Space

You Liar.

You were at the gym and let out a deep sigh. It had already been over a week since you broke up with your of an ex and asked Chunji to give you some space.

If you were going to be honest with yourself you had to admit that you seriously missed your best friend. 

Even though he had slightly betrayed your trust, you'd accepted that he had always done what he had to in order to protect you. 

He'd always been there for you to talk about your problems and give you advice. Heck, most of the time he was great to just have around you. 

His shoulder was comfy and often he did more listening than talking. In other words, he was the perfect guy and your bestfriend. 

"I wish you were here Chunji-oppa...but I was the one who asked for the space so I can't let myself miss you. That'll just complicate things."

You sighed once more before picking up your towel and cleaning up the machine you had just finished using and headed over to the treadmile.

Since the breakup you'd tried to find outlets for stress-relief and anger management.

Painting was a poor choice, you ended up getting even more frustrated with yourself when the designs didn't come out like you originally planned.

Cooking was subpar. You had fun doing it but didn't have the patience to learn the various skills needed to make some of the recipes on Pinterest. 

Sewing and knitting was a mess. You ended pricking your fingers each time and couldn't find it in yourself to keep trying.

However, almost magically, fitness seemed to work out perfectly. You were able to try all different kinds of machines and classes whenever you felt like it depending on your mood. 

There were a couple of gyms in your area and you purposely chose one that no one you knew would be at. It was one of the older ones instead of the hip fitness centers designed to attract younger crowds. 

After programming the settings on the treadmill to your liking, you started at a slow walk and began to build up into a brisk pace. 

As your thoughts drifted to how you'd broken up with Minyoung, you began to question if that was the right way to have gone about things. 

Shaking your head suddenly, you said out loud to yourself, "No Miyoon. Stop questioning yourself. That was your old weak self. Now you do things because you want to. No regrets. You separated yourself from Chunji because he has always been your crutch. You need to be stronger. You need to change!" 

Realizing you had talked to yourself for an extended amount of time and quite loudly, you felt your cheeks flush with embarassment as you noticed the looks the older patrons around you were shooting your way. 

Plugging your earbuds in you cranked up the settings on the treadmile and broke out into a run all the while muttering to yourself, "Change. Change. You want change. You can change. You MUST change!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Almost 5 miles on the treadmile later you decided you were done for the day and headed to the locker room to shower and change. 

Stepping out of the showers and changing into your fresh clothes you observed yourself in the mirror and noted how you had lost some weight and were beginning to look more toned. 

Smirking to yourself you said, "Heh. Killing two birds with one stone it seems. Attitude and physical change. I could get used to this."

Picking up your gym bag and swinging it onto your shoulder you headed out and decided that a new change in appearance and mindset required a new look. 

Seeing how a new hairstyle, makeup and outfits were needed you headed to the mall two towns over so as to avoid people you may know. 

As you exited the parking lot and drove onto the highway you couldn't help but smirk to yourself once more as you said, "Kwon Miyoon, you wanted a change? Well let the games begin."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hey guys! 

To sum up my disappearance, 

Uni/college is stressful as hell. It's been a rough semester but it'll be over in 3 weeks, meaning.....Hopefully more updates!

Yay!

Hope you guys enjoy the upcoming chapters and the direction I take this story in after this super long hiatus!

Until next time, 

-Cole  :)