Chapter 3: Sequel

Blackout

Chapter 3:

"no attachments needed"
Genre: Romance || Suspense || Drama || Tragedy || Mafia War || Friendship || Humor


Re-cap on G-Dragon’s part; so after unintentionally killing innocent Kim Taeyeon he ran away from Busan to clear his mind, but the 1st star of Chil Sung Pa is hot on his trail determined to let him inside their ‘family’. He seeks the help of Yang Hyun Suk– the 3rd star of Chil Sung Pa– and worked under his roof with the thought of him not turning him over to the 1st star.

On his way home one night he came across a silver Lexus badly crashed on a street light. He checked the damage and pulled out the woman inside it and found out that it was San Dara– the woman he got stuck with on the elevator the day he killed Taeyeon.He brought her to the hospital and didn’t visit until after 3 days. When he did decide to come check up on her the nurse at the station said her name wasn’t encoded on the in-patients’ list.

The nurse who met him when he brought Dara to the hospital recognized him and took him to the ward where the said “female patient” was. There he found out that San Dara, had amnesia and that she had no total idea of who she was and where she came from.

“That’s exactly what happened…”

The nurse’s voice rang on his head like the echo of the liberty bell. He couldn’t shake it off nor can he shut it out of his system. It made the whole world around him grow while he shrank into a size small enough for anyone to step on him.

“What’s your name?” Dara questioned breaking his train of thoughts.

He snapped his head towards her and stared at her confused eyes. He rubbed his face really hard trying to think of a way to escape the situation. What did he just get himself in? If only he just let her be inside the hospital. He could be in his apartment right now getting ready to go visit the underground club of Seven Stars.

“Can you leave us for a while?” He asked of Bom.

Bom nodded her head yes and left the two of them alone.

GD looked around the ward, checking the other patients and their visitors before pulling out the chair– that was right beside Dara’s bed– to face her. He closed the curtain around them and sat down on the chair as he came up with an introduction.

Dara was about to open to say something when GD cut her off.

“Your name is San Dara and you and I have no relation with each other. I met you two-months ago in Busan and never heard from you ever again, yet 3 days ago I found you inside a new Lexus with a bloody head.” He explained coherently, the words just pouring out of his mouth. He had never talked that much in his life ever since he and his father argued about his responsibilities as the heir when he was still 17.

He hoped hearing her name would at least ring a bell to her and would give him the chance to just leave already, but the way her eyebrows met told him otherwise.

“So I was from Busan?” She asked, her head tilting in confusion.

He didn’t answer. Instead he just stared at her blankly not knowing the real answer to the question himself.

“Why aren’t you answering?”

She was frustrated and getting impatient already.

“I don’t know and I’m not going to waste my time here.” He finally said before getting up from the chair, its metal legs creating a screech sound on the tiled floor.

Before he could even stand straight Dara’s hand shot towards his wrist stopping him.

“I’m not letting you go until you give me my answers.” She told him, her voice flat and serious.

He glared at her, but she didn’t flinch. She just fixed her eyes on his; waiting for him to provide the information she wanted.

“I don’t have your answers and I’m not the right man to look for them.”

He shook her hand off and pulled the curtain out of his way.

“Wait!” She exclaimed, stopping him yet again.

He froze, but he didn’t turn back to face her.

“What’s your name?”

“G-Dragon.” He replied and finally started to walk.

Before he could go out of the ward he heard Dara shout, “Will you come back tomorrow!?” earning a few scowls from the other patients who wanted to rest, but he already shut the door close pretending he didn't hear her.

He doesn’t know if he’ll come back tomorrow. He thought it better if he just told the nurse what he knew about her and maybe the hospital can find a way to contact her family.

He looked for the nurse that brought him to Dara and told her about her name and where she could possibly live in. After doing that, he immediately left the hospital and went straight home to his dog Gaho.

The dog ran up to him when he entered his door and wagged his tail to welcome his master, so he bent down to pet the dog.

“Hey Gaho.” He greeted.

GD walked to the sofa and plopped himself down feeling worn out from what the day had thrown towards him.

“Will you come back tomorrow!?”

Her voice repeated into his mind. He threw his head back and covered his eyes with his right arm, buried in deep thought. That girl was a big handful and he did not plan to add her to the weight of his many burdens. She would only slow him down if he decides to take responsibility for her own recklessness of crashing her expensive car on the street light.

