Chapter 2: San Dara

Blackout

Chapter 2:

"lost my identity, lost you"
Genre: Romance || Suspense || Drama || Tragedy || Mafia War || Friendship || Humor


It’s been exactly 2 months since GD and his gang raided the warehouse of SuJu. Exactly 2 months ever since Kim Taeyeon died by his very hands. It was already a distant memory, but the image still irked him to the very core of his being. He became unstable and the activities surrounding his gang started to diminish because of it. The guilt was consuming him alive and then he realized the ruthlessness of his involvement in a gang. Especially since the biggest mob in South Korea wanted his own gang to join in on them, specifically him.

He ran away from Busan to clear his mind off things and to escape from the big boss of Chil Sung Pa, who desperately wanted him to join.

He’s been in that gang for approximately 6 years now, 3 years of which he was the head, but now he was just simply confused.

This was his second time running away now. First running away from Seoul and away from his father and responsibilites; and now, running away from Busan and away from his sworn brothers. What else could he run away from now that he clearly had nowhere to go anymore?

GD drove his motorcycle through the light traffic in the highway of Daejeon. It was already 1AM in the morning yet there were still a number of cars in the busy streets of one of the biggest cities in Korea. He zigzagged through the vehicles around him driving his bike at exactly 80 kph on his way home from a club. It was dangerous but he loved the feeling of the wind against his hair. Yes, he wasn’t wearing his helmet, but he could care less.

He was already on the road up the way to his apartment building when he saw a car that had crashed on a street light. He would’ve drove pass it and let the good Samaritans approach it, but something inside his body compelled him to slow his motorcycle to a stop and check on the crash.

The damage was heavy.

The bumper was gone and the car’s front wrapped around the slanted pole. He couldn't find the plate number anywhere, thinking that it probably flew off into another direction due to the impact.

GD clicked his tongue at the disappointment of the broken down expensive car, because by the looks of it, the car was a Lexus LS600h L. He could sell it and survive 3 months without going to work and showing his face to the annoying people there, but his boss will raise hell if he didn't show up for that long period of time.

After checking the damage done, he walked around the crash and over to the driver’s seat. His eyes widened when he caught sight of a woman’s bloody head on the steering wheel. Had the airbag not gone off when she crashed?

He tried to pry open the car door, but it seemed to be locked on the inside.

He looked for something to break the window with, but found none. If he used his gun to shoot at the glass he might accidentally shoot the woman in there and he didn’t want that. She could probably still be alive, and killing her meant another tally for killing an innocent person of the opposite . His hands were already soiled enough with the blood of Leeteuk’s girl.

He looked around more and saw a worthy enough rock.

He picked it up to make sure it was heavy enough before smashing it on the window. To no avail, he didn’t even create a single crack or scratch.

“Stupid fibre glass.” He muttered dropping the useless object.

He glanced at the woman inside the car again and saw that the blood was dripping out of her head. If he doesn’t do anything soon, she might die of blood loss. That is, if she were still alive now.

“Ah this.” He cursed before taking his gun out to shoot the key lock. He wondered why he didn't think of that method in the first place.

Once he opened the door, he pulled the woman out of the driver’s seat and checked if she was still alive. He let out a sigh of relief when he found out that she was still breathing.

GD stared at her face covered with hair and decided to brush all the strands away for identification.

His eyes widened when he recognized the face of the woman that got stuck at the elevator with him 2 months ago. He searched his brain for her name, mentally cursing himself for not paying attention to her very well when she introduced herself.

She stirred in his arms and muttered something he couldn’t distinguish. This alerted him so he held her face up.

“Hey, uhm… ah… ”He stuttered still not remembering her name. This was the second time that he looked like a complete idiot with her. It was a good thing she was unconscious. “Dara!” He suddenly remembered.

She stirred yet again and said in a very low voice, “Ani…”

It was then he realized this was not the time to be celebrating for getting his memory back. He needed to take this girl to the hospital fast.

He carried her bridal style towards his bike and secured her in front of him. He drove fast, but a little more carefully this time around cautious not to do more damge to the fragile looking girl in front of him. It was times like these that he wished he should have at least brought his helmet with him.

The minute he got to the hospital he immediately carried her to the ER taking casual strides as if her life didn’t depend on it.

“What happened to her?” A nurse with cherry red hair and chubby cheeks had asked when she saw the bloody head of Dara.

“Car crash", was his simple answer.

“Place her on top on one of these beds and stay at the waiting area sir.” The nurse instructed directing GD to the room the nurse was referring to.

He nodded his head and let himself out of the ER, but instead of going to the waiting area just as the nurse had asked him to do, he went out of the hospital building and left her there. He’s sure that Dara’s family will come pick her up when she wakes up any way.

He hopped on his motorcycle and drove back to his apartment. He was tired already and according to his watch, it was already 1:43 in the morning. He had to go to work in exactly 8 hours and sleep was inevitable at this moment.

