Chapter 6: Sheer Coincidence

Blackout

Chapter 6:

"when fate plays, there's no escape"
Genre: Romance || Suspense || Drama || Tragedy || Mafia War || Friendship || Humor


Dara walked around Bom’s apartment building. She had moved in an hour ago, but the minute she sat on the couch, Bom said she needed to go back to the hospital for night shift. She just told Dara to occupy the room, beside hers and that she should make herself at home. Surprisingly, the room Bom gave her was already furnished to her desires as if someone had already been living there.

She had been exploring her apartment when she saw a particular picture on the wall. It was that of two teenagers with their arms around each other. Dara recognized the other one as Bom and the one beside her looked awfully familiar. Before Dara could even analyse the picture properly, Bom jumped right in and stashed it away. After that she said Dara should just wait her to return so that she could help her settle because there weren’t anything to unpack at all. With nowhere to go and nothing much to do she just walked around the halls of her new home trying to familiarize herself.

Feeling bored with the floor she was exploring she had decided to step inside the elevator and go down to the lobby, maybe talk to the other occupants there and make friends.

She was so deep in her thought, that when the elevator opened she blankly stepped out, failing to notice the person in front of her. She bounced back inside the elevator due to the force the other person gave.

“Mian– ”

Her apology was cut off when she saw who she had bumped into. He was staring down at her, directly in those big brown eyes that seemed to read his soul like it was an open book.

“Jiyong?” She asked, recognizing the man.

He was staring at her in disbelief. As if she was a mirage and that when she reached out to touch her, she would disappear. He was in awe at how fate played with the both of them. What were the chances that he and the red-haired nurse lived on the same apartment? Well, he never did take notice of the buildings other occupants, so it was only understandable that he didn’t know. TOP would flip when he finds out. He just went to the hospital pretending he was there to visit a relative when in reality he’s spending more time on the nurse’s station whenever she was there.

“Oh you’re here.” He bluntly pointed out.

The elevator doors almost closed on them if he hadn’t held a hand out to stop it. He kept his hand there to keep it from closing while the two of them talked.

“You were going somewhere?” He asked.

“I was thinking of going out for a bit.” She replied, looking over his shoulder the doors that led outside.

Jiyong cocked an eyebrow and stared her down. Without another word he grabbed her arm and tugged her out of the elevator. The skin-to-skin contact made his heart race, but he brushed it off and pushed it at the back of his mind.

Dara’s eyes were wide as saucers. His sudden change of actions surprised her, making her freeze for a moment. “What are you doing?”

He dragged her towards the door of the building. “You know your way around Daejeon?” He questioned.

“I don’t know…” She replied looking down on the ground. True enough, she really didn’t know. She didn’t even plan to go outside the apartment building, but when she saw him, it was like this part of her screamed to tell him she was going out with the hopes of him accompanying her.

Jiyong scoffed and stopped walking, stopping in front of her. “You just got out of the hospital, yet you are gonna explore a city that you know nothing of?”

She looked up and met his eyes. They were cold, but somehow filled with worry. “I’ve been to Daejeon multiple times before! I think…”

“You think?”

She played with her fingers and looked at anything but his eyes.

Jiyong ran his hand through his hair and sighed. “You are so troublesome.”

“Yah, nobody told you to take care of me.” She remarked.

He smirked and cupped her chin, tilting her head up so she would look at him. “But you’d be lying if you said you don’t want to see me again.”

The heat rushed up to her face as she stared at him. Her heart rate started to kick up a notch and she felt like her knees were turning to jelly by just the mere piercing look his eyes gave her. She started to choke on her words and even though she wanted to cough them out so badly, they wouldn’t even croak out.

“W– Who– ” She cleared and composed herself, “Who said anything about lying?”

His smirk grew wider until it turned into a sly grin. He neared his face towards her, bridging the gap between them. The clerk behind the desk was looking at them and Dara was well aware of her presence, making her face turn even brighter than it already is.

He leaned pass her head and stopped beside her ear. Her heart rate was going crazy and she had the feeling that she was gonna pass out at any moment. She felt like the whole world stopped turning under her feet.

What was he gonna whisper? His breath was so heavy against her skin that it made the hair on her neck stand on end.

“Let’s go.” He said before pulling away and laughing at her dumbstruck expression.

Realizing what he just did, Dara scowled. “Yah! What’s so funny!?” She asked folding her arms on her chest.

“You’re funny” He teased.

“Oh so I look like a clown now?”

He looked at her from head to toe and noted the fact that her whole ensemble was a little too big for her. “Well, yes.” He smugly replied.

