Awkwardness.

When I Start Singing.

"CHEN CHENNNNNNNN~" Janice and Chen both opened their eyes at the same time, and Janice yelped as she realised she was leaning on Chen's shoulder. "Sorry," She muttered as her face turned pink. Chen fumbled with his shirt and stood up from his seat. "Yeah leader hyung.." The two of them had somehow ended up falling asleep on each other after singing that song. Janice blushed even more as she recalled how he smiled. She was still at work. Janice restrained herself and followed Chen down the bus. 

Janice picked up all the stuff that had to be brought back to the company, but suddenly a hand snatched some of the bags away. She looked up to see Chen's wide smile, just as he walked off carrying some of her load. It was lucky he walked away, if not no one knows how she will react. His eyesmile, those pearly white teeth.. Shut up, Janice scolded herself as she ran to catch up with him. "It's okay, Chen-sshi," Janice called as she tried to get the stuff back. Chen shook his head and walked even faster. "You're tired, Chen-sshi! Go and rest for tomorrow!" Janice managed to catch up with him and blocked his way.  Chen stared at her and laughed. "You're tired too.." Janice opened to cut in but Chen nudged her aside and went on his way. "Just let me help.." Janice sighed and gave up, walking behind him. Janice followed Chen silently, as they walked towards the changing room. He was really thin, but somehow Janice felt that it would be nice if she was his girlfriend.. He was so gentleman, helping her carry her stuff even though he was obviously tired from the showcase... GOSH what was she thinking? "Chen sshi-" Janice spoke up.

"Yah, call me oppa!" Janice's eyes widened. Oppa? "I'm your older brother," Surprisingly, he said it fine in Chinese. Janice let out an awkward laugh and nodded slightly. "Chen.. ahjusshi!" Janice stuck out a tongue and ran off, laughing. It wouldn't hurt to make fun of him, right? Chen yelped in protest and started to run after Janice, but obviously the things he was carry was slowing him down. "Faster, ahjusshi!" Janice called out as she wriggled on the spot to give him some air time but ducked away the moment Chen reached out for her. "Aish, EUNMIN STOP THERE!" Chen shouted as he ran even faster, until both of them reached the changing room. Janice threw the things on the dresser and ran into one cubicle, and Chen followed the same. The girl thought she could hide from him once she closed the cubicle door, but Chen was too fast, and he slipped into the tiny cubicle as well before she shut it.  

The pair stared at each other, as they were squashed in that puny space, chest to chest. There was no way any of them could move back any more.. Janice could feel his breath as he looked at her. Chen could feel his ears turn red, as he got lost in her eyes. They were pretty much the same as any other Korean's, but hers was beautiful.. He couldn't put any other words to it.. Just, pure amazing. He could just stare at them forever. 

Janice was too absorbing his facial features. His double eyelids, smooth skin, visible jawline, everything of his. Janice has never seen his features up so close before, not even when she was putting on make up for him. The silence made everything more awkward. "Let's get out of here," Janice managed to break the silence. Chen nodded and opened the door, slipping out of the cubicle. Janice followed suit, and she had to hide her red face in their costumes as she arranged them on the clothes rack. 

Chen stood at the side awkwardly, not knowing what to say. He watched Janice pack the stuff, and couldn't help but blurt, "Are you coming with us to China tomorrow?" Janice placed the last hanger on the rack, and turned around. Leaning against the dresser, Janice shrugged her shoulders. No one has told her about following EXO to China.. And she highly doubt she would be allowed to, she still had to train.. The sound of the door opening broke her train of thoughts, as Soo Man came in. "Good evening CEO-nim," the two of them greeted him. "Jongdae, go and rest now, you are taking the early flight to China tomorrow!" Chen nodded as he continued. "Janice, you will follow me somewhere tomorrow first thing in the morning, we're going to meet someone. After which you will be taking the noon flight to China to help out. They're short of staff over there, and since you did a good job with Jongdae.." Janice nodded and she spotted Chen smirking before he left the room. 

The last thing she thought of before going back to her house: Am I finally going to debut?

 

She was. But not through the way she wanted to. 


ARGH it was BAD. Like really bad. Screwed up their awkward moment so badly I think I can jump off a cliff now... Sorry for the long wait!