FINAL

The Heir's Muse

What do you expect about hell’s appearance? Well for me, I expected to see people who have red skin and horns, but Baekhyun looked at me weirdly when I told that. After Luhan’s news earlier, we had forgotten about preparing dinner already. Baekhyun had dragged me out of Minjae’s house and told me to go home and go say my goodbyes. So I did, even if I was confused.

He told my parents that our school will be having a camp for the finals week and they believed him, which surprised me. But I doubt that it will last that short. From what Luhan had explained, there was a war going on between the two kingdoms in hell. I didn’t know there were two different kingdoms, namely BAP and EXO. EXO was Baekhyun’s.

He said that some of the princes from BAP had come to Earth but nobody knows why they did.

“I know that you had noticed them but I just couldn’t bring myself to tell you that earlier. The three guys from earlier are the three princes. Actually, there are six of them but I don’t know why those three are the ones sent here. I’ve known them personally, and honestly, those three are a bit weak.” He explained and in my head, I ‘ah-ed.’ “Father must be furious right now and I can’t leave you here when they’re out to attack me. If they find out that you’re my muse, you’ll be in trouble.”

“How about Minjae? Isn’t she close to Jongin?”

“Jongin’s not that important to those guys. The only people they want to kill are the rulers of our kingdom. They’d leave the Guardians and the civilians unharmed.” He said and I nodded. “We’re not going to stay there for long, a week at most. I’m going to see what’s going on and what I can do to help then I’d bring you back already.”

“So what am I going to do there?” I asked. Honestly, it scares me but it also makes me curious. He just smirked.

“Of course, you’re going to do what wives are supposed to do,” I furrowed my eyebrows and he rolled his eyes. “Moral support.”

We rounded the corner to go back to Minjae’s when suddenly, Baekhyun pulled me back. I peeked over his shoulder to see the pink haired guy from earlier. He was alone and if I didn’t know he was a devil, I’d think he’s a regular teenage guy. They met eyes and the guy’s eyes widened and he started walking backwards before turning and disappeared into the alley.

“I told you those guys are weak.” Baekhyun muttered.

Minjae’s POV

I checked the time on the clock and there’s half an hour left before midnight. Kimin and Baekhyun arrived two hours earlier and they discussed stuff with Luhan in my parent’s room. My mom wasn’t home yet so I guess it’s alright. Kai and I were left in the living room and we watched the movie, Avatar. We shared the chips that I brought earlier and a cola. I was wondering why he was so laid-back about it but didn’t bother asking.

Just then, a kissing scene flashed on the screen and I choked on what I was eating. I reached out to grab the cola, only to end up holding Kai’s hand because I think he was supposed to hand it to me. We stared at each other and my eyes widened. Slowly, he leaned in and I flashed back to the time Baekho kissed me. His lips were pressed into mine before I knew it, but it only lasted for a second because—

“YAH!” A pillow was thrown at our direction and I looked up to see Kimin running down the staircase. I bit my lip as my face heated up. “YOU GUYS, the kingdom is in trouble and the two of you are here having a lovey-dovey scene?!” She hit Kai with the pillow repeatedly before Baekhyun came and held her back. She wasn’t mad but her eyebrows were in danger of disappearing into her hairline. It was so funny that it made me burst out laughing. “I knew it! I know I shouldn’t have left the two of you alone, that’s why there wasn’t much noise coming from here. Aish, tell me, are you guys dating?!”

“Don’t be such a er and let’s go now before more damage would be done.” Baekhyun muttered making us snicker. I know the mood should be sad or something like that but we ended up making it funnier. “And you, Kai, too bad you’d be going with me. The kingdom needs you. You can continue your lovey-dovey session later.”

“Look who’s the er now,” Kai rolled his eyes and finally stood up. Lu Han called them up from upstairs and we all went there. My eyes widened when I saw what happened to my room. The lights were closed but there was something lighting it up, a portal was made on one of the walls. Luhan was already waiting. When we arrived, he already entered and magically disappeared. “Don’t miss me too much, I’d go kick some asses and come back to continue what happened earlier.” He said and I flicked him on the forehead.

“Shut up and protect your kingdom properly. Look after Kimin too because I wouldn’t be there. If she comes back with a scratch, your will be kicked.” I muttered and Kimin chuckled. I sighed and came to hug her. “Take care. I wish I could be there.”

“Minjae, we’d try our best to send you information about the bad guys. Please, if you see them, avoid them as much as you can. The rest of the boys are already there, even Kyungsoo. You still have Ren, Minhyun, and JR, right? Take care of yourself.” Baekhyun said as he patted my head. I nodded and wished him good luck.

I felt myself tearing up but I know I should be strong and just pray for their safe comeback. Kimin took one last glance at me before entering the portal after Baekhyun. Kai was the last one to enter and he seemed to be waiting for something. I raised my eyebrow at him and hit him playfully on the shoulder.

“Alright, alright, I’ll be leaving. Take care and we’d be back soon.” He said. He entered one leg first before taking one last glance and he finally entered the rest of his body.

 I waited for the portal to magically disappear, but instead, it just stayed there. I blinked.

They forgot to tell me how to deactivate this thing.

Kimin’s POV

“Welcome to hell.” I stared at the scene in front of me and my jaws dropped. If there weren’t fireballs flying around, I could say this place looked like Earth. The people too looked just like humans, if they weren’t giving that weird aura.

I glanced at Baekhyun and he just had that smug look on. I thought he’d look worried about the fireballs flying around and the houses that were already on fire.

“This place needs a makeover.”

FIN


Finally, the end of The Heir’s Muse. Don’t worry, there’s still part 2 and I hope you’d anticipate it since BAP and another idol group would be there. LOL. The ending seemed to be more of a comedy instead of a drama. OTL. I hope you’d subscribe to the second part of this.

The Heir’s Muse | The Heir’s Muse 2: Battlefield