Dara looked down on her clothes and did notice that they were bigger than her size. It was then she remembered she was not Bom’s size. t made her feel self-conscious all of a sudden, especially since someone like G-Dragon told her she looked funny.

“Do I really?” She muttered loud enough for GD to hear.

She looked like a child in that state. The first time he met her, she looked professional with the way she talked and acted. Right now, she was like a little girl needing reassurance.

A little tug inside him made him feel guilty for teasing her. He wanted to make it up by doing something nice, but he remembered he’s not supposed to get too attached. Though he cannot help it, he wanted to spend more time with her and know who she really is before she herself, knows who she is.

A light bulb then popped above GD’s head. Without thinking, he draped his arm around her shoulder and guided her out of the building.

“Where are you taking me?” She asked, surprised with his attitude change.

GD looked ahead and didn’t turn his head to look down on her. Instead he just observed her with the corner of his eyes.

“Around Daejeon.” He answered, still not looking at her. “You think you’ve been here before right? Maybe some of the sights will trigger your memory.”

She puffed her cheeks out cutely and nodded her head. Maybe this big oaf is up to something after all. She was silent while he lead her towards a motorcycle and made her sit on it.

“What is this?” She asked feeling shaky all of a sudden.

“It’s a pony!” He said sarcastically with a hint of humor on his voice.

Dara swatted his shoulder playfully as he climbed in front of her. “I meant, why are we riding this?”

“Transportation.”

He handed her a helmet for safety, but she reluctantly refused it reasoning she wants to feel the wind in her hair. A smile tugged at his lips knowing that she was not different from him after all.

“All right, just make sure to hold tight because we’re gonna speed through Daejeon’s highways.” He was starting up the engine, so his voice was almost audible from its roar.

Dara gripped the back of his shirt, refusing to put her arms around his waist. She figured it would be less awkward if there were less contact between the two of thm.

He snickered at her shyness and drove off. At first, it was slow and easy, picking up speed with every meter they travelled; up until they ran too fast that with each turn the bike leaned with them.

Dara was holding on for dear life. She didn’t want to get involved in a car accident twice.

When GD made a quick turn, leaning the bike with them her arms immediately threw around his waist, gripping him and squeezing him for air. He would have complained if it wasn’t for the fact that he enjoyed the presence of the girl the life out of him. It was too priceless. Her expression; her hold; her constant whimpering. He wanted to see more of it.

“Jiiii-yooong!!!” She squealed through the roar of the bike, her hold tightening even more. He pretended not to hear her and just kept driving, speeding past cars on the way.

Seeing that it was no use, she buried her face on his back and squeezed tighter. She was silently saying all her prayers and keeping her eyes shut tight. She had to admit, the cold wind blowing on her hair felt wonderful, but the death sentence GD put her in was sheer torture.

Voices started to play in her mind because of the adrenaline. It was wierd because she doen't recognize the man's voice, but she knew the other one was her. There were no images though. Just voices playing in repeat.

“No! You cannot force me!” Her voice, had screamed.

The man's voice sounded angry and irritated. “You are going to marry me! You have no other choice!”

His tone was full of warning. It was terrifying to listen to and somehow Dara wished that it wasn't a fragment of her lost memories because... she can hear crying. Her crying... and someone being beaten up.

“Dara!”

Dara almost feel off the bike with the booming sound of G-Dragon’s voice. It snapped her out of her thoughts immediately.

“You can let go now, we’re here.” He said.

She was so caught up with the voices that she heard in her head that she was not able to fathom the fact that they already arrived at their destination. With the way he thinks, she would’ve guessed that he thought she was so caught up with being at a close proximity with him, thus making her fantasies run wild.

She let go of his waist and stumbled off the bike. It took all of her well-being not to kneel and kiss the ground, thanking the gods and goddesses for surviving such an ordeal like G-Dragon's ruthless driving.

He laughed as he got off the bike. “You were doing one of those things in soap operas right?” He joked.

She was awestruck, her thoughts fluttering away. “Mwo?”

“You know. In those cheesy drama’s where the girl snuggles on the guy’s back and she imagines them driving off into the sunset or through a rainbow.”

Her mentality dropped along with her brain. She was right. He did think that she was imagining things like that.

“Look at your face. You look like a deer in headlights.” He teased, reaching out to pinch her cheeks. He stopped, realizing what he just did. Since when did he start pinching cheeks just because he thought a girl was cute? He doesn’t even pinch the cheeks of little kids, so why hers?

