Chapter 3

Because...

“I can’t freaking believe this!” I exclaimed. “A week’s suspension?!” I balled up the pink paper and threw it at the trash.  For the little incident in the classroom regarding a wealthy company owner’s daughter, I got suspended from school. I sat down on the table in the clubroom. Sunggyu came over and threw his hand over my shoulder.

“She was so cool you guys. I wanted to see her beat up that snotty, . She lucked out,” he said to everyone else.

“I swear she started it,” I pointed out.

“I’m sure she did Noona,” Sungjong said coming over and patting my shoulder. “I know you wouldn’t just threaten anyone like that,” he said handing me a lollipop. I quickly took it, unwrapped it, and stuck it in my mouth.

“And she totally changed her story when they called her into the Principal’s office,” I screamed and then jumped from the table. “This pisses me off. I’m going home,” I said grabbing my jacket and heading for the door. I heard Sunggyu move behind me.

“Later you guys,” he said and rushed to my side. When we were outside he ran ahead and stopped in front of me. “C’mon, smile, babe,” he said with a weary smile on his face.

“I don’t wanna,” I said walking around him.

“Please? I don’t like it when you aren’t happy. Smile for me, please?” he said running in front of me again. He put his hands on my shoulders and slowly brought his forehead to mine. I felt my anger easing away slowly. This is what I love most about Sunggyu. No matter how angry I get or how sad I get he can always calm me down. Even if the person I’m mad at is him. He has this magical way of settling me when I can’t even settle myself. A small smile started to make its way on my face.

“There’s my girl,” he said without opening his eyes. A big smile plastered on his face. “You should cheer up and look forward to our date this weekend,” he said lacing his fingers with mine and leading the way off school grounds. I really did cheer up.

“That’s right! It’s your treat right?” I said with a smirk.

“Of course. How could I ask you to pay?” he said. I walked with Sunggyu to his house. It was a small two bedroom flat, but since his mom was never home anyways it was mostly just him and me. I slung my hands around his neck and he picked me up. After he spun me around a few times I kissed his lips softly. He kissed back and made the kiss more passionate and hot. He slowly started making his way toward his bedroom.

“Gyu-ah?” I said softly when he was halfway down the hallway.

“Neh?”

“I love you,” I said. He bit my neck softly. “Yah!” I giggled and he ran the rest of the way to the bedroom shutting the door behind him.