Chapter 1: Silver and Black Firearms

Blackout
Chapter 1:
 
xxxx
" the road you take always has an end"
Genre: Romance || Suspense || Drama || Tragedy || Mafia War || Friendship || Humor

Kwon Jiyong, better known as G-Dragon, hastily quickened his steps before the elevator door could close up on him. He outstretched his hand and shoved it inside to stop the doors from closing. The metal doors didn’t meet and opened again letting him step inside.

He found he was not alone inside the cube. A woman about a few years older than him also stood there with her arms crossed on her chest. The way her eyebrows met up in the middle and the way her eyes seemed distant gave him the idea that she was in deep thought.

She was one fine girl, GD had thought. She wasn’t like the girls he would see in the clubs who tend to overdress themselves and wear too much make-up. Those were the type of girls that would easily agree to sleep on his bed. Her? She was only wearing a simple white button-up polo and black leggings. Her hair was down and framed her naturally beautiful face with no make-up.

In a matter of seconds GD realized that he had been staring at her for quite some time already. Fortunately, she was too caught up with her thoughts to even notice his presence.

He turned his head away and looked up to the screen of the digital floor counter on top of the metal doors. He was on the way to the 30th floor of the building to meet a friend and an ally at the same time.

They were already on the 21st floor when the metal box suddenly stopped moving and the lights inside it died down making it completely pitch black.

GD looked up to the floor counter and could no longer see it functioning.

“A blackout?” He asked himself.

It was rare for a city like Busan to get blackouts. In fact, any city in South Korea barely gets blackouts, so why now?

As if to answer his unvoiced out question, the radio transmitter inside the cube went on. A raspy voice of a man rang through the close space between him and the woman.

“If anyone is in the elevator please stay put for we are experiencing technical difficulties due to the minor power shortage. We’ll get the elevator working again in a few minutes. The building head is very sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you.”

GD took out his phone from his pocket to check the time. He had to meet Teddy right now because he still needed to go somewhere else. This malfunction is eating up away his precious time. Add to the worst, his phone had no signal bars so he can’t inform Teddy about his current situation.

He let out an exasperated sigh and stuffed his phone back in his pocket. It was then he remembered the woman with him inside the elevator.

He turned to face her, but to no effort could only see the outline of her frame in the dark. She was unusually stiff right in her place.

He didn’t want to associate with her in anyway and just let silence bathe them as the seconds ticked away.

5 minutes went by of awkward silence and the elevator was still not moving.

“How long are we gonna be stuck here?” She asked breaking the silence between them.

Her voice was a little shaky, getting his attention. Again, he turned to face her and saw that she already had her back against the wall, hugging her body, and even though he couldn’t see her face in the dark, he could sense that she was scared.

Was this girl claustrophobic?

He checked his phone again; still no bars.

“I don’t know.” He replied to her earlier question. “Are you okay?” He asked.

Okay? She hated closed spaces, but this? She loathed this. She was inside a small box in complete darkness, so she was beyond okay.

He reached out a hand to touch her arm to try and calm her down.

She slightly flinched at his touch, but the warmth his hand emitted was comforting. At least, she wasn’t alone.

GD became silent as he tried to make up the words he wanted to say. He was never good with the ‘comforting a girl’ thing. All he ever did was stare at them until they were finally better or simply walk-out with no word uttered. But right now, he can’t just simply walk out of a broken elevator or just stare at her because she can’t even see her very clearly. At least she wasn’t crying. Water works would just make it harder for him to come up with something.

“Uh…” He began, looking like a complete idiot. “The technical engineers are probably working on it already, so don’t worry about it”, was the best thing he could muster up. He was pathetic at these sorts of things. He might be the G-Dragon– the almighty leader of the most notorious street gang here in Busan, but when it comes to girls, his mind goes blank. This is the reason why he never takes them seriously, which caused a lot of broken hearts. The only girls he ever did take seriously were his mother and younger sister. Apart from them, it was only ‘have fun and leave them when you’re already bored.’

Another round of silence engulfed them. It wasn’t helping that they couldn’t see each other in the dark too.

Her breathing was getting heavy and ragged, so he started to panic. He doesn’t want her to faint here. That would only make the situation worse than it already is.

Just then the lights and the elevator started moving again. He sighed and dropped his hand from her arm and just stood there with her.

She finally relaxed her muscles and then turned to him, her arms still hugging her body.

“I’m Sandara.” She introduced.

GD stared at her wondering why she just gave out her name to a complete stranger. For all she knows, he could be a , but she still told him her name non-chalantly. Maybe it was due to the ‘attempt’ comfort he offered when she was as stiff as a log.

Thinking her last name was ‘San’ and first name ‘Dara’ he nodded his head and said, “Nice to meet you Dara.”

She opened to tell him something when the elevator dinged and opened its metal doors.

She shot her head up to the floor counter before turning to him. “This is my floor.”

He stared at the open doors of the elevator and replied non-chalantly, “Yeah sure.”

A look of disappointment was evident on her face when she stepped out of the box.

He stared at her back when the doors to the elevator closed and he realized he should have at least told her his name. Maybe that was the reason why she had a frown on her face when she stepped out.

What was the point though? They’ll probably never see each other again so it didn’t matter one bit.

He shook away all thoughts of Sandara and proceeded to his own designated floor, going directly to the oak door at the very end of the hall.

The hallway was empty and isolated with his footsteps being the only sound bouncing from the walls. He didn’t bother to knock on the door and just let himself in with no further warning.

The man inside greeted him by pointing a gun at his direction. He was sitting behind his desk in the middle of the square room. It was practically empty save from the desk, the visitor chair and the row of vaults standing behind him.