Dara blushed and swatted his hand away. “Where did you take me?” She asked looking around the place. They were in a huge parking lot behind a big building.

He started to walk towards that building and towards the rear entrance.

“This is the mall.” He plainly replied.

“Why did you take me here?” She asked, catching up to him.

“You look like a clown remember? We’re gonna find you something decent to wear.” He said.

She frowned and stopped on her tracks. GD could no longer hear the footsteps behind him, so he stopped as well and looked back to her. “What are you doing?”

He noticed the frown on her face and he very much wanted to erase that and turn it into a smile. Frowns don’t suit her pretty face at all.

“If you told me we were shopping, I would have brought money.”

He approached her and grabbed her wrist. “Do you have money?”

She opened to say something, but only found herself closing them again.

“Exactly.”

He started to walk again, this time tugging her with him.

“Hospital bills were paid.” She said, hoping to give him the idea that she had money to pay for them, even though she didn’t know how the bills were paid. Bom had told her that she was not the one who paid for it after all. She did say that she was about too, but was surprised when she found out it was already fully paid.

He chuckled at that. “Do you know who paid for your bills?”

She kept quiet and just kept following him. He knew that even she doesn’t know who paid for the bills.

He just smirked remembering the talk he had with YG.

Flashback

“You want to what?” YG asked, his eyebrows cocked.

He had gone to him yesterday night when the building was closed. The older man was fuming when he stepped inside his office because he was absent for more than a week. He would’ve shot him with the gun he was polishing if the bullets were inside the magazine. GD knew that YG could not stay mad at him for long, so he brushed it aside and proceeded to ask him for the money he needed to pay for Sandara’s hospital bills.

“Give me 100 000 won.” He requested, telling him flat out what he wanted.

YG snickered and put the gun down. “What makes you think I will give you that much amount? If I do, how can you pay for it?”

GD smirked. “I can pay for it on the time I take the corps from my father.”

That was enough for YG to give him the money. He knew that YG would never say no to him if he brought the topic of taking the corps from his father. Though the thought irked him, he knew that he can frequently use it to blackmail the 3rd star of Chil Sung Pa.

End of Flashback

He sneaked into the hospital early the next day and paid the bills right before Dara was discharged. He knew she was gonna get discharged that day because he heard Bom telling Dara she was gonna pay her bills. He was frequently dropping by the hospital to visit her often and TOP would tag along with him. Even when Dara was already discharged, he knew that he need not take Bom’s number because TOP has it. He was thinking of asking TOP to text Bom and ask her where her apartment was so he could visit Dara, but him running into her earlier that day had made it easier for him.

“Let’s go in there.” He suggested pointing to a nearby shop.

“But that place… is expensive...” She muttered feeling unsure whether she should come with him or not.

He scoffed and just walked there leaving her with no choice but to follow.

After seeing the prices, he wished he had never suggested the boutique in the first place. He was short on funds due to the fact that he never withdrew from his bank because his father might trace him and also because YG was usually the one covering for his expenses.

He remembered entering boutiques like these before, but then it occurred to him that he was still under his father’s roof and when he bought something, he never looked at the price and just let the cashier swipe his credit card. He never thought of going inside shops like these ever since he ran away from his responsibilities. Now that he was living the simple life did he realize how over pricey clothes were. He looked around some more, but the prices just made his jaw drop even more.

Seeing his blanched face Dara placed a hand on his shoulder stopping him from going further. “Jiyong, I told you we should not have come here.”

He shook his head abruptly. “Ani, we’re gonna buy you something in here.” He persisted grabbing a random item from the rack and shoving it towards her.

Why won’t his mouth just shut it and follow her? It’s as if his body acted on its own accord to please her.

“Jiyong, it’s okay.” She reassured placing the item back on the rack.

“Is there a problem here?” One of the salesladies asked, interrupting them.

Dara turned to her and smiled. “No problem. We’re just gonna leave now.”

“No, we’re taking this.” He grabbed the item again from the rack and gave it to the lady, his yes glued to Dara. “Do you think it’s her size?” He asked staring Dara down. The poor girl almost cowered and hid in one of the racks, but instead stood her ground and stared back at him.

The saleslady held out the item GD gave her and twitched. “If she’s a cup C then maybe yes.”

GD and Dara broke off from their staring game and turned to the lady. “M-mwo?” They chorused. Their eyes shot to the item the lady was holding and what they saw made GD’s eyes pop out of their sockets and Dara feel like shrinking into a size of an ant.

