Chapter Ten

Battle of the Idols

 

Krystal folded her arms, her expression impatient. “Well?”

“I…just…” Myungsoo stuttered, appearing unusually nervous. Krystal raised an eyebrow. After a few moments of silence, Myungsoo finally managed to blurt out, “Are you free this Friday?”

“…Are you asking me out on a date?” Krystal’s eyebrow rose even higher, her voice incredulous as she stared at Myungsoo.

Myungsoo’s fingers twisted together behind his back, his gaze not meeting hers. “Just…I’ll…I’ll fetch you here at Friday, noon, all right?”

Before she could say a word, he zipped to the lift, pressing the button frantically. As the lift doors closed, Krystal thought she saw Myungsoo wipe the sweat off his forehead, breathing a sigh of relief.

Krystal bit back a laugh. So, despite his mysterious and badboy image, Kim Myungsoo was still just an awkward little boy when it came to love. She thought his awkwardness was endearing – far more adorable than his usual cool self.

And so she pulled her phone out, adding a reminder – Date with Kim Myungsoo, Friday, Noon.

A voice pulled her back from her thoughts, “So what did the guy want?”

Krystal quickly hid her phone from sight. “Nothing much. Why’re you such a busybody, Kai? You’re not even a member of Invincible.”

A brief look of hurt crossed Kai’s face, but he wiped it off almost at once. “I’m just concerned about you, Krystal. You know Kim Myungsoo doesn’t have a very good reputation.”

Krystal rolled her eyes. “Maybe you shouldn’t just judge a book by its cover.” She strode into the house, Kai following her as he frowned. “Oh, now you’re defending him?”

“Will you two zip it!” Junho hissed from the hallway. Both stared at him. “What are you doing?”

Junho stood outside the door of the room he shared with Jonghyun. He pointed to the door, then pressed his ear to it, giving them a “duh” look.

Krystal and Kai stared at him, then at each other. As if on cue, both whispered, “We’ll join you,” and they tiptoed over to eavesdrop with Junho.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wooyoung groaned as he pulled JB into the room, the younger man’s arm over his shoulder. Nickhun glanced over, alarmed, and quickly got up to help with their hoobae. They dumped him on Wooyoung’s bed, and he landed with a thump. JB turned over, completely unaware in the change of places; he just continued snoring.

Nickhun sat down on his chair, indicating JB. “The hell is this, Wooyoung? I know you guys are close, but for him to turn up drunk, here…wait, isn’t he underaged? How the hell did he even get his hands on alcohol?”

Wooyoung could only shrug. He glanced at JB; the boy looked messed up. There were dark circles under his eyes, his hair and clothes completely dishevelled; he looked no better than a beggar from the streets. His lip was cut; Wooyoung hadn’t noticed that earlier, and neither had he noticed the tears in the boy’s clothes. He breathed a sigh of frustration. Great. JB probably had gotten into a fight at some bar. Fantastic.

Nickhun folded his arms, frowning. “What the hell is wrong with this kid? Did he get into a fight with Jr or something? He’s not gay, is he?”

Wooyoung shot Nickhun a look. “Is that all you can think about? Seriously.”

He knelt down beside the bed, studying the boy for a moment. Then he spoke, “Call Jinyoung-hyung for me.”

Nickhun stared at him. “What? Call…call the boss? Why?”

Wooyoung glared at him. “Just do it.”

“But he’s all the way in Japan!” Nickhun protested, “The charges would be really expensive! Plus he’ll be pissed that we bothered him over a drunk idol-”

“It’s not just about a drunk idol.” Wooyoung hissed, “If he doesn’t come over now, I’m going to make it an incident so big every entertainment company in Korea is going to hear about it.”

Nickhun gaped at Wooyoung; he’d never heard the younger man speak so angrily before. With no other choice, he turned to grab his phone, but as he dialled in the first few numbers, Wooyoung spoke again, “Call Park Jiyeon and Kim Kwang Soo too.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“You idiot.” Kim Kwang Soo hissed.

Jiyeon had to force herself not to roll her eyes; she’d heard this routine many times, since the day that Kim Kwang Soo had found out. She folded her arms, staring out of the window as she waited to reach the destination.

As they reached 2PM’s dorm, they were surprised to see Nickhun and Taecyeon waiting outside. Nickhun’s expression was grumpy, Taecyeon’s a little bemused.

Nickhun sighed, his breath crystallizing in the freezing air. “Finally you two are here! God, it’s freezing out here.”

Kwang Soo fixed him with an ice-cold glare. “Where’s your CEO?”

“Jinyoung-hyung isn’t back yet, he’s on a plane back from Japan right now. Wooyoung’s waiting for you upstairs.” Nickhun pointed upwards.

Kwang Soo’s words came out in a hiss, “I thought you said your CEO wanted to meet us.”

“Yeah, he wants to meet you, but it was Wooyoung who arranged the meeting in the first place.” Taecyeon replied with a sigh. “And I’m the one who gets stuck with waiting for Jinyoung-hyung…”

Nickhun patted Taecyeon on the back, then motioned for Kwang Soo and Jiyeon to follow him. “Come on, Wooyoung’s waiting.”

Kwang Soo muttered, “Since when did the members of 2PM get to order CEOs around?” Nevertheless, he followed after Nickhun.

As they went up the lift, Jiyeon shifted uncomfortably. She knew why she was here, of course. Any meeting between Jiyeon, Kim Kwang Soo and Park Jinyoung guaranteed that it would be about…that.

