Breathing Room

Intertwined

 (P.O.V Sudae)

“We will deal with the press. It doesn’t mean you have to leave…” says Sandeul trying to catch my gaze which is fixed at the cement. My mouth forms to reply to him but all that comes out is a puff of air from my dry lips. I reach for my crutches and my hand wavers across the cold pavement. With a sigh Sandeul grabs my arm and hangs it around his neck as he gently pats away the dirt off of me. He bends down to pick up my things, including brother’s bracelet… In hushed tones I unconsciously let an “Oh no…”

Sandeul’s face turns to mine as I snatch away the bracelet. Is he there? I rummage through my pocket and dial.“... Hakkun Oppa?” “Left of the garage gate,” a beeping sound bounces of the walls, “I’ll need to wrap things up here. I’m hanging up now.” I didn’t think he’d come back so soon. The elevator dings and soon after Gongchan is dashing out. “Sudae I-” my brows curl as I look at him choke on his words. “I should, go.” I strain a smile and head for the car.

     After I strap myself in, a Katalk message lights my screen. “When will I see you again?” What should I say, should I even answer? Vauguety is something to aim for but being that if it’s him… I turn around only to see oppa walking in from the side blocking my view from the two who I can make out to be arguing as it seems. The driver side door opens, “Oppa, are any of those pictures going to be printed?” He sits down with a thud and straightens his coat as his face stiffens. “I told you to stay out of the media.” He starts the engine. “I’ll drive you to a bus stop near your apartment. Where’s the nearest one?” I gesture as we drive along  without saying a word till I step out of the car. “I know how much you crave a story, but just make it so none of those photos hits the newsstands okay?” He stares at me blankly. “Close the door.” Kuu… Of course.

~~~

     “Although you’ve gotten your cast off, don't be too reckless now." I laugh and reassure the doctor before leaving. As I walk by the glass windows some workers are removing what's left of the news posters. Watching them tear CNU's face in half made me flinch. "Well that's a bit harsh." said a man standing a few feet away from me. I nod. "How do you think that girl is doing? You don't think she has gotten harassed at all do you?" he asked concernedly. "No... Their fans are pretty understanding and can see that they were only helping a fellow Bana. Oh sorry, " I begin to turn towards him," that's what they call their- CNU!" "Now that doesn't sound right does it."

He laughs giving me a hug. He sure does blend in without his glasses. He escorts me out and we end up going to a small town that's nearly over populated. In such a big crowd people could get easily mistaken. He pulls out a piece of folded paper and shyly hands it towards me. Ahhh... My hospital bill. They wanted me to pay it back, of course TAT. "I'll get the money to you guys as soon as I can..." he vigorously waves his hands, "A-aniya aniya!! Look here." He unfolds the paper and points towards the date that indicated my next appointment; the one I had today. “The others were awkwards to walk in to the guest room but I had figured you must have left things.” That’s kind of him but one thing crosses my mind, “CNU-ssi, how come you came alone?” Not that I’m not grateful to him for showing up at all but, I just regret how we all ended. I just wanted to get out of that situation as soon as possible. I felt suffocated. Seeing all those cameras… The only thing that was different was someone who was willing to hold my hand. I must have come off so selfishly. I wasn’t thinking of the other. You’d think I’d learn from past experiences. But maybe I’ve been influenced instead…

“I need you to come back.” My eyes shoot up at his eyes that contain hesitance, “I mean we need you to come back. It’s not a health issue, just… it’s not as dramatic of a thing unless seen.” Would they even want assistance from me? This isn’t a place for me to but in anymore. But saying no to CNU who went out of his way to come for me at the hospital would be too much. I'll swallow my pride

 
 
I'm a terrible human being, am I even one? Literally has practically been a year since my last update, but you guys are still here and are active as well :) I will say there will only be about 26 chapters so no you aren't too long away from an ending. I'll be by again, and soon next time!