❖ Contemplation

❀。The Bouquet Boy

 

 

Nana was struck with the idea at precisely one a.m. The grandfather clock on the left hand side of her wall was ticking, a repetitive nuisance that she longed to be rid of. By the twelfth strike, she had jumped out of her bed and into her little kitchen for a cup of tea. The night was becoming unbearable.


Taejun was nestled into a deep sleep at the bottom of the couch, his long limbs dangling off the arms. Careful not to wake up her older brother, Nana put the kettle on. After it had finished boiling, she dipped a little packet of jasmine tea into a cup, and returned to her bedroom.

The moonlight was shining through her bedroom window, a bright beacon in the night sky. Nana's eyes instinctively followed the trail of moonlight, until she found the room next door, who's bedroom light was emitting a very faint glow. Squinting, she could barely make out a slim sihoulette, one that was brushing her silky hair softly. With a pout, Nana noticed the way that her blonde locks bounced with every , the delicate touch of a woman. Putting two and two together (plus the class just radiating off the person's back), Nana's mouth popped open. Lee Taeyeon lived in the room right next to her's! It was fate, she could just feel it. 

Putting her cup down, Nana sat up. She reached for an ugly old comb that she hardly ever used, and tried to brush at her tangled hair. It was almost impossible. The thin plastic wouldn't go down, it was simply caught in a heap of red locks. With a groan, she tugged with all of her might, until she heard a soft crack. Holding the two pieces of her broken comb in her hand, Nana frowned. "I'll buy a new one tomorrow," she mumbled. 

She continuously watched Taeyeon from her window. Not once again that night did she attempt to mimic her actions (Nana knew it would only end in injury), so she simply watched. It was thrilling to be so close, yet so far to the human embodiment of perfection. The girl radiated with chicness. Taeyeon wasn't even ty or y
she was a posh girl with the class of a queen, who was, in Nana's eyes, flawless.

The night continued on, and suddenly, the clock gave a loud chime. Nana mused for a minute. It would take a lot for her to change her ways. If Taeyeon wouldn't agree to helping her...maybe observing her from her window would suffice. 

。。。

The next day, Luhan greeted her with a smile that dropped instantly. "Nana, your hair..." he mumbled, poking her messy red hair sheepishly.

Nana released an exasperated sigh. "I know, I know! I stayed up all night brushing it with my hands and now it's gone all static..."

Luhan giggled, watching the thin strands of hair float in mid-air. He pushed it down and watched it retreat with a curious expression, obviously easily pleased and entertained. "Stop it, Dimples, it'll get worse. Ugh, this is so horrible." With a pout, Nana walked into the school grounds, Luhan continued to pester her with annoying enquires. 

"So why'd you brush it with your hands?"

"My comb broke."

"Your point being?" 

Nana stopped to give him a sarcastic glance. "Are you implying that I don't care enough about my hair to brush it?" It was sort of true, though. 

"Uh...yes. You don't. You haven't brushed your hair since you were five. What's up with it now?" Luhan shot back, displeased. Footballers didn't have time to worry about their hair. 

Nana only shrugged and walked along, eager to get to class. "It was time for a change, I suppose."

This statement only made Luhan's frown grow deeper. He didn't like changes, especially those that concerned his childish best friend. Albeit, he was the one being childish in this case. With a slight sigh, Luhan watched her waltz deeper into the hallway, mixed with a plenthora of unfamiliar faces; their mismatched timetable was really annoying sometimes. But he was in his senior year, and couldn't afford to skip any lessons for a girl (even if she was pretty amazing). 
 
。。。
 
Sehun had a baby lisp, and quite frankly, Luhan found it adorable. The way that his little lips worked so quickly that he had gotten jumbled into his own words made his heart bubble with second hand embarrassment, as well as a little affection. But today, Luhan just didn't feel like listening. "Sehun," Luhan mumbled half-heartedly. "Or should I say 'Thehun'? Your lisp is getting out of control," he chuckled, still mildly distracted.
 
Sehun frowned. "Really? Ah, I'm sorry, Hyung, I barely realised...anyway, where was I? Oh yes, then nanachirisuuupdated the story that I thought she had abandoned, and oh my God, all of my feels, Luhan, I..." The younger's endless chatter about some fanfiction site called 'Asianfanfics' entered one ear and exited the next. It wasn't like Luhan was boredhe genuinely enjoyed Sehun's bubbly presencehe was just being continuously distracted by a nagging feeing on his mind.
 
"What's up Hyung?" Sehun asked, poking the shorter. "You seem...distracted."
 
