Promise?

Best Friends Forever

Kai's POV:

We sat at a table sipping our hot chocolate. Together.

No. This is a dream. I tried pinching myself. Ow. This isn't a dream.. Krystal, the one true love of my life is right here in front of my eyes.

When I turned around and said, "Krystal?", she looked up at me a little bit confused. I recognized her in half a second, that cute babyface of hers never left.  She still looked a little bit confused, staring hard into my face, but then, a flicker of recognition ran across her face. Phew, she still remembers me..

I was a little bit dazed while talking to her. And, I wasn't even really paying attention to her that much. Krystal. Jung. Is. Here. With. Me. I swear, I was smiling like a huge idiot right then and there.

"So, what are you doing here in Korea? How long are you staying?" I asked. Please say forever, please!

"I'm actually here with my boyfriend, Chanyeol," she said.

My dream has just turned into a nightmare.

My heart stopped. Here. With. Her. BOYFRIEND? The smile on my face disappeared. I swear my heart sank deep down, like it weighed a ton.

Did you know, Krystal, that I thought of you every single day while you were gone? Everything reminded me of you. You are the only one I've liked loved since you've been gone. Does that mean anything to you? Do I mean anything to you? 

Of course, I didn't have the guts to say that to her face. I'm such a wimp..

"I'm staying here for the summer. About 3 months. I've graduated high school a bit early, and since Chanyeol is 2 years older, he's already graduated. We're staying here with his parents. He's Korean, by the way, haha." she said. Her voice was so calm and serene, I wish I could record her words and listen to her talk at night.. But, I didn't want her to say these words. They were hurtful. She has a boyfriend. We promised each other we'd marry one another. It was an unrealistic idea, but I took it very seriously. I've only liked her my entire life. I didn't dare look at anyone else.

"Really? That's great." I lied and smiled a fake smile. I don't want you to stay here with your boyfriend, Hanyeol, or whatever his name is. Stay. With me. 

Krystal's (Your) POV:

We talked for what seemed like minutes, yet 2 and a half hours have passed by. It was so great to meet up with Kai. He really brightened my day. :) I didn't know I would bump into him so quickly.. (A/N): Is it fate..? :)

I realized what time it was when Chanyeol gave me a text message:

Yah, it's almost 12, you should be here by now! - Chanyeol

"Sorry, Kai, but it's time for me to go.. I'll see you around! We have to catch up again later! See you soon," I said with a smile. It was really great to see him again. 

"Okay. I guess we'll find our way back to each other soon.." Kai said quietly. I smiled at his statement. Hah, he's adorable. 

I left to go to Chanyeol's parents' house. I was in a huge rush because he might get mad at me later.. Thankfully, I arrived just in time.

I rang the doorbell, and what I guessed to be Chanyeol's mom opened up the door.

"Hello, you must be Krystal! Our Channie has said so many great things about you! Come on in, have some tea! You must be so exhausted from the plane ride, come on!" she said enthusiastically. Wow, she's so nice.. How did she give birth to someone like Chanyeol? Shut up, Krystal! Chanyeol can be very nice at times.. He's just not that open to others.. 

I walked through the door and my jaw literally dropped. Chaneyol's house was BEAUTIFUL. And HUGE. It didn't look that big from the outside, but my goodness, the inside is like a whole other world. 

"So, I take it you like the place?" Chanyeol's mom asked with a smile.

"Oh my goodness, I love it! It's beautiful," I gushed.

"Why, thank you, I'll have Chanyeol give you a tour later.. Let's go to meet him and his father!" she said. I nodded and followed her to the living room. Sure enough, Chanyeol and his dad, I suppose, were sitting there chatting. When Chanyeol saw us coming in, he smiled. Weird..

"Hey, sweetie," he said. Uh... what did he just call me?

I took a seat beside him and he whispered in my ear, "It's about time you came.. my parents were getting worried.." 

"Sorry," I whispered back.

And from there on, we had a nice little chat with his parents, or Umma and Appa, as they wanted me to call them. Well, it's not like we're married or anything..

Kai's POV:

When she left the cafe, I felt a feeling of emptiness in me again. Come back..

I figured it was time for me to go too, so I went to my buddy, Sehun's, house. (A/N): SEHUN! :D

"Hey, what's up?" Sehun said when he opened up the door for me.

"Guess what? Krystal's here," I said quietly.

"WOAH. THE Krystal? The one you're totally in love with? She's here?!" Sehun screamed. He has known about me and my undying love for Krystal. He's known Krystal since he was young as well. 

"Yep.." I said.

"Well, then, why are you so sad? She's back. Go make her yours," Sehun said with a wink.

"I would.. if she didn't have a boyfriend," I said and hung my head low.

"Wait.. she's taken?!" Sehun said loudly. "I'm sorry, buddy... Wait, hold on..." Sehun said that with a mischievous look on his face.

"Oh no you don't. You're not going to create any trouble for her and her boyfriend! She's happy, and that's all that matters." I said the last part sadly. Can't I be happy, too?

"Aw, come on, dude! What if the guy is a total jerk! Then, I will totally make some trouble! Anything for my bro," Sehun said. Gotta love this kid..

"Ugh. I just can't believe she's here. But, she's here with a guy. This can't be happening," I said.

Sehun looked at me for a while.. It was getting kinda creepy..

"Listen, I will try my best to make her fall for you, alright?" Sehun said. "Just.. give it a rest for now. I'll deal with it soon. I promise."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever," I said casually. But, inside I was hoping that he would actually suceed in this mission.

"Operation MKFILWY - Make Krystal Fall In Love With You - will be in session soon! I promise, buddy!" Sehun said with a huge smile.

I rolled my eyes at the long and ridiculous title.

Please keep that promise, Sehun..

(A/N): By the way, I want this fic to be around 20-40 chapters long. Hope you all are enjoying it so far~! :D Please comment below! (: