❖ Barbie Doll

❀。The Bouquet Boy

 

 

Time seemed to stop when he walked in. Even the upperclassmen, even the girls with the tight, ironed curls—everyone stared at his entrance. He seemed to float with grace. The steps he took with his long legs were alluring yet still composed. His blonde hair hung past his shoulders in loose and wavy curls, making him look more like a princess than a seventeen-year-old student. Even their ugly and boring blue uniform looked like it had been made for him. His skirt reached his mid thigh, his blouse tight and fitting. While most girls looked as though they'd been consumed by the heavy material, he looked like she was in a fashion show. Taemin tugged at his school skirt awkwardly. This had to work.


What was most intriguing about his entrace was the fact that he was alone. Most students would come to school with a parent or an adult, walking around the school, lost. But a look of determination was sketched into his pretty little face, almost as if he knew exactly where he was going.

"Hey, do need some help getting around school?" a foolish boy asked, desperately. But all the fair-haired boy did was shake his head slowly, and continued along down the hallways. By then, a crowd had formed around him. People followed his steps, trying to catch a glance. It was as if he carried the entire student body with him.

He reached the senior classrooms, where Choi Minho stood, talking to a member of the soccer team. The students that had actually bothered to waste their time and follow him expected him to acknowledge Minho, say hello or even blush and bow. But he was one of those people who seemed above everyone else. He continued along, passing the frog-like prince without a care.

"Who was that?" Minho's friend, Kim Kibum asked. He watched him as he walked away, staring at Taemin's evident S-line. "She's hot."

Minho only shook his head, chuckling. "You're such a tool, Kibum."

Taemin's little posse travelled with him until they reached Room 52B. "Go," he said, in the highest possible voice he could manage. Even he had to admit, he sounded like a pretty little girl. Immediately, the hundreds of students that crowded him left the scene, off to spread more gossip of Yang Byul's beautiful ice-princess.

。。。

Nana was seated in the first seat of the first row. It wasn't like she chose to sit there. It was more like a given. On the first day of the year, Mrs. Jung had pulled her aside and spoke to her about how she wanted to keep 'a special eye' on her. Nana knew that this wasn't a good thing. There were only three people at school who favoured her: Luhan, Coach Kwon and the rest of the guys on her football team. That was all. Maybe, because Mrs. Jung was a Literature teacher, she had absolutely no reason to favour Oh Taejun's younger sister above others. She was fairly plump, with short, stubby legs, and a face that seemed to 'tut-tut' at everything she saw. 

Nana sat in the empty and awkward row, which (in order), consisted of: Nana, an empty seat that once belonged to a deceased boy with cancer, Kim Myungsoo (also known as L)—the guru who played with hand puppets and wore a black cloak, Zitao from the football team who didn't know his times tables, Lee Chaerin who repeated Year 11 twice and the foreigner Tiffany who couldn't speak basic Korean.
 
They were known as the table of misfits, of students who were beyond help. What Nana didn't know was why she was included. They were the six students in class who didn't have any reaction at all to Lee Taeyeon entering their classroom that morning. First and foremost, Nana was distracted by the clumsy freshmen who threw a volleyball around aimlessly. L was playing with his puppets, Zitao was asleep, Chaerin was texting and Tiffany didn't understand what was happening.

"Hello, I am Lee Taeyeon," Taemin said with feigned adorable shyness. Many of the males in the classroom 'aww'ed and 'ooh'ed. A few girls snickered. 

"You can sit...over there, next to Nana." 

Nana was forced to peel her eyes away from the window, hearing her own name. Had she heard correctly? There were many other seats in the classroom that didn't involve the front row on the right-hand side of the room. And why did this...'Taeyeon' have to sit directly next to her? She was about to open to protest, but instead, saw the prettiest person Nana had ever laid her eyes on. It wasn't the same feeling as seeing Minho. It wasn't love at first sight. It was more like finding the cutest puppy ever and wanting to cuddle it and pat it's head. 

"Yes!" she cried, standing up straight. "She can sit here."

Heads turned to stare at her sudden outburst, and Nana sat back down again slowly. 

"...okay, then. Taeyeon, go sit there," Mrs. Jung said, shaking her head in bewilderment. Nana backtracked her words and actions, cursing herself mentally. So maybe that was why she was seated in the front row. Taemin practically glided down the row, and quietly sat down. Mrs. Jung continued on with her lesson, but none of the kids were listening. They were all staring intently at Lee Taeyeon, who seemed to bloom as much as a flower. Although Nana was a part of the kids who paid no attention to her dramatic entrance, she was intensly taking in every little thing about Taemin, attempting to take a mental photograph of her perfection.

Taemin sighed. So much for 'fitting in'. He eyed the strange girl seated to his right. Her hair was a firey red, with a choppy bang and wavy locks. Was she a foreigner? Taemin remembered the teacher calling her 'Nana'. Nana (or whoever she was, really) eyed Taemin like a lion watching it's prey. She caught his every movement, large eyes glued onto Taemin's. It was creepy, really. Almost (but not quite) as creepy as the dark haired male who sat to his left, who wore a black cloak with rabbit ears around his shoulders, making a toy cow talk to a cat.

"This school is not normal," he whispered to himself. Rather than his surroundings, Taemin decided to listen to the lesson that Mrs. Jung was still droning on about. But after a few minutes of attempting to concentrate, Taemin found it difficult to keep his eyes open. Just as he was about to allow himself a to drift off to a few minutes in peace, something hit his head. His eyes flared open furiously, in the direction of the thrower. It was a paper aeroplane.

"Sorry!" the little redhead mouthed, as a boy a few seats away was practically peeing himself from laughter. "It's for him," she pointed to the boy. Mrs. Jung's eyes glanced once in their direction, but decided to carry on. Taemin ignored Nana and the boy, crumpling the aeroplane with his fist. The boy's laughter subsided. 

A good thirty minutes into the lesson, the bell rang, and students from all around Taemin rushed out of the door. Nana bowed once, before skidding past him to the boy who was laughing at her. To Taemin's surprise, she slapped him on the shoulder, making him giggle all over again.

"Shut up, Zitao." She pushed him out of the table row. "Walk faster, I can't wait to see Luhan Oppa and the other guys to tell them about this great news!" 

Luhan Oppa? Taemin mused. Other guys? Already he had a brief description of this small, foregin girl: player. If he wasn't careful, she might go after him, too. But that's crazy, Taemin chuckled to himself. He slung his bag over his shoulder. I'm a girl now.

 


1054723wdbro7eyh7.gif

just wanted to clear this up because one of my friends was confused;
you guys know that Taemin = Taeyeon, right? Because Taemin crossdresses and is called Taeyeon. 
geddit?
I'll be calling 'Taeyeon' Taemin in third p.o.v just to make sure :3
and also, I started a new fic that I probably won't pay attention to for a long time. 
it'll be in the side bar that way < called 'the red string of fate | hunhan drabbles'.
anywhoo --
i see you, you. i command you to comment.

jk lovelies and silent readers, i still love you