That’s right. The best thing to do for now is forget about her and go on with his own messy life.

***

Dara watched as Bom– the nurse who had been taking care of her– checked on her vital statistics for the nth time this week. It’s already been 5 days since she found out who she was yet the person who gave her, her identity had never even bothered to show his face to her.

“Bom has…” Dara began.

Bom looked up from the clipboard she was holding and smiled at her softly. “I’m sorry Dara-sshi, but he still hasn’t set foot on this hospital since the last time he came to visit.”

Dara mouthed an “oh” before picking up the book from the bed-side table and opening to read it.

Bom put down the clipboard on the foot of her bed and put both her arms on her waist. “You know that guy is a jerk, just forget about him Dara.”

Dara sighed. “I would, but he’s the only one who knows me right now. As far as I’m concerned, I need him.” She stated matter-of-factly her eyes not leaving the book she was reading.

“I already had someone search for your identity, but so far the detective I hired found no record of San Dara in Busan, that was actually your face.” Bom informed, her eyes flickering to the book that Dara was reading since 6 days ago. “Maybe he doesn’t really know much about you?”

Before Dara could answer back Bom cut her off pointing out the book she was holding. “You know you’ve finished that book 3 days ago.”

Dara turned over the book to look at the cover. “I know, I’m reading it again.”

Bom chuckled and shook her head. “Do you want the sequel?” She asked sitting beside Dara on the bed.

“I’ll finish this again, and then I’ll tell you when I need the next one.” She replied.

Bom nodded her head and went down from the bed. She gathered her things and was about to leave when Dara stopped her.

“What is it?”

Dara took hold of Bom’s hand and talked. “Thank you Bom. If I really owned the Lexus I crashed then it means I probably have enough money to cover for the ones you used for the search of my records.”

Bom smiled at her warmly and squeezed her hand. “I’m really okay with it Dara. At least now I know where I can spend all the money I earned to something that’s actually worth. Do you have any idea the useless clothes I buy with my pay?” She chuckled and slid her hand off of Dara’s hold and gave it a light pat.

“I need to go now if I don’t want the head nurse to be all up in my tushi.”

“I’ll see you later Bom.”

Bom was about to leave when someone who just entered the ward made her stop from continuing. Her face contorted to that of anger as she stomped over to none other than G-Dragon himself.

“What are you doing here?” She asked her eyes flaring.

She looked over her shoulder towards where Dara was and to her relief, she still hadn’t noticed the man who just came in.

GD arched an eyebrow and stared Bom down. “I’m here to visit my patient, is anything wrong with that?”

“You’re ticket to visit her expired five days ago. She’s already peaceful as it is and I already had someone search for her records so you’re no longer needed.”

Her voice was cold and flat giving GD the idea that he was not welcome to visit Dara anymore.

“I was the one who brought her in so I can visit her anytime I wanted.” He snapped brushing past Bom.

She was about to stop him when her beeper went off receiving another task from the head nurse.

In reality, GD never did want to return to the hospital at all. He was finally living his messy life peacefully when her face popped in his mind 3 days ago when he passed by a bookstore. There he saw the book she was reading when he first came to visit her. It was taunting him in that bookshelf and for some unknown reason he bought the sequel to it.

For two-days straight he just stared at the book mindlessly as it sat there on top of his coffee table inside his apartment. It irked him that such a simple object could affect his ego so much without even doing anything.

Finally after going home from work and meeting that book yet again, he grabbed it from its place and stomped out of his apartment with the keys to his motorcycle. The next thing he knew he was already in front of the hospital ward’s door.

“Hey”, was the only thing that came out of his mouth when he finally reached Dara.

Dara looked up from the book. She wasn’t very happy to be in his presence, but she was not upset that he came either.

“You finally decided to show up?” She asked in a taunting manner.

GD noted the absence of the bandages on her head and was replaced by gauze taped to one corner of her forehead where the wound was probably located.

“Uh yeah… here.”

He casually threw the book in her lap and sat on the chair at the end of her bed.

“Don’t you have a life?” She questioned as she picked up the book that he rudely threw on her lap and examined it. Turns out Bom didn’t need to lend her the sequel of the one she was currently reading then.

‘My life is practically gone’, he wanted to answer. But he knew better than to ask pity from a woman like her, who also needed the pity of others.

