His Desire

My Mamodo

           "Wake up!", Xanxus scowled in my face as he leaned in closer to glare at me. It was midnight and we were going to Italy. "Hu...uh?", I was to tired to really think. "Brat, our plane leaves in 10 minutes if you don't wake up, i'm going to shoot you.", Xanxus said standing up. I jumped up and onto his leg, I had become accustomed to this type of travel. No not by plane, but by leg. "Um, Sir, is that your child?", A flight attendant asked Xanxus as she checked our tickets. "Nephew, he's just tired.", Xanxus answered as he grabbed my arm and shook me. "Ah...Ok, then.", she said trying to smile. Xanxus did that with people, they just couldn't seem to get past his scary exterior. 

 

           Once we sat down, Xanxus got me a blanket and we went to sleep. "Trash, hurry up and tell me something.", Xanxus said yawning. "Yes?", I asked him causing him sigh. "I'm not doing something that's pointless", Then he looked straight at me,. "Do you want to be king?". This startled me, this was a question I had never really wanted to answer. My family was happy to find out I was one of the hundred chosen, so I let them be happy. But deep down, I wanted to stay behind and continue to live my life. Yeah, it had it's ups and downs, but it was a place I could call home. Xanxus sighed in exasperation, "Seriously?".

 

          "I didn't want to be king, until...Oni-chan said to protect Kyoko.", I answered ashamed, Xanxus might not want to participate anymore. "Trash, you'll have to fight and train hard. Until then I will not truly help you become king. Without resolve, a passion, rage, you can't achieve anything!", Xanxus lectured me. "Resolve? Passion?... Rage...?", I asked, I understood at least the why of passion and resolve but rage? "Resolve and passion equal rage. Without it you won't ever become anything, let alone a king!", Xanxus scowled. I wanted to cry, Xanxus was being so...different. Xanxus didn't care, he only looked out for himself. That's why we were going to Italy.

        

         "We will be arriving shortly, so please turn off all electronics and wait until we land to get all your possessions. Do not leave your seat, please.", The flight attendant announced. "Xanxus, please don't be angry at me..", I pleaded as we began to land. "Tch, shut up and wait til we get off the plane.", Xanxus said. "O-ok.", I sighed just glad he didn't get angry at me, or was he angry already!? Once we had gotten of the plane Xanxus took me to the front of the airport where we were suppose to be picked up. "Brat, my only desire right now is to become the leader of my so-called father's crime organization." Xanxus told me as a black car came around the corner and we got in.