GD threw his keys on the coffee table and didn’t go to his bedroom like he always does. He went over to the couch and threw himself there without even taking off his shoes. Gaho– his pet dog trotted over to him and his hand before settling on the floor beside the sofa.

His eyelids slowly closed as he gave his dog a quick pat. Just as he was about to completely drift off to sleep the image of Dara’s bloody head flashed before him, snapping him awake. He jolted upright and ran a hand through his hair as he gathered his thoughts about the woman he encountered. Will she really be alright now that he brought her to the hospital? What was she doing here in Daejeon anyways?

Maybe he should just let her slide off his mind. She was not his responsibility after all.

He lowered himself back down on the sofa and finally let sleep take over his whole body.

***

“Here.”

Stacks of papers were dropped in front of him so he picked them up and scanned it. He cocked one of his eyebrows as he read the content and saw what they were.

He looked up to the man who gave him the scraps with a scowl on his face. “What am I gonna do with this?” He asked taking another look at the pictures of strikingly good-looking Koreans with a name and bio-data attached to it.

“Study them.” Yunho ordered, voice filled with authority.

He was not really required to study the trainees, but Yunho has been all up in his ever since the promotion he wanted seemed to have its eye set on GD. Or maybe that was just his stupid imagination because their boss had this fondness towards the new composer.

He stood up and shoved the pictures back to him. “I’m a composer, not a scout with an eye for talent, so don’t give me the that you deal with under this label.”

He grabbed his jacket and walked away from him.

“You’re still not done here.”

“I don’t give a .” GD replied slamming the door to his 'supposed' office, shut.

He walked towards the elevator with full authority as all the employees made way for him. They were all scared of the newest music composer of the record label. He was a snob, he didn’t interact with the staff, but he did make good music. He had only been working here for a month and a half, but the CEO already showed great interest towards him. Some even said that the fondness was not just about his talent in making good music. That part right there is true.

Yang Hyun Suk– the man behind one of the biggest talent-agency in Korea was the *third star of Chil Sung Pa– the number one mob in the whole of South Korea. He was just another symbol of power for the Seven Stars Family and the pattern of seven stars tattooed on his chest was proof enough that he was. And GD was on his way to his office in a very sour mood.

“What the hell is wrong with Yunho!?” He thrashed, the minute he slammed the doors to YG’s office open.

YG was indulged in a conversation with his secretary when GD broke it off.

“We’ll continue later.” He ordered dismissing the scared woman.

She nodded her head and went out of the room, trying her best not to meet G-Dragon’s wrathful eyes.

“Sit down and state what’s going on.” YG told him, calmly folding his hands on top of his desk.

GD didn’t take a seat and just stood there. “You took me in so that I could compose ty music for ty artists in exchange for hiding me from the first star.” He began, pointing out the fact that the Seven Star Family leader still wanted him in.

“But if that Yunho doesn’t get the off my I am gonna blow his head off senseless.” He continued pointing outside the door as if Yunho was standing out there.

YG just chuckled amusingly and stared at GD. “Such wrath released towards the third star is not really advisable, don’t you agree G-Dragon?”

GD just grimaced and turned his back towards YG. “Don’t throw me that crap talk. I know that you also want me inside Chil Sung Pa.” He stated before walking out of there.

YG just shook his head back and forth in an amused manner.

G-Dragon was right. He did want him inside the mob. That boy had power oozing from his whole being, what with being the heir to the Lee corps.

If the Seven Star mob finally had their hold on G-Dragon, they can manipulate him into accepting the responsibilities of being the heir and then use his power over the public to get whatever they wanted. Plus, they could use some of the property he owns to accommodate their allies like the Yakuza and Sicillian whenever they were trading businesses. He’d be the perfect candidate to replace Rovin in his place as the 7th star and maybe, if he would grow enough and climb his way to the top, he’ll be the 1st star. After all, he had all the potential and experience.

The possibilities were endless when Kwon Jiyong– son of Lee Bae and Kwon Chung Ae– will became one of the biggest mob in South Korea. That power and authority, all theirs to control and manipulate just to feed the greed and selfishness of corrupt criminals.

*ring*

Jiyong checked the name of the caller in his phone’s screen and scowled.

There was no name.

“What?” He barked.

“Jiyong? Finally you decided to pick up.” The woman on the other line remarked.

Realizing who the woman was, he pressed the end button and pocketed the phone before swinging his leg over the other side of his bike.

Being the persistent caller, the phone rang yet again. GD chose to ignore it and began driving his bike off the underground parking lot of YG building. He got annoyed with the constant vibrating of the small device in his pocket, so he fished it out and threw it away breaking the small device into tiny parts and pieces when it hit the cold pavement.

He was in no mood to talk to his sister right now, and he will be in no mood to talk to her ever. He even has no idea how she got a hold of his number in the first place. Throwing away his phone was the brightest idea yet because she will probably track him if he didn't, but he guessed it wouldn’t hurt a bit if he saw the cat-like face of his sister again. After all, it has already been 6 years since he did.