“It’s my day-off so deal with my presence.” He remarked.

In reality GD wasn’t on a day off. He skipped work today to visit her and give her the book, but he was not just about to tell her that. The last thing he needed was a girl thinking she had a special place in his life that he actually cared enough to skip work just to see her. He only went to see her because he wanted to get rid of the annoying book that made him lose 500 won from his account.

Dara placed a smile on her lips and set the book GD gave on the bed-side table.

“I guess you’re better than no company at all.” She remarked.

He crossed his legs and placed both his hands behind his head as he stretched. “What about the other sick bastards around here? And you and that red-headed loud mouth nurse seem to get along pretty well.”

“These bastards,” she pointed to the patients around her, “are people. And that loud-mouth nurse,” she pointed to the door where Bom had exited moments ago, “has a name and it’s Bom.”

GD scoffed. “Well, you have them to keep you company, so why ask for me.”

Dara narrowed her eyes into tiny slits and soon enough the book that she placed at the table beside her came flying towards GD and hit him smack in the chest.

“What the hell was that for!?” He thrashed picking the book up from the floor.

“You’re free to leave now if you want to.” She snapped pointing to the door at the other side of the room. The other patients were looking their way, a little annoyed with the ruckus they had caused.

“Well I don’t want to leave.” He retorted placing the book back in its place on the table.

This girl was starting to annoy him already.

“Then stop trying to get on my last nerve!”

She crossed her arms with a huff and snapped her head to her right. “I don’t even know your name.” She mumbled.

“I already told you, it’s G-Dragon.”

He went back to his seat and sat back down.

She scowled at him and picked a grape from the provided fruit bowl and threw it at him. This time, GD knew her motive and was able to catch the grape between his thumb and index finger.

“I want a name, not username.” She scowled.

GD popped the grape in his mouth and let out a simple “hn” to answer her dilemma.

She rolled her eyes and lay down on the hospital bed a little too abruptly, covering herself with the sheets. “You are the worst.” She mumbled, her voice a little low.

He chuckled to himself as he watched Dara’s reaction. She was something else, this woman. He’s not even sure if she was already like that before she had amnesia or if it was just her brain screwing with her. Come to think of it, he needed to ask the doctor who diagnosed her with amnesia to find out how long her memory loss will last. These kinds of things usually happen for a period of time. The question was how long?

“Yah, Dara, who’s the doctor that checks up on you?” He asked.

There was no motion under the sheets. Was she mad?

“Yah.”

He stood up from the seat and pulled down the covers. “I asked you– ” He stopped mid-sentence when he saw that her eyes were closed shut. At first he thought she was just playing games but when he tried to shake her to wake her up she won’t move.

“Dara, stop playing around.” He said kicking the leg of her bed a few times in an attempt to wake her up. Still, nothing.

“She probably fainted.”

GD snapped her head to the bed beside Dara’s. The patient there was the one who told her about what happened to Dara.

“How do you know?” GD asked glancing at Dara.

“She usually faints when she’s stressed or when she suddenly switches actions abruptly. I heard the doctor said it was because her head was still strained from the accident.”

GD let out a frustrated sigh before asking, “Do you happen to know her doctor?”

“Noh Hyeyoung-sshi is usually the one who– ”

The patient didn’t even finish. GD was already at the door on his way to look for the said doctor.

He went to the nurse’s station first and almost slammed his body at the counter when he arrived. “Where’s Dr. Sean Hyeyoung?”


Author's Note:

Last fast update of this story! I have to go to the country-side for the whole week, so no internet there. BOOHOO. But as soon as I get hold of internet I will imediately update. 'Till then, thanks for reading!

No comment replies at the moment... hand hurts too much from typing.

you, I love you!!

Oh and additional info!!

Noh Hyeyoung is actually actress Jung Hye Young under YG ent. She's actually married to Sean Noh AKA Noh Seung Hwan, a member of the duo Jinusean. And guess what? He's also under YG ent! They have three kids, one girl and two boys. Which is really wierd because I thought there was a no dating policy? TSK.

There's YG married to an actress under their ent, then there's Se7en and Hanbyul, and then I found out about this while I was looking for characters. So there's a chance for our DaraGon? *wiggles eyebrows* but that also means there could be TabiSan or DaraYang or SkyDragon... oh well, let's just be happy for now.