The Unexpected.

When I Start Singing.

"Warrior~" Janice woke up to her phone ringing. BAP's warrior was the perfect song to wake her up, it never fails to do that. 

"Hello..?"

"Janiceu! Remember to report to SM in 15 minutes' time!..."

"Huh... WHAT 15 MINUTES TIME?"

".... Yeah we'll do your makeup, just wash up and come!" And she hung up.

She couldn't really understand anything else the unnie on the line said, but all she knew was that she had to get to SM soon. Janice bolted out of bed, cursing herself for forgetting about today's meeting. apparently it seemed so important that she had to have her makeup done in the company. What was it? Meeting the other group members? Was she debuting? Or just another scolding for her fail korean? There was no doubt she was better in korean after a year's of guidance, but she could not understand when people speak too fast. Therefore it's always body language when she has to converse to others. After a quick shower, Janice rushed to the company, only to be escorted to the dressing room, where the whole of EXO was in as well. Puzzled, Janice did as she was told, as she sat in the chair, waiting for someone to attend to her. 

The rest of the EXO members watched her as she got escorted to the seat in the dressing room, as started talking among themselves. "Is she going with us to China?" Baekhyun asked. D.O. shrugged as he stared at Janice with his huge eyes. Janice caught D.O staring and looked away, avoiding his gaze. Suho walked over and said something so quicky she couldn't understand.. "....... After all she did a good job on Jongdae." The pair nodded to Suho and turned back to their mirrors. Janice smiled, she didn't know everyone liked the style she did for Chen. "Hey," Janice looked up to see Kris smiling at her. "Hi, Kris," Janice replied him in English, earning stares from the rest of the people in the room. After all they were the only ones who understand english there. "So.. Are you joining us in China?" Kris asked. "Yeah, I'll be taking the later plane over to join you guys.. There's a short of staff.. I guess I'll be helping Chen as well." Kris gave her the thumbs up and walked away when the stylist called for him. Another stylist came over and blabbered in Korean, making Janice raise an eyebrow. She shoved Janice's outfit to her and pointed to the cubicles, asking her to change into it. Janice nodded, and trudged into the cubicle, remembering that awkward moment she had the day before with Chen. That's not the point now, Janice thought as she quickly changed into the polka dot dress which was given to her, and went back to get her makeup done, receiving stares from everyone in the room again. Did she look weird?

"Yeppo-da!" The stylist sang as she started to apply foundation on Janice. Janice stared at the stylist, then at the mirror. It was just a normal dress, and to be honest Janice had not worn a dress since she came to Korea. She was always in tracksuits for practice or just tshirt and jeans during work. Well, it was obviously a formal meeting, but for what? When she was done, the stylist asked her to stand up she spinned Janice around. "OMO, JINJJA YEPPO-DA!" She exclaimed and asked the EXO members if she looked great. Oh, how Janice wished she would be swallowed by ground, it was so embarrassing. Janice flushed pink as she stared at the ground, tugging at her dress and refusing to look at the other guys' reactions. After all she was the one who barged in with bed hair and weird fashion sense the day before. 

The EXO boys didn't believe their eyes when Janice walked out with the dress. Perhaps it has been a long time since they actually saw a normal pretty girl. In SM they always see their sunbaenims, f(x) and SNSD, who were idols.. Baekhyun blurted "SNSD sunbaenim?" and got a playful smack by Suho in reply. D.O stared at Baekhyun and shook his head. "Aish, that fanboy.." he muttered, before turning back to look at Janice. When the stylist exclaimed, he subconciously nodded. EXO-M members just sat there, observing Janice and nodded in reply to the stylist question. Chen watched Janice tug at her dress, and couldn't help but snicker. She looked so different from when she was singing. So insecure, so shy.  Xiumin stared at Chen and nudged him, asking what was wrong with him, but Chen shook his head, leaving Xiumin confused. 

"Janiceu? Let's go," Soo Man walked into the dressing room and everyone mumbled greetings to him. "And good luck, EXO. I'll be flying there later with Janiceu." Janice looked up to meet Chen's eyes, and he gave her the thumbs up sign. his smile, it made Janice smile as well. Fighting, Jongdae oppa, Janice mouthed. Fighting, Eunmin, he mouthed back as Janice followed Soo Man out of the room. The EXO boys' eyes were glued to Janice until she left the room. Once the door closed, the room exploded into chatters.

"Wait who is she?"

"Isn't she Chen's stylist?"

"Are you sure it's her?"

"SNSD sunbaenim.."

"Shut up, Baekhyun!"

"Where is she going with CEO-nim?"

"She's gorgeous.." 

"My gosh, perfect."

"Her eyes.. YEPPO-DA!" 

"Oh stop it, boys.."

"But she looked so different from yesterday!"

Chen was unfazed by all s' squealings and fanboying. All he remembered was her mouthing Fighting to him. Well, it may just be a normal word of encouragement, but Chen felt exceptionally happy, and he broke into a smile. Xiumin eyed him and nudged him again. "Why are you smiling to yourself again?" Chen shook his head but Xiumin didn't leave it lying. "You like her, don't you?" Chen blushed and shook his head fervently. "Hyung! She just looked.. pretty.." He trailed off. Xiumin laughed and placed his hand on Chen's shoulder. "You are lucky she's in charge of you.." Chen merely nodded and walked away.

***

Soo Man brought Janice to KBS, and Janice followed him closely, she never left the dressing room everytime she followed the idols here for performances. Stopping outside a meeting room, Soo Man placed a hand on Janice's shoulders. "Janiceu, I've decided to let you debut.." Debut? She was going to debut? OMG my wish.. "As an actress." Janice was stumped. Sure, she took acting lessons in SM as well, and everyone said she had a talent in acting. But she came in to prepare to debut as an idol, not an actress! "But CEO-nim, I came in here to be an idol.. And my korean is really bad-" Soo Man smiled and nodded. "I know, but your style isn't the typical girl groups' style, and moreover EXO just debuted and I don't want to debut another group too soon.. Yet I want to expose you to the industry first.." Janice nodded. CEO-nim's argument was valid, there was no way she could debut in a girl group. "Rest assured, you will still follow your dreams to be an idol." He smiled and opened the door to the meeting room. Janice walked into the room with her head hanging low, bowed and greeted everyone before raising her head. Janice's eyes widened and she gasped when her eyes met with someone else's. He was one of her ultimate biases in the kpop industry.

Jung. Dae. Hyun. 


AN: There! Daehyun appeared :) I swear I'm an awkward writer, everything doesn't go the way I want it to be.. but finally Daehyun's here! YAYYYYYY. I'll update soon :D Hope you guys are still alright with this? 

Comments are lovedddddd :D

And I think I need some kind of structure for speech and stuff.. I'll post it up/edit the chapters later tonight when I'm home :S