Chapter Two

Battle of the Idols

 

JB swung his arms in an arc, his body moving in perfect rhythm with the music. JR sat at the other side of the practice room, his head bobbing in unison with the music as he watched his leader practice.

They’d been here for the past five hours. Having spent the first three hours practicing their new song for their comeback, JB had stayed for the remaining two to practise his choreography for Dream High, the debut song of Invincible. JR had stayed back with his hyung, just to watch him practise- he had heard that the dances of the upcoming group Invincible were incredibly challenging, and he wanted to see for himself. It didn’t disappoint.

Just at that moment, the door to the practice room swung open; the Miss A and 2AM members strode in, laughing and joking. They came to an abrupt stop at the sight of the two maknaes.

JR leapt to his feet, startled, and quickly bowed in greeting. JB turned, out of breath and exhausted, and bowed low to his sunbaes.

Jo Kwon waved a hand, “Don’t bother with the formalities, guys. Just go on practicing, we’ll go to the other practice room.”

JB shook his head as he straightened up, “No, that’s all right, hyung. I was just leaving.”

He grabbed his phone and motioned for JR to follow him when Min suddenly suggested, “Hey…why don’t we go out for a drink?”

There was a long silence as everyone turned to stare at her, and Changmin pointed out the obvious, “But…JB, JR and Suzy are underaged.”

“Well…we can just go out for a meal? It’s been a really long time since we all hung out together.” Fei suggested. Jia clapped her hands, “Yeah, we can call the 2PM guys to come along, if they’re free.”

“No, they’re not. They’re preparing for their comeback, remember? Jinyoung-hyung’s with them, and I bet he’s grilling them like hell.” Seulong replied with a laugh. Min shrugged, “Just us, then. C’mon.”

JB and JR grinned and hurried to join the group, JB quickly taking his place beside Jinwoon and JR giving Seulong a friendly slap on the back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jessica and Krystal threw themselves onto the ground, utterly exhausted. Jonghyun was in slightly better shape, but he too was doubled over and panting hard. Yunho, who had stayed back to give them extra dancing practice, frowned and shook his head, “C’mon, guys, stand up. Let’s continue practicing. We don’t have much time left, I have to go for my own schedule soon.”

Jonghyun shook his head weakly, “No…please. Can’t…keep…up.” Jessica and Krystal were too tired to even respond.

“Get back up, guys. You’re gonna have to practice if you want to do as well as the others. Don’t forget, the boss will be pissed if you guys embarrass him.” Yunho tapped his feet impatiently. Jonghyun’s eyes narrowed at his sunbae’s words. Gritting his teeth in determination, he just managed to push himself up, but nearly collapsed in exhaustion again. Jessica and Krystal couldn’t even move.

The door to the practice room opened, and Changmin poked his head in, “Yah, hyung, we gotta go now. The manager’s waiting.”

Yunho frowned. He turned to the trio on the floor, “You guys continue practicing on your own. And don’t slack off. I’ll check on your progress when I get back.” With that, he strode out of the room after Changmin.

Jonghyun cursed, “Goddammit. What does he take us for? He thinks we’re not as good as a bunch of kids?” He kicked out viciously at the nearby chair. Jessica rolled her eyes, “You think that’s gonna make you better at dancing?”

Jonghyun looked up at Jessica angrily, “Whose side are you on, leader?”

“No one’s.”Jessica replied coolly, “I’m just thinking about this rationally.”

Jonghyun’s eyes narrowed, “You…Don’t give me that crap, you’re just going against me intentionally! Ever since that incident you’ve always been giving me this sort of crap-”

“Stop being so self-centered.” Jessica interrupted, her eyes colder than ice, her voice so detached that she hardly seemed to care about what she was saying, “Not everything is about you, Kim Jonghyun. I couldn’t be bothered about giving you crap and all that, you’re not worth my time at all.”

Jonghyun looked up, and his eyes were so angry they almost seemed to burn, but Jessica met his gaze calmly, expressionlessly. Krystal shifted uncomfortably, “Unnie…let’s just get back to practice.” She tugged on her sister’s arm, and Jessica just gave a small, nonchalant smile, “All right. Come on.” They supported each other up, completely ignoring the SHINee member.

Jonghyun’s fist clenched.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jiyeon glared at Eunjung and hit her playfully, “Yah, don’t steal my food! I’m hungry!”

Eunjung rolled her eyes, “You’re always hungry!” She snatched the bowl from Jiyeon, hurriedly stuffing the kimchi into . Jiyeon pouted, “Unnie!”

Hyomin laughed, “You two look more like kids than Dani and Areum do!”

The two new maknaes blushed, but smiled at the sight of their unnies playing.

Just then, the door to the restaurant swung open, and a group of rowdy people entered the restaurant. The T-ara members looked up, and their eyes widened in surprise. Soyeon got up and waved, “Yah! What a coincidence!”

The Miss A, 2AM and JJProject members looked over, startled. Min grinned, “Hey! What a coincidence!” They strode over to the T-ara members, and Seulong asked, “Do you mind us sitting with you guys?”

The T-ara members quickly made space in response.

The Miss A members seated themselves between Eunjung and Dani, with Suzy next to Eunjung and Fei next to Dani, while the 2AM members quickly sat down between Soyeon and Boram.

Jinwoon waved to the JJProject members, “C’mon, sit down already!”

JR grinned and quickly sat down on the other side of Dani, greeting her cheerfully, “Annyeong! I’m JR, it’s nice to meet you!”

Dani smiled shyly, “Hi. I’m Dani.” They quickly shook hands.

“Yah, Jiyeon, make a space for JB!” Qri called. Jiyeon shifted uncomfortably, and her eyes flickered to JB; their eyes met, and both looked away at once. JB coughed. Jiyeon quickly shifted over, and JB shuffled nervously, seating himself next to her. Both were uncomfortably close, so close that the slightest movement would make them touch. JB murmured a quiet greeting, and Jiyeon nodded in reply. Then the discussion amongst the others swelled, and silence enveloped the two of them. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

JONGSICA AND JJCOUPLE!!!!!!! Honestly, other than Wootae and Paris/Rosaline(Romeo and Juliet), these two couples are really my favourite! In any case, here's the next update. We get a glimpse of the drama between Jongsica and JJCouple. 

Jonghyun and Jessica obviously have other reasons as to why they are so hostile to each other, especially Jessica. Jonghyun's really frsutrated with Jessica's whole 'I don't care' attitude, but why? Krystal knows what's between them, too, but she's almost scared to interfere...don't worry, it'll all come out in a few chapters!

JB and Jiyeon are REALLY awkward with each other, too. Can anyone guess why? It seems that no one has any idea of the tension between them...here's a hint: It's related to something that happened between them on the set of Dream High 2, and it's a REALLY awkward situation.

Obsidian members will appear in the next chapter; it'll mainly be Myungsoo/Gyuri focused.

In any case, I hope you guys liked this chapter! And remember, comment and subcribe!