Luhan, finally deciding to acknowledge his poor friend, ruffled the back of his hair in frustration. "I don't know...it's just...do you think of Nana as a sister?"
 
Sehun was obviously startled by the absurd question, instead, laughing out loud. He knew that his Hyung was awkward and a tiny bit clingy to the redheaded girl, but he never knew he was so frustrated about his unrequited love. After a long pause, Sehun replied, "Honestly, she's more than just a sister." At this, Luhan gulped.
 
"She's kind of like that annoying puppy living in your backyard that just barks and barks and poops everywhere, it's so feral and dirty and ugh. Nana's just as annoying, but then you realise that the stupid dog that pees on your rug has actually grown on you, and you just can't live without it." Once Sehun had finished his thoughtful remark on comparing Nana to a pestering dog, Luhan laughed. A real, big and hearty laugh, clapping his hands and slapping his thighs because once he thought about it, it was completely true.
 
"You're a brat, you know that?" Luhan joked, pinching Sehun's cheek.
 
"Yeah, I know. You're no better. Have you spoken to Nana about this?" 
 
"No. Of course not, I mean, what would she say? What would she think? She keeps trying to change herself but I don't like the change, I like the scrawny-football-playing-ten-year-old I met all those years back," Luhan confessed, squirming in his seat. Everything felt weird being said aloud.
 
Sehun his lips (an odd habit that was undeniably attractive), and spewed some half-hearted advice from his book of motherly sayings. "Well...maybe you're just clinging onto the past, you know? You probably just liked Nana as a kid, when she was all tomboyish and so very confused. But now she's like a mature woman and in my opinion, the line between friends and lovers is pretty thin."
 
Luhan let the new information soak into him, and clapped Sehun on the back. "Thanks, buddy. You should be a counsellor, or something. See you around." Luhan left the field within five seconds, bolting away into the far distance. Sehun could only hope that he would do something (confess his feelings after so many years, perhaps?), anything, just so he would stop worrying. Worried Luhan wasn't as fun as Relaxed Luhan.
 
Sinking down into the metal bench on the sidelines, Sehun bit into his sandwich, which was now frigid and cold after having waited so long. 
 
。。。
 
The wind whipped repeatedly at Taemin's hair, from the top of the rooftop, where he was mercilessly rejecting yet another one of his minions. "B-but, please! Just give me a chance, I can make you happy!" the pimply boy said, bowing his head down low. It was times like this that Taemin wished he wasn't so beautiful.
 
"Sorry. You're not my type," he answered truthfully, preparing to walk downstairs. A pair of strong arms wrapped around his torso, making him scowl. He harshly pushed the boy (whose name he couldn't recall)'s arms away, and turned back with an icy glare.
 
"Don't you dare try to touch me again."
 
Finally tired of the endless game, Taemin bolted down to the stairway, trying to catch his breath. Often he wondered where he obtained his ruthlessness from, who taught him to be so cruel. Maybe it was his father, who was far too narrow-minded and mistrusting for his own good? Shaking his head, he began to clamber down the stairs, accidentally bumping into a broad shoulder. Not again, he thought.
 
"Oh, Taeyeon-ssi," a voice mumbled, and Taemin looked up with curiousity.
 
"Uh...Luhan? Oppa," he corrected himself, unsure what to call this familiar stranger. He knew him all too well, although they had never conversed before today. An awkward silence passed, Taemin thinking of the many times he saw Nana swoon this easy target. "I'll be on my way then," he mumbled, walking past his senior.
 
Luhan put his hand on Taemin's school jumper, asking him to stop. "Wait," he murmured.
 
Taemin turned cautiously, afraid of what was coming next. Surely not another confession? Luhan certainly looked as though he was about to spill his love out, though, with blushing cheeks and face so red that he looked like a tomato.
 
"I-I need your help," he started, in an overly-embarrassed way.
 
"With what?" Taemin asked, exasperated. There was absolutely nothing that he had in common with the school's star athlete. He was a footballer, someone with strength and stability, who was sporty and outgoing and friendly. Taemin, on the other hand, was as cold as frozen yoghurt. He was a boy crossdressing, who lied regularly and loved flowers.
 
"Can you get me a bouquet?"
 
Taemin raised his eyebrows. This couldn't be good...

 


..IN WHICH MY OC IS COMPARED TO A DOG

omg forgive me for not updating for forever
why did i not write a taemin birthday chapter ugh /slaps self
anyway, all this weird nonsense will lead up to something eventually.
a little hunhan thrown in because hunhan is life
oh and btw, sehun is a closet fanfiction writer (not so 'closet'y since he + roohan are like wee aff)
basically he is a creep
 
who reads authors notes anyway
you, apparently.