F.A.I.L.

When I Start Singing.

The moment Janice opened her eyes, she knew her day wasn't going to be smooth. That ominous feeling she got.. And she was not wrong. Staring at her clock, Janice yelped and rushed to the bathroom to wash up. It was already 6am, and it was the time she had to report for work. Janice mentally chided herself for forgetting to set the alarm clock before she slept, and the thought of CEO-nim's disappointed face scared her, as she rushed to change and ran out of the apartment. Thank goodness the company was just beside her house, if it wasn't she would have been dead by then. Janice ran as fast as she could, and even took the stairs instead of the lift to the 4th storey..

"Oh my goodness I overslept but I rushed over here I'm so sorry I'm really sorry for delaying everything.." Janice apologised profusely the moment she burst into the room, but no one replied her.. Darn did I screw up again? CEO-nim's going to kill me.. She hesistated for a while before lifting her head, only to see all the shocked faces in the room. Janice stared at everyone, puzzled. She had no idea what was going on and why was everyone looking at her like that. Until this really tall guy chuckled and spoke in perfect english. "My dear, you made such a grand entrance and even spoke in english.. That's why no one understood you.." Janice stared at the guy blankly until she understood the situation, and gave a fake laugh, scratching her forehead.. "Oh, sorry I was late.." She bowed and made sure she spoke in the best korean she could. The tense situation eased the moment she spoke in korean and everyone went back to doing their own stuff. Janice eyed that tall guy and wondered where he came from, since he was able to speak perfect english, even getting the right pronounciations. Too bad, he saw her and gave her a smile and a nod. Janice stunned for a moment before nodding in acknowledgment and rushing to find the coordi unnie in charge to get her duties.. 

"Ahh Janiceu-ah.." The coordi unnie sang as Janice flinched at her pronounciation of her name. She always had the urge to correct anyone who got her name wrong, but this is South Korea, everyone gets her name wrong. Janice hung her head and nodded at her instructions. The unnie was really nice, but she kept making fun of her bizzare entrance in the morning.. Janice pouted and ran off before the unnie could laugh at her again. So, based on the coordi unnie's instructions, she was supposed to help hand out the members' costumes and then help whenever needed. Janice knew nothing about this new group other than the fact that there are 12 guys and they are split into 2 sub groups. Well, the best news she heard from the coordi unnie was that there was quite a few Chinese. At least she could speak in her native language without embarrassing herself with her fail korean. 

A few moments later, the girl was mentally bashing herself for not doing her homework before she came today, as she stared at the nametags on the clothes cover. Gosh who are these people? Janice knew she would embarrass herself as she picked out the hanger labelled with the most english-looking name. KRIS, it wrote. Janice sighed as she shook her head to tame the messy bangs she had. Figuring she had no other way to find out who's who, Janice turned around and called "Who's Kris?" No answer. "Kris..?" She tried again. No answer. "What is this.." Natalie muttered in Chinese and made a face as she turned back to try her luck with another name. "Calling me?" Janice jumped and turned her head, only to face another pair of eyes. "Woah.." Janice fell backwards and almost crashed into the costumes but luckily she kept her balance. The owner of the costume smirked and his face finally left hers. OF course, this Kris guy was none other than the guy who spoke perfect english. Janice smiled and passed his costume to Kris. The tall guy nodded, took his hanger and turned to leave. "Wait-" Janice called, and Kris spun around, staring at her. "Sorry.. But could you please tell me who's who? I.. didn't do my homework." Janice bit her lip and let out a soft chuckle. Kris raised an eyebrow, making Janice doubt what she herself has just said as she had used english instead of korean. "Oh, yeah.. erm.. EXO-K's over there, EXO-M's right here, and there's.." Kris quickly pointed everyone out and had to leave because the stylist was calling him. "Oh, just ask me if you need help. I'm probably the only member here who can speak English," He waved and rushed over to the stylist. Janice smiled and nodded.

It seemed like not all idols are stuck up after all.. It wasn't the first time Janice has worked with idols, it's just her first time talking to idols who can actually understand her. Most of the time she would communicate with the idols' through body language, and charades. Janice was sure that she would do extremely well if she had to play that game now. Laughing to herself, she continued to pass out the costumes to the different members.. Thanks to Kris, EXO-K's were done without any major slip-ups, except for the moment when she mixed up BaekHyun and SeHun. Janice swore she passed to the correct person, until BaekHyun eyed her and spoke so quickly in korean, she couldn't catch up. All she did was to give him a blank face and he laughed, leading her to SeHun and introducing him to her. Gosh, so embarrassing, Janice thought as she apologised and passed BaekHyun his costume, thanking him for his help. 

I'm such a fail, Janice slapped herself as she started to pick out the costumes for the EXO-M members.


AN: 2nd Chapter up! Okay it's still kind of crappy, but I think I've started to make some progress..? (I hope so..) So sorry my intended main character didn't appear here, I figured it was too long so I shall post a new Chapter soon! YAY awesome Kris and Baekhyun :)

... I'm nice, don't avoid me for too long, guys! ^^ /offers cookies

/runs