Chapter 7: Labeled

Blackout

Chapter 7:

"a big bounty on your head"
Genre: Romance || Suspense || Drama || Tragedy || Mafia War || Friendship || Humor


“Bom?” He asked, recognizing the voice as the red-headed nurse. “Why do you have Seunghyun’s phone?”

Her voice toned down a bit when she answered, “I tried calling you with my phone but you rejected it, so I borrowed Seunghyun’s. I didn’t know we lived in the same building.”

“Well, you do now. So what do you want?”

Her voice changed from calm to hostile when he popped the question. “The person at the front desk told me you and Dara went out. Where is she!?”

“She’s right there talking to a chef. Sheesh you sound like a mother.”

“A chef?” She almost stuttered, her voice barely breaking over the other line. “Did he recognize Dara?”

GD’s brow furrowed quizzically. Why would Bom ask that type of question? Was it somehow part of the fact that she was also searching for Dara’s identity or was it for a deeper reason?

GD moved his gaze towards Dara and the chef. They were indulged in a deep conversation about the amount of olive oil to be used at the dish the chef cooked. Dara had implied that he used too much, making the food runny in . He noted the fact at how the chef’s ears perk with interest as he listened to her, and how his eyes seemed to brighten up just by her mere presence. Even so, he doesn’t seem to give any hints of knowing her by any chance.

“Nope doesn’t look like it.” GD had finally said, easing Bom’s tense nerves on the other line.

“Good. Go home now.”

With that demand lingering, she ended the call.

He stuffed his phone back into his pocket and went over to Dara, excusing himself to the chef he was talking. “Let’s go.”

She dismissed the chef she was talking to and turned to him with a pout. “Already?” She whined.

She looked so adorable acting all childish and cute. She might not notice it, but he had the sudden urge to kiss the inviting pout she made with her lips. Does she even know that she’s making him feel weird and giddy all over? It was slowly tearing him apart knowing that he was developing concern for this girl right here.

He had managed to snap out of his thoughts and salvage the remaining strands of his dignity. He straightened himself up and cleared his throat to somehow at least clear his thoughts at the same time.

“Bom-eomma is gonna raise hell if you don’t go home now, so we better go now.” He remarked, turning his back on her to walk first.

Dara sighed and blew a strand of hair that fell in front of her face before catching up to GD. They walked out of the mall and into the parking lot, riding yet again on the death trap that is G-Dragon’s bike. Dara had made sure to hug him tight on the waist enough to make him breath, yet enough to make her survive the whole ordeal. GD inwardly smiled at how secure Dara’s hold was.

He revved his bike and drove out of the mall, this time making sure to be a lot safer and cautious than when he drove earlier that day.

The wind was still blowing against their faces and the traffic was light making it easy to sip past cars around them. Dara slowly closed her eyes as the soothing wind blew her hair in every direction. He slowly leaned her head on G-Dragon’s back and inhaled the musky perfume that wafted through his shirt. It was manly and strong, but it soothed every inch of Dara’s being. She was so indulged in his manly scent that they had already come to a stop.

GD slowly looked over his shoulder to check on Dara and saw the small smile on her lips. It was satisfying knowing that he was the one who put that smile on her face for some reason and though as much as he wanted to stay like that, he better have Dara off the bike or else Bom will bombard him with verbal abuse.

“Dara.” He called out.

Dara stirred and looked up to meet his eyes. A forming grin spread across his face as his malicious thoughts started to run again. Realizing what she’s been doing, a blush made its way to her face as she scrambled out of the bike, tripping her foot in the process and scrapping her knee when she fell on the concrete.

GD almost had a mini-heart attack when she fell, but seeing that she was okay he laughed at her, masking the concern he felt. He pulled out the stand and got off his bike to try and help her up.

“You okay?” he asked, tugging on her hand.

Dara struggled to stand, but there was a searing pain in her knee that made it buckle and causing her to sit down again, least if it wasn’t for GD she would have.

GD was holding her up by the arm. His mask of deception crumbled when he saw that she was in pain. “What’s wrong?” He asked crouching in front of her to inspect her leg.

“My knee, it hurts.” She complained pointing towards her right knee.