GD looked around the section of the boutique they were in and realized that the lacy undergarments that hanged around proved enough that they were in the underwear section. He was too caught up about showing Dara he can be like any other guy that can buy her items that he never realized he put himself in an embarrassing location.

He turned to Dara and saw that her face was close to the color of a tomato. “Ah… then we’re just gonna leave it here then.” She took the bra from the saleslady and put it back on the rack.

GD was too embarrassed himself to retort about what she did. He didn’t even complain when he felt her push him out of the store.

“Jiyong, next time yougrab something off a rack, make sure you know what section of the store you’re in first, arasso?”

He felt the heat rush up to his face. He’d never felt so embarrassed in his whole life ever. Especially because of a girl.

She giggled, making him curious and look down on her. “Yah, what’s so funny?” He asked, his voice oozing with annoyance.

She giggled again and met his eyes. Brown to brown orbs staring at each other as if they could read their very souls.

“You are.” She answered letting out, yet another giggle.

She looked like a high school girl oogling over her crush and it just made her look so damn cute.

He felt his knees start to wobble by just the mere sight of her. All the blood rushed to his brain, making his head spin. The butterflies in his stomach fluttered again and he felt as though breakfast was gonna go the other way around. How could a mere girl make him– Kwon Jiyong– feel like a total looser?

He scoffed and looked away, feeling that if he stared at her longer his chest would burst in front of her. “I thought you were the clown here?” He asked, coating the embarrassment he felt towards her, with hostility.

She answered his little joke with a painful swat on the shoulder. “Shut it.” She grabbed his upper arm and dragged him towards the food court. “Since we’re probably coming out of this place empty handed, it doesn’t mean we’re gonna come out with an empty stomach.”

He smirked and let out a heavy sigh. “All right. Where do you want to eat?” He asked looking around the mall for a place to eat.

“You can’t take out your wallet though.” She warned.

He scowled at her. “Then how do you expect the both of us to leave this place with a full stomach?”

She smirked and held out two fingers. “Two words Jiyong.” She began.

His eyes focused on her lips when she started to move them. It moved so fluidly that he was tempted to taste it. He wondered how they would feel against his own lips. He was so absorbed with her lips that what she said became a blur.

“Jiyong!”

She pulled him out of his thoughts and brought him back to reality.

“What!?” He accidentally snapped. Then he realized he shouldn’t have done that because he was the one at fault for being distracted with . He thought she would have been upset, but the curve on her lips told him otherwise. Had she noticed where his eyes were staring at?

She grinned at him acting oblivious to his guilty pleasure. “Free samples.” She repeated, this time in a more cheerful voice.

His face shattered and twitched. “Free… Samples?”

Dara chuckled and walked ahead, leading the way. “Let’s just go. I’m sure there are a lot of free food samples around here.”

He chuckled and shook his head amusingly as she started to look for the said, “free samples”.

 “So where to?” He asked.

She pointed from one food sample cart to another. Luckily, they stumbled upon a cook off that really gave out pleasing “food samples”. Surprisingly, she criticized each dish expertly like how a professional should. It was a little off, but it was something new about her that interested him.

“Aisht, this girl.” He muttered as she was giving advice to a chef. He doesn’t know why, but he thinks that she’s something. Not just something like your average girl, but his something wherein she was special in his eyes. Making it wierd for him.

*ring*

He took his phone out and checked the caller ID. It was an unknown number. Thinking it was his sister; he pressed the end button and stuffed it back into his pocket.

After a few more seconds his phone rang again and he swore if it was the same number he would have destroyed his phone for the second time. Luckily it was just TOP.

“Hyung.” He answered.

“Where the hell did you take Dara!?” The voice on the other line screeched, making his head jerk away from the receiver.


Author's Note:

Like I said, DaraGon all the way right? So who do you guys think was the one who shrieked on the phone? And what do you think is Bom's relation towards Dara? Why do you think is she lying to her if she did have some sort of connection? Well, you just have to wait for the next updates to find out for yourself, but it doesn't hurt to guess.

Okay! Now that chapter 6 is out, I need to finish typing Chapter 16 of my other story and update the ChangSoo fic I'm writing.

Comment Replies:

isuperman ---> Bom has a reason for hiding it from Dara, and no Dara is not involved in the mafia shiz that's going on... yet

icegirl ---> Dara's not connected to any gangs (except one, but will not reveal what, how and why). Speaking of Leeteuk, his appearance is getting near.

Loveless3 ---> Yes he cannot. He is drawn to her for some unknown reason.

caliee ---> Let's clap for DaraGon! LOL

kiwi1017 ---> Aw thank you so much dear ^_^