“You better lower that if you don’t want me to use that to blow your head off.” He warned.

Teddy chuckled satirically and lowered his gun down on the desk he was behind in.

“Show a little respect GD.”

GD rolled his eyes and took the seat provided in front of his desk. “What do you have for me ‘hyung’?” He asked, emphasizing the ‘hyung’ to prove his so-called ‘respect’.

“A little hostile today aren’t we G-Dragon?” He chuckled yet again and stood up from his seat. He went towards one of the many vaults as GD followed his every move with his wary eyes.

He punched in the code for the vault and took out two double barreled *Colt m1911. One was silver and the other was black.

He sat back down on his chair and placed the two firearms in front of GD before folding his hands on top of the desk.

“950 000 won each.” He said with a smug grin on his face.

“You can’t cut that price in half?” He asked taking the white one in his hand.

“Tell you what. I’ll sell you the two guns for only 20 000 won, if you do me a favour.”

GD lowered the gun from his face to stare at Teddy. “What is it?”

Teddy’s grin grew wider, baring all his teeth at GD. “There were a few members of SuJu who broke into my apartment last week. I found that a whole bag of heroine was stolen from my stash–”

“Obsessive geek.” GD cut off at the same time he got up from his seat and grabbed the two-guns from the desk. He immediately stuffed them inside the two empty holsters under his shirt and walked out of the room.

He slammed the door shut and took out his phone from his pocket to call someone while brisk-walking to the elevator.

“What is it?” The voice from the other line asked.

“TOP, round off the boys, we’re going to pay SuJu’s warehouse a visit tonight.” He commanded.

“Arasso.”

The call ended and GD was already inside the elevator. He pushed the button that would lead him to the basement parking lot where his motorcycle would be located.

This was his life. It was dangerous and illegal, but he chose to live it. His gang was the best amongst the other gangs and the *Chil Sung Pa recruiting them was proof enough that they were. And he was the one leading it.

“Ready on your signal GD.” Taeyang said gripping the gun on his hand.

“Now.”

Seungri and Daesung broke down the door and the rain of bullets finally started.

It was getting noisy inside the place. The sound of guns being fired everywhere made their ears go deaf, but each and every single one of them inside that warehouse were already used to the deafening sounds of gun shots.

Half of SuJu’s gang were already lying on the floor lifeless while GD’s only 1/4th of GD’s gang was lost. He had the gang member, Leeteuk cornered while his top 4 accomplices fought off some other members of SuJu.

“Doing someone a favour G-Dragon?” Leeteuk scoffed. He knew that BIGBANG would never get their hands dirty unless someone pays them to do so, or if someone gave them something priceless for dirty work.

“You are smart.” GD replied his voice dripping with insult. “Let me just take this shot with this new m1911 then we’ll call it even.”

He brought the arm that was holding the silver colt m1911 up and aimed for the SuJu leader’s shoulder.

“So Teddy Park sent you. Let me guess, he gave you that shiny gun so you’d shoot me with it for making my boys steal his heroine last week huh?”

GD just chuckled and pulled the trigger.

“No!” A shrill voice shouted from nowhere.

BANG!

Everything happened in a blur. The bullet was supposed to be buried inside Leeteuk’s shoulder, but instead of SuJu’s leader standing in his place, there was a girl with the skin of porcelain and a face that of a doll. Blood started to trail from and down to her chin until it completely dripped on the cold floor of the warehouse.

The expression on Leeteuk’s face was frozen. He was shocked out of his wits when the girl dropped to the floor clutching her wound. She was shorter than Leeteuk so when she took the bullet it went directly to her chest when she pushed him aside.

“Taeyeon!” Leeteuk screamed in a horrified voice as he scampered over to her and cradled her limp body.

She gave one last smile before closing her eyes in the deepest slumber known to man.

GD had never seen SuJu’s leader act like that before; so frail and vulnerable. His whole frame was shaking as he held the now lifeless body tightly in his arms.

GD cannot do anything more but stare and fathom the scene in front of him. He never intended to kill an innocent girl before. He knew that she was Leeteuk’s girlfriend and that she had nothing to do with the gangs and its businesses. In fact GD was surprised she was even here in SuJu’s warehouse.

“GD let’s go.” TOP called out when he witnessed the event.

GD didn’t budge. He was still looking down at Leeteuk who was still agonizing over the death of the most important woman in the world to him.

“Jiyong, let’s go.” He called out again this time using his real name so that he’ll know that TOP was getting serious. Seeing that their leader didn’t budge, he went over to him and pulled him away from the scene.

BIGBANG walked out of the warehouse with a few scratches and bruises that would probably add more scars to their collection.

GD on the other hand had walked out with a far greater scar than any of his gang members.

Yes, this was definitely his life. He was the one who chose this road so he had to walk it until he reaches the end.


Author's Note:

Thanks for reading chapter 1! I hope you had enjoyed it. Sorry for the lack of action sequence, but this whole chapter was made to set-up the whole setting of the story itself. To be honest this chapter could be a one-shot!

To those who'd seen this '*' in the story, here are your answers:

Colt m1911:  It is a semi-automatic weapon with a seven round magazine plus one in the chamber and an effective range of 50 meters. The two m1911 I used for the cover is a double-barreled model of the gun.

Chil Sung Pa:  To those who haven't read my story Played by Fate, the Chil Sung Pa is the number one gang/mob in South Korea. They function like the Japanese Yakuza and their crimes are not publicly released. It literally means 'Seven Star Mob' and  was originated from the seven founders. Their mob tattoo is a pattern of seven stars on their chest.