Gotta Look Good

Best Friends Forever

(A/N) - Literally, guys. I haven't posted in two years. Which amazes me. I have literally changed so much, it's not even funny... Ever since I left middle school, I stopped being into K-pop... And now, I think I 'm back in it. Oh my goodness, right? Yeah, two years. I don't even know how I put this off for nearly two years ahaha. Sorry if the story's a little bit different. Obviously the author has matured nearly two years. So.. let's see how this goes :) By the way, in the foreword, I took out the part where Chanyeol has some secret. I can't really think of any subtle way to intertwine a hidden secret of his into the story so sorry! I might put it back in, though. We'll see. 

Kai's POV:

I stared at myself in the mirror after taking the nice shower. Do I wanna look nice for Suzy? Nah, she'll just fall in love with me and we don't want that..

Oooh, cocky. Krystal wouldn't like that. Stop.

I do want to look decent at least for Krystal. Maybe show her that I'm much more good looking than Chanyeol. I haven't seen the guy. 

I sat down and thought about this entire situation.

I really want to be with Krystal. She's everything I've ever wanted and I know that if I was given the chance, I would treat her like the princess she is. I just can't. She's with someone else. I don't have the heart to break a couple apart because I know that would really . The guy better know he is the luckiest human being on this planet. He's with the most amazing girl. In the world.

Ugh, shut up Kai, you're such a girl sometimes.

I quickly dressed into a casual outfit. T-shirt and jeans. Good enough? Sure.

DIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNG DOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNG.

Only one person I know who holds the doorbell for that damn long.

I opened the door.

"HEY MAN! WHAT'S UP?" Sehun beamed. He is so enthusiastic at times. So energetic. Calm down.

"Nothing. Just getting ready for this double date or whatever," I said.

"OH YEAH!!! That's today? Damn. Time flies by." 

"Yeah.. Do I look alright?" 

"You look totally HOT. No homo." 

"You don't have to say 'no homo' for me to know that you are not gay."

"Dude, whY are you so irritated??" Sehun questioned. "Aren't you supposed to be happy? You're going to get Krystal back, no doubt. That guy Chanyeol will end up being heartbroken or whatever and will probably hook up with Suzy since she doesn't have any more chances of being with you, ever. Everyone's happy! Sort of."

"I don't know. I feel wrong for doing this. I'm going to be possibly stealing the greatest girl from this innocent guy who is probably just as in love with her as I am," I said sadly. No one loves her as much as I do, but I still feel bad..

"Don't worry, man. He's probably a huge douche," Sehun reassured.

Krystal's (Your) POV:

I was sitting down in front of my mirror and curled my last strand of hair when Chanyeol walked in. 

"Hey babe, what should I-" he stopped when he looked at me. 

"Why didn't you knock? And why are you staring at me like that?" I asked.

"Why do you look so nice?" Chanyeol asked. I didn't know whether that was a compliment or an insult.

"Uh, do I not look nice on any other given day??"

"I mean, yeah, but you're curling your hair. You always leave it natural or throw it up into a ponytail. And you're wearing eye makeup. We're only going to the movies with what's-his-face and what's-her-face," Chanyeol said with a confused look on his face.

"Kai and some other girl. I can't look nice to go the movies?" 

"Well, I don't mind."

"Okay then."

Others may observe our relationship and see it as a very strange one, since we're always so cold to one another. We actually didn't get off to the right start. We were very competitive towards the other in school. We saw each other as enemies and somehow we developed feelings for each other. Cliche, huh?

I thought about what Chanyeol said. I don't really know why I was so careful about my appearance today. I just feel some urge to look nice today. Nothing wrong with that, right?

You wanna look good for Kai, stupid. He's bringing another girl with him to the movies and you want to make him jealous.

What. The. Heck. I need to stop this madness in my mind. It's like there's two of me in here.

I don't have feelings for Kai. That was like so ten years ago. He's probably moved on and so have I. 

I still can't stop wondering about this girl.. Who is she?

"..Babe?" Chanyeol asked slowly.

"Uh what?" I didn't notice that he was still standing in my room.

"I just asked you like a minute ago. This shirt or this one??" He held out the two shirts.

"That one!" I pointed to the denim shirt. He looks great in that one. 

"Alright. Stop acting so weird. You're freaking me out," Chanyeol said and softly smiled at me.

I smiled back. He's being so weirdly nice to me and I don't know why.

It took another 10 minutes for us to get ready. Before we stepped out the door, we faced each other and used the other as a mirror. I fixed his collar and he pushed my hair behind my ears. 

"You look great. So great that I'm scared this Kai guy will steal you away from me," Chanyeol said in a quiet voice.

I looked in his eyes and saw a hint of pain. Is he actually scared of losing me? 

And it would be bad if I left him for Kai... right?

I smiled and said, "Don't worry."

I didn't know what else to say.

(A/N) - What does Krystal's heart want???? I know a lot of you guys want Kaistal, as I've seen in the comments but there is a possibility that it won't end like that... I don't even know yet. We'll seee~