Stop

You Liar.

Miyoon POV

'Please don't follow me. Please don't follow me. Please don't follow me,' You chanted to yourself in your head as you briskly tried to make your way to the field after ignoring Chunji for the second time that morning.

You thought you had actually managed to get away when you were grabbed on your shoulder and turned around to meet the slightly hurt and confused eyes of Chunji.

Of course. He's my best friend, I shouldn't have expected him to leave me alone that easily.

You closed your eyes and sighed deeply before finally looking up wearily into Chunji's eyes. "Yes?"

Chunji opened his mouth and proceeded to close it a few times, causing you to roll your eyes and murmur "I don't have time for this...," before attempting to turn around again.

Once again you were held back by your best friend.

"What is it?" You asked, slightly irritated at this point.

"Forreal? You are being serious right now? Why have you been acting like this to me since this morning?" Chunji questioned.

"Acting like what? I am perfectly normal." You replied nonchalantly.

Sorry Chunji, if I want to change into a stronger person I have to include you in this.

"No. No you are not. This isn't you. You would never ignore me like this. And you definitely wouldn't have done what you did back there with Minyung normally- daebak by the way- but seriously, what is with you?" He quesitoned with his brows now furrowed in concern.

You were so tempted to revel in your confidence at dumping your of an ex moments before that you almost forgot that you were supposed to be mad at the boy before you.

"Why? Am I too sensitive? Too nice? Too gullible? Too what? What exactly am I normally? Do please tell me." You questioned back.

"What? No, you're just normally not like this? I don't understand, you usually always talk to me about your problems."

You turned away from him and started walking towards the covered portion of the field to hide out like you originally intended and heard Chunji following you.

"Yeah. And maybe that is what my problem was..." You mumbled, but loud enough for him to hear you.

"What are you talking about?" Chunji asked with obvious hurt in his voice.

"Molla. All I'm saying is that maybe I would have been better off not spilling my problems to a supposed best friend that tried to comfort me when he knew the whole time that my boyfriend was fooling around on me the entire length of our relationship? Hmmmmm. What am I supposed to think after finding that out, 'bestfriend'?"

"I w-" He began but was cut off by you.

"No really. What am I supposed to think now? I trusted you the most and you never could tell me?"

You could feel the hurt and feelings of betrayal rising up within you and turned to look away again.

"Just answer me this Chunji. Why? Why couldn't you at least warn me? I wasted so much time and effort loving that guy. Why?" You asked barely louder than a soft whisper.

Chunji stepped closer to you and started to explain.

"Look, Miyoon, I just didn't want to hurt you or have you hate me or accuse me of making up lies. I just didn't know what to do. I don't know, I panicked and somehow thought that it would be better for you to find out on your own. But please, you have to believe me, I'm sorry. I never would intentionally let you get hurt. I'm your best friend for crying out loud! Miyoon look at me dammit!" Chunji responded angrily when you still didn't face him.

When he tried to explain himself again, you held up your hand to stop him.

"Okay. I get it. I know you wouldn't really try to harm me but you have to understand that you really violated my trust. You should have told me. Don't you know how much time I wasted with that ? I couldv'e been finding happiness with someone else!"

Chunji flinched and internally felt upset when you mentioned potenitally having a relationship with someone else.

"So what exactly are you saying? What is it that you want? Do you...not want to be friends anymore? Did I really betray your trust that much?"

"No. We will still be friends. I am not really truly mad it you, moreso Minyung. But I still feel betrayed. So I propose that you give me some space."

"Space? Yeah I can do that. Like what a day? A week?" Chunji said with a slight smile, just happy that you still wanted him as a friend.

You looked him straight in the yes before saying, "I was thinking something more along the lines of a month or so."

"A month?! But w-what, you said that you aren't truly mad at me! Why a month?" Chunji replied in a frenzy.

"I'm not. But this is time I want for myself. I just wanna focus on me and become a different person. I don't want to get hurt so easily anymore so I've decided that I'm going to change. I can't have you by my side during the early stages of me trying to change because I'm afraid that you might talk me out of it. I'm sorry. Nothing personal." You replied back.

Chunji looked at you solemnly before nodding slightly. "Fine. A month. I can give you that since I was a y best friend. But you must promise me that once that month is over I can be around you as much as I want."

"Fine. You know I guess this whole mess came at an opportune time, finals are over this week and then we're on the short end of term break. Perfect time for me to change."

Chunji's eyes softened as he looked at you before saying, "Don't change too much okay? I think you're already great the way you are."

You closed your eyes and said "I'll try not to." I'm sorry but if I'm ever gonna be considered a stronger person to everyone, I will have to change myself a lot.

You looked at Chunji and noticed the time, "Yah, You should go back to class. We've already missed 2 periods."

Chunji nodded and waited for you to come with him, surprised that you hadn't gotten up yourself.

"You go ahead. I'm gonna skip the rest of the day. I'm not in the mood. Remember, one month."

Chunji was stunned at your choice which was so unlike your normal self but nonetheless nodded and headed back into school.

When you finally heard the school doors shut behind him you let out a deep sigh.

"Well Kwon Miyoon. Look's like today is the start of new choices and a brand new you."