Thinking of his sister while zooming past the highway, another image of a woman flashed before his eyes. The image of Sandara.

He wondered how the girl was feeling right now ever since he brought her to the hospital 3 days ago. Maybe the hospital finally contacted her family and she was already laughing with happiness. Just like what happened in the accident something pulled him to stop by the hospital where he took her.

He parked his motorcycle right at the front and stared at the building for a long time first, battling with himself whether or not he should get off.

He’ll only check to see if she was already okay, nothing special about that. If her family happens to be there, he’ll just simply say he was the one who brought her to the hospital the day she crashed. Who knows, judging from the expensive car she drove the family might’ve been loaded and they might give him some sort of reward for saving her. Now that sparked his interest more and made him more eager for dropping by to visit.

“Can you give me the directions to San Dara’s room?” He asked the nurse behind the information counter.

She took one look at him before flashing a flirtatious smile. “You’re girlfriend?”

GD received the message she was conveying and smirked. “No, but that title is free.” He said leaning on the counter top.

The nurse giggled and started searching for the name in their patient directory while sneaking glances towards GD. He winked at her once when he caught her sneaking a look at him.

She giggled again and stopped glancing, concentrating more on looking for the name that the devilishly handsome hunk in front of her was looking for.

After a few minutes of going through the names in the computer, her face twisted quizzically.

“That’s odd…” She muttered before looking up to him. “We don’t have a patient under the name San Dara.”

GD’s eyebrows met in confusion. He was sure he took Dara to this hospital and he wasn't even drunk when he did.

“Are you sure? Why don’t you try checking again?”

The girl nodded her head and started to look for the name again. But still, nothing.

GD was confused as hell and was about to leave the station when he saw a head full of red hair coming towards his direction. He recognized her as the nurse who met him when he brought Dara to the ER. Who wouldn’t remember her? The girl had a chubby face and flaming red-hair.

“You’re that guy who brought in the female patient from the car crash.” She pointed out recognizing his face.

GD’s eyebrow arched. If he remembers correctly that ‘female patient’ had a name. “Yes. What about that ‘female patient’?”

“Follow me.” She instructed turning her back at him.

GD complied and followed the nurse towards one of the wards.

He hated hospital wards. The floor smelled of bleach and there were too many sick people in one place. He would have turned and walked away if it wasn’t for his curiosity pushing away his sanity.

The nurse pushed the doors to the ward open and led him directly to the bed at the end of the room. The curtains were down and covered the whole bed isolating the sole person from the other patients.

“Miss, you have a visitor.” The nurse said before opening the curtains, revealing a beautiful woman– head wrapped in bandage– sitting up on the bed. She was reading a book that the nurse provided while chewing a grape from the fruit bowl on her bed side at the same time.

“Who’s he Bom?” She asked the minute she laid eyes on GD. She closed the book that the nurse lent her and placed it on top of the bed-side table that the hospital provided.

“He was the one who brought you in.” Bom answered.

Dara nodded her head knowingly and turned her full attention to GD. “Then you must know who I am.”

“I must…” GD trailed off trying to digest the situation in front of him; processing what he had heard and experienced so far. Why wouldn’t the nurse know her name? Why wasn’t she recorded in the hospital’s list of in patients? Why didn’t her family know about her accident? And why did he just hear her imply about who she was?

He gazed at her face that looked really eager to hear his answer. And then... it hit him. Smack in the face like a heavy punch from Taeyang.

GD opened his mouth, but found himself closing it again. He turned away from Dara and faced the nurse beside him. “Did she loose her memory in the accident?” He asked, realization dawning up on him. Something inside of him hoped that what he was thinking wasn't true, but the questions told him otherwise.

“That’s exactly what happened.” Bom answered, concluding his theory.


Author's Note:

Too fast update? Sorry, it's just that this was already laid out. Chapter 4 is done and currently revising chapter 5 now.

So... Dara has amnesia and Jiyong still believes in the fact that her name is San Dara. Not Park Sandara. Aigoo, what will happen now?

Explaining the sole '*':

Third Star: okay remember when I said Chil Sung Pa has 7 founders? Well 5 are dead and 2 are in prison, but in this story the mob actually has 7 leaders. 1st star is the highest leader rank and 7th star the lowest. It's not really the system in Chil Sung Pa, but in this story it is. The rank are based off the years you spent inside the mob or technically your age. The 1st star is the oldest while the 7th star is the youngest and is about G-Dragon's age.

Comment Replies:

wgm_gdragon ---> LOL let's reel you in then

icegirl ---> looking forward to your next comment then ^_^

caliee ---> I hope I made you happy with this chapter, although I am not too satisfied

xxAiX009xx ---> I just had a hard time typing your username... LOL anyways, thank you for your love!

Loveless3 ---> Hello~~!! Thank you for subscribing dear