The Start.

When I Start Singing.

 

Janice sat in the car, her black hair being held in a neat bun. Baekjin glanced at Janice while stopping at a traffic junction. Today was the day of the press conference for her debut drama. The girl seemed too calm for her own good. Usually when Janice was nervous, she would insist on playing her favourite songs and she would start belting out the notes of the song. However, now Janice was merely staring out of the car window, with no intention of opening at all. Baekjin sighed as the lights turned green, stepping on the accelerator. He didn't want to disturb her, maybe she was really not nervous about the press conference at all. (Well he highly doubt so)
 
No, Janice was not calm at all. All the thoughts running through her mind.. She didn't even know which one she should start thinking about. The previous stuff she was nervous about, wasn't even serious stuff. Merely evaluations, or mini photoshoots... Those could not even be compared to this. Her first public appearance. In about 2 hours, she will be getting her first taste of 'fame'. Maybe fame wasn't the correct word for it, but she will be shown to the public for the first time. It didn't help that she was from SM, the expectations would be higher than ever. Moreover she wasn't like the other idols SM have produced, she definitely did not fit in to the current Asian standards of beauty. Historic standards, maybe.. But definitely not the current one. She was well aware of how the k-netizens can react towards celebrities. What if the general public hated her? After all she was a foreigner. She couldn't even speak Korean properly! What will happen if haters spread weird rumours about her? Moreover her co-star is a very popular idol. What if those crazy fangirls come after her for 'snatching away' their idol? Janice shuddered at the thought. She wasn't willing to think about the consequences of such actions.
 
"Man, chill! You're perspiring!" Baekjin nudged her, giving her napkins. Janice muttered a thank you and wiped the sweat off her forehead. "Thank goodness makeup's not up yet.. If not you will ruin it with the way you wiped your sweat off!" Janice stuck her tongue out and started to dab the rest of her face. "That's better," Baekjin smiled. Not long after, they reached the venue. Baekjin held his hand out, asking for a hi five. Janice smiled and responded, only to have Baekjin's hand interlocking hers. "Janice, no matter what happens, always remember the reason why you came from such a faraway place and why you worked so hard. You deserve this spot. Don't worry!" Janice smiled and nodded. Baekjin had this ability to calm her down. Indeed, she worked so hard for today. Who cares if she can't debut as an idol? She's here and that's enough. 
 
***
 
Daehyun stared at the mirror as the stylist noona put on his makeup and styled his hair. It was now dark brown, something he was rather fond of. At least it was better than blonde.. The photoshoot with Janice a few days ago went well, where they had really got to know each other better. Janice was a pretty cool girl, with zero resemblance to any other korean celebrities he has met. Maybe because she is not Korean.. They had some trouble communicating since her korean wasn't perfect. But everything went well, and Janice even gave him a crash course on English! Daehyun made a mental note to get her to teach him some Chinese too, it will do him good for his upcoming schedule in Taiwan. Janice reminded Daehyun of his first girlfriend, who was a foreigner as well. He really liked her, just that the language barrier was too hard for him to overcome.. 
 
"Good morning everyone!" a female's voice jolted Daehyun out of his thoughts. "Hey!" He waved and motioned for Janice to come over and sit beside him, and she gladly obliged. "Feeling nervous?" Janice nodded as she greeted her stylist. Daehyun couldn't help but look at the girl beside him. She was in a simple dress, yet she looked stunning in it. Daehyun got lost in his thoughts until his stylist shook him. "You alright..?" his stylist asked out of concern. Daehyun laughed, shaking his head out of embarrassment. Not that he was in a better situation now, since Janice was almost done with her makeup. What a shame to be caught staring at a girl, Daehyun thought as he turned to allow his coordi noona to adjust his bowtie. 
 
Right before the press conference started, Daehyun stole a glance at Janice again, who looked really stressed out. He was like that before his first showcase too, so he could understand. Putting his hand on her shoulder, Daehyun stared at Janice, and squeezed her shoulder. "You'll be alright!" Janice stared at Daehyun through the mirror, sighing. "You really think so?" Daehyun smirked and brought his head close to Janice's. "Of course, everything will be fine! After that we can go and eat some good food alright?" Janice sighed again and nodded. "And stop sighing, you really look awkward with that expression.." Daehyun whispered into Janice's ears, making her jump and slap his shoulders in protest. "Now that's my girl!" Daehyun laughed and went back to his seat. 
 
Janice turned pink at how close her bias was, she couldn't give up her inner fangirl even though they were technically colleagues now.. And his smirk.. Oh, she can't even. Luckily her phone vibrated, as Janice reached into her phone, which saved her from further embarrassment (what if she fangirled right in front of everyone?) But nope, the incoming message didn't exactly save her..
 
Eunmin-ah, good luck for your press conference! I'll be watching you and I shall see who this Daehyun is, and how did he become your bias and not me! Have a lemon candy! I know you have one in your bag right now :) HWAITING! 
 
This Jongdae could be really crazy at times, Janice thought as saw his selca posing with a lemon candy. She snickered and blushed as she found the lemon candy in her purse as stated by him, and she turned to see Baekjin winking at her. This boy, Janice shook his head as she unwrapped the candy, popping into .
 
Daehyun looked on from the side, his insides turning a little squirmy as he saw Janice smiling while looking at her phone.. He didn't know what was happening but there wasn't anymore time as the PDs for the press conference got the two of them to prepare for the appearance. 
 
***
 
"And now, let's welcome the two main leads of this drama, Janice-u Lim and Jung Daehyun!" Janice was stumped at the mention of her name, and she blanked out. Daehyun did not even glance at her, but grabbed her hand and led her out of the waiting room to venue, whispering to her "I'm right here." And here it goes, Janice thought as she stepped into the world of flashes and applause. 
 

Sorry guys for the terribly long hiatus.. Life was crazy (and I'm currently procastinating and not studying for finals!)
Hope you guys like this (terribly long) update though! :)