❖ Summertime Blues

❀。The Bouquet Boy

 

1:30 p.m (Lunch)
 

room 5


It was one of those days when Taemin was in a sour mood, when even the most uplifting events appeared boring and uninspiring. He listened to the endless, annoying bickering that poured out of his fellow classmates mouths, a scowl firmly placed on his pretty face. He stared out the window with a deep frown. Class would be over in less than three minutes, yet the world seemed to move with the velocity of a retired, crippled snail. 

Immersed in his thoughts, Taemin was knocked back into reality by a harsh hit to his head. He snapped around, turning to find the source of the scrunched up  paper ball. It lead back to a boy he thought he would never have to face, one with dark eyes and a hauntingly pale face; Kim Myungsoo.

The boy looked as though he harboured a strong distaste towards all humans beings, refusing to socialize without his hand puppets. His jet black hair matched his equally dark eyes, framed with bags that were too deep to conceal.Myungsoo's ordinary uniform was concealed by a thick black cloak, and although it was burning in the summer heat, the boy did not appear the least bit affected. He stared at Taemin with raised eyebrows, indicating something unintelligible. Taemin cocked his head to the side (in a hopefuly feminine manner), a blank look etched onto his face. When the bell finally chimed to indicate the end of class, Nana pulled her books aside, and stepped out of the classroom in a flash, along with the remaining students. Only Myungsoo and Taemin were left. He gulped.

"What do you want?" he said, with an exasperated sigh. Not another confession. Taemin slung his bag around one shoulder, hands on his hips.

"I just wanted to ask you...don't your..." Myungsoo mumbled incoherently, through closed lips.

"What? Spit it out!"

"Don't your...don't your balls itch?"

A dead silence chorused through the empty classroom. Myungsoo had a blank expression on his face, opposite to Taemin's dumbfounded visage. He watched the boy in black with weary eyes, judging him thoroughly. "What do you know? Who told you?"

"I was just curious, I mean, skirts look pretty uncomfortable, I never thought a guy would—" He was aburtly interrupted by Taemin's slim hands, firmly pressed against his mouth. 

"Hey, quieten down! Someone might hear you..."

Suddenly, Taemin felt a wet, slimy touch against his palm. He retreated his arm and gazed down at the clear muck with a disgruntled look on his face. "Did you...did you just me?"

Myungsoo shrugged, nonchalantly. Taemin glared at the odd boy, itching to get away. It seemed that trouble brewed within ten feet of him. "Who told you?" he hissed through clenched teeth.

The taller boy lifted his right hand, revealing a crumpled cat puppet. Taemin scowled. "Lupin did," Myungsoo whispered eerily, gesturing towards his stuffed animal. 

Taemin's eyes averted Myungsoo's wistful gaze. Already, he grew tired of their conversation, angered by Myungsoo's facts and obliviousness, yet strangely intrigued. "I've got to go," he lied blatantly, edging towards the door. "If you tell anyone, and I mean anyone at all, I will personally dismember your limbs and sell off your body parts. Okay?"

He looked up briefly to check Myungsoo's reaction, but was greeted by complete emptiness, not a soul lurking in the room. Taemin bit his lip harshly, stampeding out of the door.

。。。

1:45 p.m (Lunch)
 

grass area; out of bounds

Sehun was nothing but a pawn in Luhan's merciless game of love. He laid down flat on the grass, extending his arms into the air, before letting them flop uselessly to his sides. He turned his head to the side, examining his Hyung. Luhan had the innocent look down to pat, his doe eyes glimmering without even a hint of desperate attempt. Sehun admired the way that his hair bounced as he walked, a fluffy nest of blonde.
 
"How was your confession?"

Luhan turned to him, his eyes wide. "Horrible. I think Taeyeon is out to kill me."
 
The younger boy muffled his chuckle with a cough, spluttering into his palm. ("Hey, are you okay?" Luhan pestered in the background.) He smiled to himself without realising, a grin displayed lazily on his pink and youthful lips. "That , Hyung."
 
"At least try to look disheartened and not like you're laughing at me."
 
"I'm not laughing at you," Sehun replied honestly. He watched a stray bird fly blindingly fast through the sky, as he dreamily observed the clouds movements. Sehun felt like he was the main character in a novel, as if he was a hero in a five-star movie. He screeched as a flash of the sun momentarily blinded him, tilting his head unnattractively into the dirt.
 
"Stop sniffing the grass, you baby," Luhan teased, plucking daisies from the ground. His hands wove the thin stems together, poking holes into their centers. The finished product was horrid, sloppily drooping, ripped, but a daisy chain nonetheless. He threw it in Sehun's direction, surprisingly landing exactly on the said boy's head. "There you go, princess." 
 
Sehun reached up to lightly touch the odd creation. His eyes softened, crinkling at the edges, as he smiled brightly. "Thanks, Lulu."
 
Luhan sighed, staring into the sky with blank eyes. "I guess if Nana continues rejecting me without realising, I'll have to spend the rest of my life with you," he said with a groan.
 
"Yeah," Sehun said, laughing emptily. He tried not to let the emotion seep into his voice, albeit his smile did not reach his eyes. "Yeah, that'd ." He wasn't really the main character in the movie; more like the sad side character with no love life.

。。。

1:45 p.m (Lunch)
 

football field

"Goooooo Nana!" A bouncing, redheaded and fiery spirited girl cheered (for herself). Nana's mother oftened joked that her hair matched her personality; upbeat, fiesty and troublesome. She'd frown and run her fingers through her messy locks, wondering how on earth her hair could define who she was.

