Part Six

The Heir's Muse

I dreaded going to school that morning, I know Baekho would still come to say goodbye to the other people in class and the teachers. For sure, I’d be totally awkward and would completely avoid him. I sighed as I fixed my uniform and checked myself out on the mirror. I touched my lips when I remembered what happened last night and for some reason, something urged me to grab my stuff and go to school already.

I saw Kyungsoo just about to head his way to my house and we awkwardly walked together.

When we arrived at school, Kimin was at the front gates together with Baekhyun and Sehun. She waved me over when she saw me and I quickly caught up with them.

“Hey! You weren’t replying to my messages last night.” She muttered. Last night, because I couldn’t sleep, I just used my computer and listened to music. I left my phone in silent on top of my bedside table and I didn’t even glanced at it, the only time I did was when my alarm rang.

“Sorry, I slept early.” I said, I didn’t want to tell her what happened since I know she’d give a huge reaction about it. “What’s up? Let’s go to class already.”

“I heard Baekho was leaving for overseas tomorrow, didn’t he say anything about it?”

I sighed again. “Did he come to school?”

“Yeah, he was in the classroom earlier, he’s even dressed in his uniform,” There was a tone of sadness on her voice and I know that she’d grown fond of him, too. And as if a light bulb had lit up in her head, her eyes widened. “Your cousin’s coming tomorrow, right?” I glanced at Baekhyun, Sehun, and Kyungsoo, and they didn’t react about it. “That’s just—I can’t believe it. I mean, even though he’s always making fun of you, he’s been a good friend, right?”

“Right.” I muttered. I glanced at my wristwatch. “Hey, let’s go to the classroom already. The bell will almost ring. Let’s talk about this later.”

And just like that, I took heavy steps going to the classroom.

Kimin’s POV

There was something off about Minjae today and I know it must be something about Baekho’s departure. Even though she hasn’t admitted it, I know that he has a special place in her heart already. Everything’s just going on fast, first, Baekhyun arrives then they tell me that I’m his muse, and now, Baekho’s leaving for another country and wouldn’t be returning soon.

The classroom felt gloomy because Baekho’s group was the mood makers but they’re the saddest right now. Chanyeol attempted to lighten up the atmosphere but everyone just ignored him.

I glanced at Jongin but he still had the same, straight face. I’m sure there’s a part of him that’s feeling happy because his rival was leaving, but of course he wouldn’t let it show.

Suddenly, something flew to our direction and landed on Minjae’s table. Fortunately, the teacher was facing the board and wouldn’t be able to see the paper airplane. I glanced behind us to see Baekho as he was in the process of making another one.

I looked at Minjae and after she had read it, she folded it nicely and slid it inside her bag. After a few seconds, the second paper airplane landed on her desk again and she frowned. She opened and read it again before taking out a sheet of paper and pen.

I didn’t want to look at what she was writing so instead, I tried to look at what was written on the board. After a few minutes, I turned and saw her folding it into a paper heart. She passed it behind and mumbled something to Baekhyun before facing the board again, when she noticed that I was looking, she just grinned.

I knew it. These two must be secretly dating.

*

The classes ended and I fell asleep for the last part of the class. I wiped the sweat on my forehead and looked around, nobody was left but Minjae’s stuff was still on the table. I grabbed my things that I was going to put on the locker. Just as I turned the corner before the lockers, I bumped into someone. I glanced up and it was Jongin, he looked at me but didn’t say anything. He didn’t even move, so I looked at what he was staring at and saw Minjae and Baekho talking.

“Sorry for last night, if you were taken aback,” Baekho mumbled. Last night? I waited for Minjae to reply but she was just looking down the floor. “I guess this really is the last time that we would talk, but it’d only be for two years. I’m hoping that you’d be the one picking me up on the airport in two years.”

“...I’ll miss your bullying.” Minjae chuckled as she finally looked up. Baekho grinned at her and flicked her at her forehead and she winced. “Yah! That hurt!” She glared at him.

“Why don’t you just admit that you like me back so I could stay?” He said and everything went silent as she looked on the floor again and shifted the weight of her body on her other foot. “Okay, that was awkward. I won’t be asking that again. But just so you know, my heart would be waiting, alright?” He pulled her into a hug and my eyes widened. Jongin stepped back, almost forgetting that I was standing behind him, but fortunately, I moved just at the right time. “I’ll miss you and I don’t want to be a drama king anymore so,” He let her go. “See you in two years.”

“See you.” She smiled genuinely at him and somehow, Jongin had moved again and it made me lost hold of my stuff, causing it to drop. I picked it up and was ready to run when Minjae called out my name. “Since when were the two of you standing there?” She said with an eyebrow raised. I chuckled nervously.

“I was—“

“Don’t misunderstand us, alright, we’re not dating” Baekho said, I think he noticed Jongin’s jealousy. “yet.” He added with a chuckle. “Come here, bro! Make sure you’d look after her and if you make her cry, I swear I’d take the earliest flight back to Seoul.” He ran up to Jongin and embraced him. “And you, I hope you and Baekhyun would live happily ever after.” He chuckled as he hugged me. , I could feel myself tearing up. “Hey, don’t cry! Two years is just a short time! Just imagine that I’m going to the army. Why isn’t anyone crying for Aron?”

We all burst out laughing. After that, he told us to go to the classroom to go pick up our stuff and go home already.

“Whoa, since when has Baekhyun been there?” Baekho said and I peeked inside the classroom to see Baekhyun leaning on the window. When he heard us, he turned around and grabbed his stuff; the rest of us grabbed our stuff too.

Afterwards, Baekho picked up a phone call and hurriedly walked away, saying that his parents would be picking him up.

“See you tomorrow, Kimin, I swear I’d answer your text messages later.” Minjae muttered as she bid goodbye, Jongin was walking behind her and I think he’d send her home, leaving me with Baekhyun. I blinked at him and he grabbed my hand, intertwining his fingers with mine again, just like last time.

“Let’s go to Namsan Tower for our first date.”

I glanced at him and my eyes widened.

“This is the only time I’d use my powers on you, hold my head tightly and close your eyes. Don’t open it unless I tell you.” I closed my eyes and after a minute, I felt something tingly go around my body. I squeezed his hand, terrified of what it was. “You can open your eyes now.” I slowly opened my eyes and I could feel the breeze. My eyes widened and a grin had appeared on my face as I took in Seoul’s night view. “Is this ok for our first date?”

“It’s perfect.” I muttered and I face-palmed myself mentally after I said that. I could feel him staring at me and my face heated up. “Uh…do you want to try the locks?”

“Haven’t you noticed…we own this place for the night?” He muttered and I looked around. True enough, we were the only people in there. Uh, people with powers definitely have a lot of advantage. He suddenly hugged me from behind which caught me off guard. “You’re already my muse, you have to get used to this, and as your future husband, I’m going to prove to you that it’d be worth it giving me your heart.”

“Baekhyun, can’t we take things slowly?”

“I just wanted to prove to you how much I like you.” He sighed and I could feel his breathe on the back of my neck. “And we have to get married soon.”

“What--?”

“And I have to introduce you to my father, to my mother, to the rest of the class, and we have to make cute little bab—“ I turned around and shut him off by putting my finger on his lips. He chuckled and somehow, it made me laugh too because he’s been trying really hard this past few days to be playful and unintimidating to me. I think it worked a bit. “Imagine little Baekhyuns playing—“

“Yah! That’s too much.” I furrowed my eyebrows. “It’s too early to be talking about that.”

He closed the gap between us as he hugged me. It felt comfortable though it surprised me abit, but like what he said, I had to get used to it.

“I’m so glad that you’re my muse.”