GD scowled at the denim pants that covered her leg and slowly rolled it up. Dara fumbled through her hands to stop him from doing so.

“What are you doing?” She asked, her face red and embarrassed. Her hands were gripping on her pants so he won’t be able to go further up her leg.

He rolled his eyes and removed her hand. “I’m gonna check your knee. Don’t be stubborn and let me.”

She shook her head and slowly looked around the area. They were already in front of the apartment complex where Jiyong and Bom had lived in. Few people were walking past them, giving meaningful stares as they did.

He rolled his eyes and noted her self-consciousness of doing this in front of a crowd. He could care less about what other people thought of them. He was strikingly handsome (yes he knew that) and the girl in front of him was fairly attractive all the same. She didn’t need heavy make-up and 5 layers of foundation to look nice in every aspect.

He noticed how her eyes were looking anywhere but him, and the tinge of pink that colored her cheeks gave her away easily. A small smirk played on his lips as he bent down and scooped her off the ground despite the screams of protests she had made, earning more looks.

She kicked her legs in a futile attempt to get down but her knee was starting to scorch so she stopped.

“Now isn’t it better if you behaved?” A huge grin was forming on his face as he entered the building.

Dara folded her arms across her chest and scowled at him. She chose to ignore him and instead cast her eyes down on her folded arms as he got in the elevator.

“What floor?” He asked looking down on her.

She clamped shut and refused to tell him what floor Bom’s apartment was located unless he put him down. He rolled his eyes and pressed the button to his floor. Dara’s eyes widened realizing this and started struggling on his hold.

“What are you doing? Put me down!” She screamed kiciking her legs back and forth.

He by seemingly dropping her to the ground with his arms still holding her up. Her arms shot up to his neck as she clung on for dear life, not wanting to give herself a sore .

His laugh reverberated through the elevator, mocking her. She glared daggers at him but he brushed them off as wimpy stares as the doors to the elevator opened. He was about to step out when Dara groaned.

“Fine! Bom’s on the 4th floor.” She remarked removing her arms from his neck only to fold them on her chest again.

A wide grin stretched on his face as he closed the elevator and punched in the 4th floor. One thing Dara learned is that GD lived on the 6th floor so she’s could use that to her advantage some time.

They arrived on the fourth floor with Dara still on GD’s arms. She reluctantly pointed to where Bom’s door was locaed and he took her there, occasionally adjusting his hold on her. Dara blushed fervently finally realizing their close proximity just that moment when everything had gone silent and the echoes of GD’s footsteps bounced off the walls and back to them.

He kicked on Bom’s door with his foot when Dara pointed him there knowing knocking means dropping her.

They heard the lock click before the door had swung open revealing the frown on Bom’s face. “Why are you carrying her?” She asked cocking an eyebrow at G-Dragon.

He shrugged and let himself in. “She scrapped her knee, can’t walk properly.” He informed plopping Dara down on one of the couches in Bom’s luxurious apartment. He examined the place with a cocked eyebrow. Who would have thought a local nurse like her would indulge herself in this much luxury.

TOP’s head popped out of the kitchen door a piece of chicken sticking out of his mouth. He took the chicken out of his mouth and grinned when he saw his friend in the same place as him.

“What are you doing here hyung?” He asked as TOP walked over to him while Bom checked on Dara’s wound.

“Your apartment was locked so Bom accommodated me.” He remarked.

GD’s arched one eyebrow up. “What do you mean it was locked? You knew the code don’t you? Pus I gave you a copy of the– ”

He was cut off when TOP’s hand flew to his mouth to shut him up. GD watched his hyung through the narrow slits he made with his eyes. Did TOP just lie to Bom just so he could linger in her apartment? TOP just gave him a sheepish grin as he slowly removed his hand from GD’s mouth. GD on the other hand didn’t say anything, but continued to stare at him suspiciously nonetheless.

They were telecommunicating via stares, silence engulfing them when Bom’s voice broke the air, causing them to turn to the two girls on the couch.

“Dara why are you wearing this?” Bom asked taking notice of the clothes that were too big for her.

“You said to just take out anything from the closet, but your clothes weren’t my size.” She explained.