“Hurry up!” Kim Kwang Soo snapped at her; Jiyeon jerked, startled. She had not realised that the lift had already reached its destination.

As they entered 2PM’s dorm, Jiyeon could not help but note how messy it was; clothes were strewn everywhere, with food wrappers and empty drink bottles all over the ground. Nickhun noticed her expression and grinned apologetically. “Sorry, we’re a pretty messy bunch of guys. We usually do cleaning on Sundays, and today’s Friday, so…yeah.” He dipped his head sheepishly.

She heard the click of a door and turned to look at the hallway, only to see Wooyoung emerging from a room. He looked straight at her, then pointed at the room. “He’s in there. Move.”

Jiyeon stared at him, blinking. Kim Kwang Soo strode up to Wooyoung, sticking his face right into the younger man’s as he demanded, “Who the hell do you think you are, idol, ordering us around like that?”

“You came, didn’t you?” Wooyoung pointed out coldly. He indicated the room he had just came out from. “Hurry up, Jiyeon.”

Hesitantly, Jiyeon headed towards the room. Kim Kwang Soo made to follow her, but Wooyoung blocked him with his arm. “I’d like to speak to you, Kim Kwang Soo-sshi.”

Kim Kwang Soo’s face flushed at his rudeness, but he stayed silent.

As Jiyeon reached the door, she paused, uncertain. Nickhun, standing next to her, murmured, “I don’t know just what happened, but if you can help the kid – then please do.”

He opened the door and pushed her in gently, closing the door behind her.

It took a moment for Jiyeon’s eyes to adjust to the darkness, but almost at once, she could see the figure lying on the bed, completely knocked out. And just like that, it was as if she was transported back in time to a year prior…

Jiyeon groaned as she opened her eyes; the room was dark, although there was some light streaming in through the closed curtains. She blinked hard, then lifted a hand to touch her forehead.

Her head was ringing – it was as if someone had taken a hammer to her head throughout the night. Jiyeon felt sick, too. What the hell had happened last night?

She stared up at the ceiling, her eyes strained and her brows drawn together as she tried to remember the events of the previous night.

The Dream High 2 ending celebration! That was right, PD-nim had invited everyone out for dinner to celebrate the end of filming. Jiyeon remembered stuffing herself full yesterday night; there was just so much good food that had to be consumed last night!

But it wasn’t just food, was it…? Jiyeon frowned, her head throbbing, as she remembered Jinwoon handing her a bottle of soju and telling her she was old enough to drink. All of them had drank alcohol last night, even the underaged ones like JB and Jr.

JB…

A gasp escaped her lips as the memories of last night’s events came crashing into her mind, and, automatically, she turned to stare at the person lying next to her.

JB.

Unlike her, he was still out cold. His arm was flung over the pillow, his eyes closed, his blonde hair dishevelled.

Even at this moment, Jiyeon could not help but think how incredibly cute JB looked.

But the panic came rushing back almost at once – she was under the sheets, and she was almost a hundred percent certain that so was he. Which meant…yeah. They had definitely slept together.

The thought sent a shiver of pleasure down her spine; she’d enjoyed it – how could she not? She’d thought of doing it with JB, and him specifically, many times before. Dreamt of it, even. But never, in her wildest dreams, had she thought that it would happen in real life.

And yet here they were. Not that she was particularly upset about it, but nevertheless, there was that sense of “Oh , I’ve done something idols aren’t supposed to do’.

Suddenly, JB stirred. He blinked sleepily, his hand jumping up to massage his head like hers had as he groaned, “God, my head hurts…”

He nearly went back to sleep, but as he turned to his side, he caught sight of Jiyeon staring wide-eyed at him, like a deer caught in the headlights.

Silence.

JB bolted upright. “Holy-” He gaped at her. “Jiyeon-sshi…”

His gaze travelled over her body, making her feel slightly uncomfortable, before he stared down at himself.

“We…oh, god. We’re in trouble.”

And Jiyeon could only agree with him.

Jiyeon shook herself out of the flashback, focusing on the now. Slowly, she walked over to JB’s unconscious form; he was tossing and turning, his expression distressed.

Jiyeon stared at him, silently taking in his messy hair, torn clothes, bruised arms and cut lip. JB was suffering, just like how she had suffered, how she was still suffering. She wondered if he woke up in the middle of the night like she did, sweating and thinking about the dreams that had just awoken her, the dreams of the child they could have had.

Staring at JB now, watching him as he slept fitfully, she was almost certain that the dreams that had plagued her were affecting him as well. And, for the first time since the abortion, she allowed herself to think the one thing that she’d been denying for so long.

You need me, Im Jaebum. And I need you with me too. Because I still love you. 

-------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the next chapter! 

Mostly Myungstal and JJCouple this time - so Myungsoo finally makes his move, and Krystal actually does show a little attraction to him...what will this spell for Kaistal? Myungstal's date comes in the next chapter, so Myungstal shippers can rejoice :)

I think this was actually my favourite chapter so far, mainly because of Myungsoo's awkwardness plus Jiyeon's flashback + thoughts about JB. Jiyeon has finally decided what she really wants - to get back together with JB - but is he willing to go along with that, or will his anger blind him? And what REALLY happened with the baby? Wait for the next chapter to find out, guys!

And remember, comment and subscribe!