She ran quick as lightning through the field, her hair flowing wildly in the wind. She sprinted past the greenhouse, dropping the oval shaped ball to her feet and kicking it high into the air. It landed through the two goal posts perfectly, falling neatly into the safe areas. 

"Gooooo Nana!" she repeated, ing her hands into the air and performing her happy dance (which consisted of inappropriate hip s and hair whips). 

"Goooo Nana!" This time, the voice was not hers; it was much deeper and softly spoken, as if the person had mastered yelling and whispering at the same time. Her head snapped around, only to come face-to-face with the love of her life.

"Oh my Go—hi..." She giggled nervously, twirling a strand of her curly hair around her finger. 

Choi Minho smiled, bending down to pick up the football. He tossed it into the air, before catching it coolly with one hand. "Hi there."

"H-hi...hahaha...hngg.." Inhumane noises escaped her lips, ugly and forming in the back of .

Minho watched her quizically, shrugging it off a some weird noise girls with crazy red hair who played football did. Nana glanced at him briefly, noting his attire. He was dressed in his soccer jersey, his full name printed at the very top, along with the soccer team's name, 'Tigers', and the number '48'.

"Why 48?" she found herself asking. Nana's own jersey had been labelled '14', for a stupidly obvious reason; she was fourteen at the time. She desperately wished she could change her iconic number, however, along the years, '14' just stuck.

Minho glanced at his shirt, grinning when he looked back up at her face. "Someone special was born on April 8th," he replied with a shrug.

"Oh..." Nana murmured, her brows knitted in frustration. Who? A girlfriend?

Just when she was about to ask who the offender was, a phone buzzed, evidently from Minho's front pocket. He fished it out with one hand, dropping the football carelessy to the ground. "Hello?" he called. After a few seconds, his expression relaxed, forming a pleased grin. "Hey, Jonghyun. Yeah, yeah. After school?....Okay...Where? Yeah, okay. Yep. I'll wait for you there, mhm? Bye, Hyung!"

"Who was that?" she said, suddenly feeling like an intruder.

"Hm? Oh, just a friend of mine. I've got to go, but, I'll see you next time?" 

Nana nodded enthusiastically (maybe too much), her wild red hair flapping over her face unattractively. 

"Bye, cutie!"

Nana waved him off, clutching her hair helplessly. Once he was out of eyeshot, she whimpered, then jumped up and down repeatedly in ecstasy. He had called her cutie. He thought she was cute. Nana flailed, flapping her arms around in a swaying motion. She squatted down, opting to roll down the grassy field, when a face blocked her vision. 

"What are you doing?"

 

 


whiteprettycat.gif

sorry for the long wait on this update. there are a few things that i'd like to point out, if that's okay ^^

  • Nana is not, by any means, perfect. What I mean to say, is that, many people have been commenting on how Nana is being annoying, a disappointment, not a good 'tomboy' or 'feminist'. Honestly, I was going to have her be your typical, everyday boyish girl character, who was fierce and was all 'girl-power', 'I'm happy with myself the way that I am'. However, I wanted to throw a realistic twist with my OC, to set her a part from the other stereotypes that a girl is either tremendously cute and girly, or manly and tomboyish. Nana is a bit of both. She finds enjoyment in sport, speaks her mind, is a bit rough. But, she still has an annoyingly persistent (somewhat spoiled) personality, she still wooes over the charms of a popular boy, she still judges by looks. The main character of a story does not have to a good one. Nana may be the antagonist in this tale, for all you know. I'm planning on having her realise that she doesn't have to change who is she to impress other people (an important morlal in life), she'll grow into a more feminist personality further in the story. Nana has many flaws; she is silly and insecure, faling in love with Choi Minho on their first meeting, she makes mistakes and she doesn't live up to stereotypical expectations. However, she is still a good person; oblivious, yes, but kindhearted deep within. She is an enigma, so far. Imagine she is a real life person, someone who goes to your high school, a sporty, noisy girl. You wouldn't tell her, "You should be girly, or you should be tomboyish and feminist." Nana is far from the perfect OC, but aren't we all?
  •  Yes, I am stretching the story out. There is a reason, though; because I want to experience more chapters and episodes where Nana believes that Taemin is still a girl. Consider it this way: If Nana found out Taemin was a boy, she'd view him differently, be more flustered, consider him as a love interest. Right now, I want to stick to the friendly side of their relationship, where they are discovering more about each other (and eventually, about themselves). Once the secret of Taemin's gender is acknowledged, I can never reverse it, and the moments are gone. In To The Beautiful You (the drama), Jaehee was discovered as a girl by the schoolbody only in the second last/last episode.
     
  • I want this story to be based on reality. Most of the stories that I write are absurd, it's true, but the relationship of the two main characters are always based on realism. In the end, Nana may not end up with Taemin. Realistically, it would take years for a romantic relationship to form (hence, why I am stretching these chapters out a bit). You don't meet someone for one week and decide to start going out when you know nothing about the said person (unless you're Nana falling for Minho hahaha). I want the two to become friends first, and gradually work their way into love. Who knows, she might end up with no one at all! Albeit romance is a theme, it is not a main and prominent one. This story is about friendship, self-discovery and the transition from teenagers to adults.

    It's meaning is simple: Regardless of how different you are, you don't need to change yourself for anyone else. All that matters is that you are satisfied with the person you are.

once again, i apologise for the long essay that i wrote; these are a fewthings I felt were neccessary to acknowledge.
i don't know if any of you realised, but a cat's love story reference because lupin+myungsoo+cats hehehhe ok nvm

also, check out paper petals, a random oneshot dump for exo couples, and for a series of my most recent and matured writing !