Bom’s face dropped in disbelief. “I meant the closet in the room I gave you. There are plenty of clothes there your size.”

Dara thought for a moment and remembered the clothes Bom gave Dara when she went out of the hospital, was in fact her size. When she rummaged through her closet when they arrived, she thought they were the same size because of that.

Hearing this, GD examined Bom suspiciously. It was weird how Bom would feel really close to Dara even if she’d only known her for two weeks. There was also the fact that the extra room in her apartment felt like it was really made for Dara and now she’s saying there are clothes Dara’s size in that room? Something was going on with Bom, but it was none of his business to pry… well for now that is.

“GD.” TOP called, using the abbreviation of his allias.

Whenever TOP does that, he knows that he’s addressing him as his leader and not as his friend.

GD snapped his head towards him and saw that TOP was reading a text on his phone. He punched in his reply before keeping his phone and looking up to meet their leader’s eyes as if saying “we need to go”.

GD understood and complied. He turned to Bom, who was treating the cut on Dara’s knee and said, “We gotta go now. Something came up at work.” He informed.

Bom nodded her head yes, her eyes fixed on Dara’s knee. Dara was the one who looked over the couch to meet them. “See you guys around.”

“Bom I’ll call.” TOP said before leaving the door.

Bom merely let out a small ‘hn’ to encourage him but Dara caught the glint in her eyes when he said that.

He was out the door before GD and waited for him. GD was staring at Dara on the couch, who was also staring back at him. It was like they were sending each other mental messages. Telecommunicating like TOP and GD had, only theirs was different. There was something off about it, but neither one of them could decipher it, only leading to confusion. He gave her one reassuring smile before closing the door to Bom’s apartment.

“I think you like him.” Bom remarked, when the automated lock clicked.

Dara stared at her in disbelief. “Don’t be absurd. We’re friends– I think.” She replied, her voice unsure. She set her thoughts straight and stared at Bom. “Besides I need him to get my memory back.”

Bom merely gazed on the wound that had already been treated. Dara knew there was something off, but she didn’t want to pry because the girl was doing her a favour by giving her a roof to live under and clothes to keep warm in.

The red-head stood up and waddled to the bathroom. “I’m gonna head to work in a few hours for night shift… again… ” She sighed, and Daara knew the girl didn’t want to leave, but had too. “I’m working extra hours the next two weeks so I probably won’t be home much. I’ll leave money on the coffee table every time I leave in case you want to go out– which I’m not really encouraging you to do without my supervision.” She paused in front of the bathroom door, her back facing her. “And Dara? Don’t open the door to strangers. Arasso? I’ll leave you a phone so I can contact you anytime.”

Bom went inside the bathroom and Dara stood from the couch. For a moment there Bom sounded like a mother. Where the hell did all that over-protectiveness come from all of a sudden? Could it be? Was Bom…

Dara shook her head to clear the thought. No way Bom was *gulp* interested in girls. After all she was showing glints of interest towards Seunghyun, so her being lesbian is out of the question.

Dara let out a heavy sigh before going inside the room Bom had provided her with. She walked over to the closet door (which were as big as double doors) and had swung it open, only to reveal an array and assortment of clothes that were made for her liking. There were also a row of shoes and bags placed in a rack just at the side of the hangers and a bunch of small drawers at the bottom. She pulled one dress out of the hanger and placed it in front of her before twirling to the full-body mirror behind the door of the closet. Was Bom prepared for her arrival all this time?

She checked the tag of the dress she held to check the size when she saw the label. It made her jaw drop all the way down to the floor. It was Armani! Serious hell, the dress she held was Armani!

She set it back on the rack and pulled out another dress. Versace!

Dara blanched and put that one back on the rack. She checked the shoes and bags, all making her head spin. Channel, Vivienne Westwood, Louis Vuitton, Hermes, Prada, just name it, it was there. And she knew if she opened the small drawers at the bottom of the closet, she would meet face to face with jewellery that were probably Channel, Tiffany’s or any other famous jewellery brand. The whole closet would probably reach 5 million won… maybe even more.

Dara’s knees buckled as she stumbled to sit at the edge of her bed. Bom has… expensive tastes in clothing. She can’t possibly let her wear all of this right? It was a little too much.

