❖ The Scent of a Female

❀。The Bouquet Boy

 

 

The flowers bloomed in Spring. It was a poetic statement that an oblivious girl like Nana would never take notice of. Even as she was standing in the middle of a fieldwhich was directly next to the school gardenshe didn't realise the beauty held behind the tainted glass windows. Unlike most girls, she didn't see the baby buds that seemed to pop out of the earth beneath her feet, or smell the fresh primroses by the goal posts. What she did notice, however, was the wet mud that made a squelch! sound as she was being tackled into the midst of it.


She wasn't exactly weak, but she was slightly underweight for her height and age. Nana didn't have a crazy amount of muscle like most people supposed she did, being the only girl on the football team. So with a large boy like Kim Jongin pressing her down against the slippery mud, she didn't stand a chance. "Ugh, get off me, Kai!"

He chuckled good-naturedly, running a hand through his freshly cut hair. He held his hand out in an act of surrender. With childish annoyance, she accepted his offer and slipped her weight into his palm as he helped her up. It wasn't Kai's fault. In fact, if anyone was to blame, it was Nana. She was the one who was supposed to be uncatchable. The only reason why they accepted her into the male football team was because she could shoot a goal from miles away, regardless of her surroundings. Her father had been the best football coach of all time, a living legend. Her brother, Oh Taejun, began playing the sport as a full occupation, there wasn't a single male who didn't know his name. Nana didn't inherit their love for sports. Or anything from her parents, really. 

She was a generated child. Her parents had sat in the office of a well trained doctor, discussing the features they would have wanted their child to have. It was them who gifted her not with their genes, but with flashy red hair, a healthy body shape and big eyes that were so dark they could have been labelled as black. Nana didn't hate her parents for using a baby generator. After all, everyone wanted their baby to be the best, Mr and Mrs. Oh only took this a step further. She was born to be perfect, though she never felt anything close to the unreachable word. Her mother wanted her to be more feminine, someone classy who wore beige heels and tight, flesh coloured dresses.

But, no. This was her own little rebellion, in a way. Nana had turned away from all of the pink clothing that her mother regularly gifted, and instead, wore her brother's clothing. She didn't play with the Barbie doll's from her birthdays, only with Taejun's football.

"Red, you okay?" a sweet voice chirped. Of course she knew who it was.

"Yeah, let's go, Luhan." Nana waved goodbye to Kai and their fellow teammates, Yang Byul's Exo. The team was on a winning streak ever since their maknae and only female joined. 

Together, Nana and Luhan entered the school grounds. They were seperated by a year, and unwillingly parted in the hallway. "See you, Dimples," she said casually, walking towards Room 52B. He gave an overly excited wave, watching her as she walked away.

As soon as Nana walked past the curb, she bumped into someone's chest. He was as tall as a tree, and had enough muscle to send her gravitating to the ground. "Oh! I'm sorry," said an extremely deep and husky voice. He, like Kai, held out his hand for her to get up. Nana felt a surge of deja vu, enough embarrasment for one day. She stood up on her own, using her hands for support. Without looking at the boy's face, she wiped her bottom and straightened her skirt. "Sorry, that was my fault. I should've looked where I was..."

Once glance. Once glance was all it took. And in approximately one second, Nana had fallen in love. He had soft, brown hair, that was so fluffy she tamed the urge to reach out and touch it. His skin was fairly tanned, a deep contrast against his pearly white teeth. And his muscles
—oh his muscles! Nana tried her hardest to avert her eyes, but she kept looking back to see if they were real. He was so good-looking that she felt like jelly under his alluring gaze. The boy must've noticed her staring, and offered his hand.

"I'm Minho," he said, his large eyes burning into her own.

"Uh—hi...I-I Nana..." I Nana? What had gotten into her? Get a hold of yourself! she scolded mentally.

Minho chuckled at her response. "You're Taejun's sister, aren't you?"

"I...I, yes, I am...How did you know?"

The tall boy shrugged. "It gets around school." Suddenly, the school's lame bell rang, a reminder that the students had to get back to classes. "I gotta go. See you around, maybe?" 

"Y-yeah, sure..." Nana stood there like a motionless robot as Minho sprinted away. For a few minutes she couldn't think or move, she just stood there, breathless. What snapped her back to reality were the massive wave of students who pushed past her without a care. Only then did she finally move out of her little spot, towards her classroom, in a daze.

Various students from her class eyed her. But she didn't meet their eyes, unsure what they were looking at. Only when she had entered the classroom, and sat in her seat, did she realise. The familiar noise of mud pressing against her body was ringing through her ears, and Nana cringed. Luhan warned her not to play footy in her uniform.

Once the teacher entered, she asked for permission to go to her locker where she kept a spare shirt. While walking through the hallways, the only thing on Nana's mind was the fact that she had met Mr. Perfect while covered in mud. She was certain of one thing: something had to change.


550470opln9i59wi.gif

i was gonna update my other fic, but because there is no luhan there, I updated this.
happy birthday luhan! I love you very muchly. ; 3 ;


if you were confused about nana being a 'generated' baby, it basically means that her parents used that machine thing 
where you can choose what your baby looks like and what their hobbies are, etc. this is real!