Part Four

The Heir's Muse

 

Minjae’s POV

As soon as the sun rose the next morning, we were ordered to go home already because the teachers got alarmed of Jinkyung’s disappearance. My body was still aching a little bit because of the impact but other than that, everything felt normal. I noticed that Baekho suddenly got into protective mode and he was suspicious of everyone, even his friends.

We rode the bus and were allowed to sit anywhere we liked. I sat beside Kimin, she was on the seat next to the window. Baekhyun and Kai were sitting behind us. Baekho and Ren argued with Chanyeol and JR for the seat in front of us but they lost, so they sat next to Baekhyun and Kai.

“Where do you think Jinkyung had disappeared into? I mean, her plan didn’t go through and I’m pretty sure she’d be back, I hope it’s not soon though.” Kimin muttered and I silently nodded. I bet Jinkyung would come up with an even bigger plan but I hope Kimin doesn’t get harmed or else I’d do anything, even if it takes risking my own life. “Aren’t you curious?”

“Curious about what?” I tilted my head in confusion.

“If this is all true, if I am really his muse…don’t you think I’d have some powers?” After she asked that, I started chuckling. Really, this was the only thing that bothered her? “I know it’s weird, but I hope I could have something to protect me and the people around me. I don’t want you, or my family, to get hurt just because I’m his muse.”

“I don’t know, I hope you don’t get invisibility powers though, or if you do, don’t dare troll on me.” We both burst into fits of laughter. I’m glad that she wasn’t getting depressed or totally freaked out by this. I know she’s strong.

Someone cleared their throat from my side and I glanced up to see Baekhyun. I blinked before I raised my eyebrow at him and he pursed his lips.

“Minjae…uhm, can we exchange seats, please?” He asked. I smirked and this time, he was the one who raised his eyebrow.

“Why?” I chuckled as I saw him squirmed uncomfortably. I stood up although I could hear Kimin protesting quietly and I shoved him to my sit. “Good luck, man.”

I proceeded to the sit next to Kai, I saw Baekho following my moves with his eyes but I just shrugged it off. Kai was sitting directly behind Kimin and his head was leaning on the window, I don’t know if he was sleeping but his eyes were closed. I sat as quietly as possible and leaned my back on the chair as I looked around.

“What are you doing here?” My eyes widened and I glanced at Kai and he opened an eye before sitting straight up and glanced at me. “Do you think I’d fall asleep immediately after riding the bus?” I furrowed my eyebrows and hit him playfully on the arm.

“Hey, you’re already speaking informally to me, huh?” I glared.

“Why? I’m way older than you, can’t I do that?” He said with a smug look on his face. I sighed. “Looks like they’re getting along already.” I gave him a curious look and he just grinned. “I could hear them and Baekhyun’s trying to be playful with her. I hope he doesn’t raise the topic about what happened though, or else the atmosphere would change.”

Suddenly, I felt something small hit the side of my head and I turned to where it came from. It was from Baekho, he was chuckling as he ate his popcorn. Damn, that guy wouldn’t stop teasing me, would he? He’s such a child. And who the hell will eat popcorn at this time?!

“He really likes you, huh?” I barely heard what Kai whispered but I gasped at him. He rolled his eyes. “I didn’t know that you’re this naïve.”

“That’s not true, he’s just annoying me.” I sighed. “So let’s change the topic. I don’t want to talk about it anymore.” Unfortunately, the atmosphere got darker because of it. There was a long period of silence before he spoke up.

“I…you.” I didn’t quite catch what he said and I turned to him with a raised eyebrow. He was looking out the window.

“What?” I said and I heard him sigh as he turned to me, his face was all serious.

“I said I like you.”

My eyes widened as we stared at each other. The awkward silence was back, until someone came barging in our direction and grabbed Kai by the collar. My eyes widened at Baekho’s furious expression and I looked around, everyone was silent and was watching the scene.

“BWOH?!”

Kimin’s POV

I glanced at the commotion going on behind us. I didn’t quite hear what Jongin said but I saw Baekho going to them, his face was red from anger. Baekhyun and I exchanged glances.

“Say it again! Repeat what you said earlier!” Baekho roared, the teacher that was in the front was quite speechless, Mr. Kang was on a different class and this teacher was a new face so she didn’t know what to do. Jongin didn’t speak back and I saw Minjae with a panicked expression on her face. “Repeat it before I beat you up.”

Jongin sighed and looked up with a straight face on. “I said I like her.”

My jaws dropped as Baekho threw a punch across his face. Jongin didn’t fight back and Minjae was already trying to stop them but Baekho was too angry to notice her. I stood up from my sit to help but Baekhyun held me back. If Jongin fights back, he might just use his power.

“No, he wouldn’t be able to use his powers, not in front of all this students.” Baekhyun muttered. “Let me help these two jerks.” He stood up and threw a punch towards Baekho, causing the other students to shriek. I used this as an opportunity to get close to Minjae and she was obviously startled.

“Are you stupid? Are you that insensitive?” Baekhyun muttered as he gave the two a glare. “Didn’t you hear Minjae telling the two of you to stop already? We’re still inside a school property and you’d get sanctions for doing this. Did you have to really to do it here? We’ll have a talk later.” With that, Ren took Baekho back to their seat and Baekhyun took Jongin.

Jongin had a busted lip and a bruise under his eyes but other than that, he was fine. Baekho too, he didn’t even have a scratch because Jongin didn’t fight back.

“What did I get myself into?” I heard Minjae sigh as she buried her face into her hands.

***

We all went home afterwards with Kyungsoo coming with Minjae since they were neighbors. I don’t know if Baekhyun had talked with the two but they disappeared in my sight as soon as they got off the bus. The scene was the talk of the class and I could tell it would spread through the whole school by tomorrow.

“Xiumin would be disappointed when we get back.” I glanced behind me to see Sehun as he grinned at me. I stared at him and he just continued grinning. “Xiumin is like the oldest of all the Guardians, I’m pretty sure if he finds out what happened with Kai, or Jongin for you, I’m sure he’d replace him for awhile. I hope it isn’t Tao.”

“What? How many Guardians are there all in all?” I asked. “And what are you doing here?”

“There are twelve. And I’m here to send you home, that’s my purpose after all.” He said as he rolled his eyes.  “You’d love to meet the others. But we’d introduce them to you later on.”

This time, it was my turn to roll my eyes.

“Yeah, it’s not like I already accepted this wholeheartedly.”

Minjae’s POV

I stared at my phone that’s been buzzing on top of my bedside table. I’m pretty sure it was just Baekho trying to apologize. I rolled on my bed and grabbed it lazily, I read the sender’s name, I was right. But before I could open the message, the phone rang and it was from an unknown number.

“Hello?” I waited patiently for the other person to answer. My eyes widened and I almost dropped the phone. I regained my composure as I cleared my voice.

“Lu Han, it’s been a while.” 


 

AN: Update after awhile! I guess this would be the first part of the trilogy I'm planning. Haha, I hope you like the story. I'm not sure when it's going to end though. Oh, don't worry, Lu Han wouldn't be added on the Kai-Minjae-Baekho love line, that'd be too complicated. I just wanted to show the other Guardians. Hehe. Feedback, please. And please read my Rom-Com Lu Han x Kai x OC fic, Tangled Up!