mom! i promise i won't let you die!

The Devastating Nightmare!

‘’Mom! Mom!’’ I cried in front of the closed door.

Those stupid doctors wouldn’t let me in. I banged on the door but they wouldn’t answer. Through the tiny window I could see several doctors standing around my mother. I pounded on the door ones again. And started yelling.

‘’ let me in! Mom! Let me in!’’

Finally one off the doctors looked up and opened the door.

‘’ are you jasmine? ‘’

‘’ yes’’ I answered.

‘’ can I speak with you for a moment.’’

‘’ of course.’’ I said.

‘’ you are the only one who can take care of your mother, right?’’

‘’ yes, I have no other family nor do I have a father.’’

‘’ yeah, I heard that.’’ Said the doctor to me ‘’ aren’t there any friends of your mother?’’

‘’ no I said since 2 years she hasn’t left the house because of her condition.’’

The doctor signed.

‘’ you mother is very sick.’’ He said.

‘’ I know.’’ I said. ‘’ she has been sick for 3 years now.’’

I raised an eyebrow at him. Why did he say something what was already so obvious?

‘’ if your mother doesn’t get a new heart by the and off the next month she will die.’’

My heart now sank into the ground.

‘’ what!?’’

‘’ like I just told you. Your mother needs a new heart. It beats so slow it can barely keep her alive every minute it beats slower. By the end of the next month it will fall still and your mother will die. Unless she gets a new heart.’’

‘’ then get her a new heart!’’

‘’ it’s not that simple.’’

‘’ why not?’’

‘’ because of blood group and that kind of stuff, but your mother has a common blood group so I think it is possible.’’

‘’ then give her the operation!’’

‘’ well, there is another problem.’’

‘’ what is it?’’

‘’ the operation is very expensive.’’

‘’ how much?’’

‘’20.000’’

‘’ so much!’’

My eyes literally popped out of my eyes. No way could I get that kind of money by the end of this month.

‘’ I don’t have the money.’’

‘’ I know.’’ Said the doctor. ‘’ we are trying to think of a to save your mom. But for now you can go to her for a minute.’’

‘’ let’s go.’’

‘’ but only for a minute then go home.’’

I walked into the room my mom was in. she was sleeping. I stood next to her bed. A silent tear felt down my face when I saw her lying like that. I grabbed my mother hand.

‘’ mom?’’ I said to her.

Of course there was no answer but just by seeing her and talking to her it made me feel better. I whipped the tear of my face.

‘’ mom it’s me. Can you promise me something? You won’t die before the next month.’’

It stayed silent. I take that as a yes.

‘’ then I will promise you something. I will get the money for your operation.’’

I have no clue how I am supposed to do that. I am just a little 16 year old girl what could I do?

‘’ I promise. I will not let you die. I will get the money, don’t worry you’ll be okay.’’

The door of the room opened.

‘’ jasmine the minute is over.’’

I gave mom a kiss on her forehead and left.

‘’ outside is a cab waiting for you.’’ Said the doctor.

--- ---

At home I opened the door that led to my house. Inside I broke down. I fell to the floor and screamed. After the scream tears were coming from my eyes again. It’s miracle that they didn’t run dry already. I cried out my whole heart. When I was done crying the anger came over me. Why!? Why was it my mother?! Why didn’t I stay home with her?! I could have helped her! I made myself stand up and drag myself to the bed. But walked in my room and saw my own reflection in the mirror. A healthy young girl. With red eyes from crying. The reflection changed to my sick mom. I looked at it. She can’t be in the mirror. I am going crazy I thought. The mom in the mirror smiled and then the reflection disappeared. ‘

‘’ mom!’’

I screamed. Seeing her leave from my eyes even though it was a mirror i still hurt my heart. I swung my bag with all the books and stuff to the mirror. It hit the mirror and the mirror shattered in thousand pieces. I laughed softly at the mirror.

‘’ hehe, a mirror really shows your reflection.’’

The shattered mirror looked a lot like how my heartfelt now. All the broken pieces where spread across the hall. I didn’t care I just walked over them and dragged myself to my bed.  I don’t know how long I layer there staring at my ceiling. On my ceiling where stars which i sticked to the ceiling when I was younger. My mom helped me stick all the stars on the ceiling. I think I was 4 or 5 maybe 6. When we were busy sticking them she told me that when a person dies, that person becomes a star high up in the sky. So if you can see the stars in the sky, the person is looking at you. You will never lose the person the person will always stay with you. Then when 5 years ago my father died she said she counted the stars the night he died and there was one star more. so hadn't really left us all alone. I stood up. I walked to my window sat down in front of it. It surprised me that it was already dark. I looked up at the sky. The stars where high up in the sky. They looked so beautiful. Will mom become a star when she dies? Is mom alright now? I started counting the stars.


this is chapter 2.

i put a lot of work in this to get an other chapter up today. so i hope to get a little more feedback then i received for my last updates.

i only got one comment so far, i feel so sad is it that bad????? TT_TT

no worries if you want to read this to the end i will finfish it but i feel so sad with this little feedback. so please please comment and subsribe i helps me to keep writing.

so helidou i looked over it again. and yes you where right i missed some words TT_TT sorry. i think i got a lot of them back now. i will pay better attention to it next time.