Before Dara could contemplate on how ‘accommodating’ Bom was, the said girl appeared on her bedroom’s doorway. Noting the open closet, she nodded her head knowingly. She was already wearing her uniform with her hair still let loose on her head. She was holding a band and comb indicating she was about to tie her hair in a bun.

“I supposed you found out considering how pale you look.” She said.

Dara stared at her in disbelief. “How could you just lend me things that are so… expensive?”

Bom shrugged. “It’s your taste.” She told her, before turning away. “Besides, it wasn’t my money.”

Dara could only hear an ample amount of what she said on the last line. She brushed it off as nothing and continued to stare at the paradise (which means her closet) of every fashion guru in Korea. Some girls could only dream of having this closet and yes, it might not be a walk-in closet, but the money you’d get from selling the items there could make you live for 5 years if spent wisely.

Dara sighed and layed on the bed choosing to let it go. “Bom who are you really?” The question lingered on her mind. Yes. Who was Bom really?

***

“A spy.”

GD and TOP stared at the woman pushed towards them. She wasn’t wearing much. Only short shorts and a bra… well of course they blame the inspection that was put on her after all. They could see the big tattoo of a dragon on her back. They were underground yet again with YG calling them to say that the Triad sent a spy to find out who GD really was. Unfortunately for the Chil Sung Pa, she did find out about the records.

GD cocked an eyebrow. “And so?”

YG chuckled and took out his gun. “She wanted to know who you were, so now that she does I can do this.” He pulled the trigger and shot the girl on the back of her head. The sound of the shot bounced off the walls of the room, causing them to hear that high pitched beep in their ears. Even if that was the case, none of them flinched.

GD moved his eyes away from the body in front of him and towards YG. “Is that it? You called us just so some the Triad sent could see me?”

YG returned his gun to the holster and sat down on one of the couch inside the underground office. He waved his hand to dismiss the guards around him each of them making their exit.

“I didn’t necessarily need him to be here.” He said pointing to TOP.

TOP rolled his eyes. “You sent the text to my phone.”

“Because I knew G-Dragon would ignore my text if I sent it to him.”

“Fine I’ll be outside.” He gave GD a heads up before going outside the vault room.

When the door clunk shot, GD cast his eyes down at the body and then back at YG. “Why was she sent to find out about me?” He asked his eyes icy cold.

“Word’s out that Yakuza is also hot on you. Triad got curious and sent her. Consider it again G-Dragon…” He trailed off standing up from his seat as he stared intently into GD’s eyes. “Join us.”

GD smirked. “You still have a few years before my father dies.”

He left then with YG still frustrated at the hard nutshell that is G-Dragon. The first star had been pestering him a lot these days and when he found out about the spy, he was enraged to the highest point that he actually killed half of his body guards. He even persisted on being the one to pull GD inside the Chil Sung Pa, but YG told him that G-Dragon trusted him on not telling the first star and him interfering now would lessen their chances of them laying their hands on those records. He calmed, but it was only a matter of time before he’ll snap yet again. Especially since recently, their local archenemy Ssang Yong Pa had started to rise from the underground when they found out about GD. It was . Felt like . An underground war was brewing and with the prize as G-Dragon.


Author's Note:

I didn't proof read this because when I did the first time, I erased half of the chapter and re-wrote it. I wasn't happy that's why the update was delayed. I hated how the chapter went *sigh* I just hope you guys will like it though, even if it's a little off and stupid. Keep reading! Leeteuk next chapter~!

Comment Replies:

charizarrrd ---> Probably... I mean have you peiced the puzzle together?

Loveless3 ---> Yeah she was supposed to and girl you are so hot with your guesses!

F-Lien ---> Hi new subscriber!

MYRAsaurus ---> Thanks for your support hun!

icegirl ---> I know right? I'll give a sneak for the next chapter... Dara will be in Jiyong's place

LittlePenguins ---> Nope Bommie is not part of the whole mafia thing~

jlovesd ---> Unnie! Sorry I delayed the update. I erased the first one

caliee ---> Nae... in chapter 8 or 9 probably