before her. The scary Sungmin was right before her. “Oh, carrot? I don’t really like carrot so I don’t have any of them. But I can buy it for you if you want to.”

Sure, Seohyun. You can buy him all the carrots in the world so this rabbit wouldn’t even have any time to glare at you. Why is this suddenly so depressing? She waited for an answer, but Sungmin didn’t say anything. “So...?” Seohyun asked in fear. Heck, why did she never learn to not ask even when he didn’t answer.

“Just buy them if you want to. I’ll never want anything that ever touch your hand.” Sungmin said spitefully as he harshly kicked the refrigerator closed. Seohyun almost cursed at this.

Seohyun looked baffled as she saw Sungmin walked to the couch and sat on it. She unconsciously glared to Sungmin. Is this it? Are you declaring a war on me?

But then, Sungmin turned and threw her a look that signed “Get the bloody out of my sight.”

Seohyun shivered lightly as she rushed back to her room.

“Gosh... I was almost dead back there.” She looked back to the snickering rabbit. Snickering? Goddamnit.

This is war. Seohyun declared silently.

 

 

Kyuhyun & Sunny - Day 1

“Why am I here again?” Kyuhyun sulked as he bit his apple and munched it cutely. At least, that was what Sunny thought. After all, cute things were her things, so...

“Face it, Kyuhyun. You do want Seohyun and Sungmin to be in a good term, don’t you?” Sunny muttered as her eyes sparkled in delight as she noticed Kyuhyun’s adorableness with his apple. Seohyun had told her that Kyuhyun would eat almost everything, but he loved apple the most. And Sunny, who was the most excited person on the deal, hurriedly bought all the apples that she could see. Well, not all, but most of them.

“I know, but why it does to be a week? We’re not that awkward. We could’ve just lived together with them and left them alone once in a while.” Kyuhyun took the remote and changed the channel again. They were sitting on the couch while watching the TV which had no interesting program at the moment.

“You know how they hate each other. Things like that won’t be fixed if it’s just a day.” Sunny commented as she recalled her past when she first met Sungmin. There was this mysterious atmosphere between the two like they’ve met before. Everything just started from there. He was very kind to Seohyun. He even tried to get her attention, but when Seohyun scolded him in such a nasty way, everything just vanished, and Sungmin’s annoying self began to emerge to surface. And that was only when Seohyun around though.

Kyuhyun nodded weakly as he took another bite. “I also know that, but I just can’t help but being jealous to him. She probably can deal with him for the meantime but who knows? She changes her mind rather fast you know. She can be super cruel sometimes, and Sungmin is just so frightening when he’s mad.” He sighed heavily as he slumped even lower at the couch. He had been sulking all day how he missed Seohyun and her touch and everything that Sunny didn’t really want to hear.

Sunny suddenly stiffened as Kyuhyun said that ‘jealous word’ to her. She remembered when Sungmin came to their still-shared apartment at that time. His eyes were first landed at Seohyun even though she was the one who met him first when they arrived. He even praised Seohyun that she was beautiful.

She panicked then. What if Sungmin forget her and turn his back to love her friend instead? This case has happened a lot, and it mostly ended with a story where the main character chose the new one instead than the old one which brought to a result where Sunny was the one who would be left instead of Seohyun. Nooo!!!

“Nooo!!!” Sunny suddenly shook her head profusely, making Kyuhyun almost toppled on the floor along with his apple. She fidgeted frantically as she pictured the impossible on her mind.

“Ya!” Kyuhyun exclaimed as he nudged her arm harshly. His ears twitched slightly then. When Sunny turned to look at his annoyed face, he asked angrily. “What the hell?!”

“Kyuhyun. We have to do something. We can’t just laze around like this! Something bad can happen!” Sunny announced and ran to her room to prepare anything that she could think of. Sadly, she couldn’t think of anything and slumped on her bed instead.

“My bunny, don’t leave me.” Sunny pleaded like a mad woman with dreamy eyes as Kyuhyun raised his eyebrows, totally confused as what was happening.

“Tch. Crazy aunty.” Kyuhyun scoffed as he took another fresh apple from the panicked girl’s refrigerator. “Hmm... Apple does taste the best. But Seohyun’s lips still taste the best.” He munched happily as his tail waggling in glee while imagining what his keeper lips taste likes for the umpteenth time that day. Sunny only rolled her eyes.