Part Three

The Heir's Muse

 

The hiking already started and it was terribly awkward. Kai was quiet, like usual, and Baekho’s the same, only it was unusual for me. I have noticed that he tried attempting to speak once in awhile but he ends up shutting his mouth, which made me frown. If he hadn’t said that offensive words to Jinkyung, I wouldn’t have snapped at him. It’s partly his fault, right?

“,” I cursed as I tripped on a branch of a tree on the ground. I fell forward and I held on my ankle as I felt the pain shot up. What the hell, I just tripped on that and I already have twisted my ankle?! I bit my lip as I glanced at the other students who were already ahead of us. I tried standing up again but I only fell back because of pain.

“Are you alright?!” Baekho asked worriedly as he kneeled in front of me. I didn’t respond, I don’t want to look weak but I have no choice. “Jongin, could you please catch up with them and tell them that she’s injured?”

Kai who was kneeling also stood up and glanced around. I looked back again and the other students are not there anymore. Didn’t they notice that have happened? I also didn’t know that we’re already the last in the line.

“Damn, would you hurry up so you could catch up with them?! Alright, stay here with her and I’d be back.” Baekho muttered.

“No, Baekho. You’re going to be lost. It’s already a little dark,” I said. “Can I borrow any of your phones? I left mine on the base-camp.” He threw his phone towards me and I caught it just as he run past us and towards the forest. “BAEKHO!” He’s so stubborn.

“I guess he can already handle himself if he had run into that area all by himself. Come on, I’m going to heal that for you.” Kai muttered and I looked at him confusingly. He glanced at me and smirked. “I have powers, too, you know. That includes healing since the heir couldn’t heal himself. He still hasn’t developed his powers that much.”

“Thanks, Kai.” I muttered as I watched his body light up and I felt something warm on my injured foot. After a few seconds, the light disappeared and he was staring at me as if he’s waiting for me to check if it’s okay. I stood up slowly and surprisingly, it did. “Now that it’s fixed, should we go and follow-“

“Something’s wrong.” Kai muttered as he frowned. I felt my heart racing as I glanced at the forest. “, the heir’s in trouble.” I didn’t respond as I watched him kneeled in front of me with his back facing me. “Come on, I’ll give you a ride.”

“W-what?”

He glanced at me and I could tell he’s already getting impatient; I had no choice left but to ride his back.

And I don’t exactly remember what happened, the next thing I know, we’re already standing in front of Baekho, the rest of the Guardians, Baekhyun, and Jinkyung attacking Kimin.

Kimin’s POV

I thought that the hiking was doing well. We were all having quietly following the teachers, that was, until they seemed to have magically disappeared from our sight. Sehun and Baekhyun, I noticed that they tensed up as Jinkyung showed up. Without Minhyun. I glanced behind us, Minjae, Baekho and Kai weren’t there.

“Kimin-ah!” I heard a familiar voice and I turned to the direction of where it was coming from, it was Baekho. “Kimin, Minjae’s—“

Suddenly, Baekhyun and Sehun’s in front of me like they’re forming a barrier. I looked over their shoulders to see Jinkyung as she lit up. I mean, there’s like a scarlet red light surrounding her body and her eyes… her eyes are all white. My jaws dropped and I glanced at Baekho, he had the same reaction as me.

After that, the rest of Baekhyun’s friends appeared, except Jongin.

“Baekhyun-ah, you can’t protect your muse forever.” Jinkyung cackled. I couldn’t look her in the eye because it was scaring me a lot.

“I’ll explain things to you later, but for now, you better be safe.” Baekhyun grabbed my hands and tried to shove me to where the rest of the boys are, but Jinkyung had appeared next to me and she grabbed me by the neck. “Lilith, let her go!” Lilith?

“HA! Let her go? Let her go?! You think I’d do that?!” Her eyes returned to normal but her glare was piercing. I was already struggling to breathe.

“KIMIN!” I could see from the corner of my eyes that Jongin had appeared with Minjae on his back. Her eyes showed shock at first, before it turned into anger. She tried to get near but I saw Kai stopped her. “No! NO! Let me go! She’s going to kill her!” She tried to pry Jongin’s grip from herself but I know Jongin is strong.

I saw a smirk appeared on Jinkyung, or Lilith’s face as she let me go. She turned to go to Minjae’s direction but I tackled her. She groaned and she pushed me off harshly and I landed on my back. Baekhyun helped me stood up as he glanced at his friends and that was when all hell broke loose.

Each of the boys had different colors that outlined their bodies. The others formed a barricade around Baekhyun who was furious. I watched with wide eyes, am I really dreaming? Did these boys have special powers all this time?

And somehow, Baekho got involved in the fight.

He tackled her to the ground but she quickly rolled over and got on top of him. She choked him by tightly holding her grasp on his neck and I could tell that Baekho was going to lose oxygen soon. Minjae pushed her off and that’s when she directed her light on her, sending her flying off a few meters into a tree and she fell unconscious.

“MINJAE!” Me and Baekho shouted at the same time.

Jongin furiously sent his powers to Jinkyung and she was caught off guard and got overwhelmed by it, causing her to lose her consciousness also.

“, she’s bleeding.” Baekho muttered and I could’ve sworn I saw his eyes tear up. “This is my entire fault. If only I— If—“

“I’m bringing her to base camp.” Jongin said with a solemn look on his face, he scooped her up from the ground and held her bridal style before he disappeared into thin air.

I clenched my fists as I stood up and went to Baekhyun, sending my fist to his face. He looked taken a back for a second before he regained his composure.

“You bastard! What was this all about?!” I muttered. “Tell me I’m dreaming. Tell me!”

Sehun who was standing behind me grabbed me by the shoulders.

“Let’s go back to base camp.” Sehun muttered. “Chanyeol, you bring Baekho.”

Minjae’s POV

When I opened my eyes again, familiar faces were standing on top of me and they gasped when they noticed I was awake. I tried standing up but I felt something painful on my back and on the back of my head.

Then I remembered Kimin getting attacked by Jinkyung.

“Kimin! Where’s Kimin?” I asked frantically, Baekho came to my side after appearing with Chanyeol. “Baekho, are you alright? Where is she?”

“I’m fine, she’s alright, too. She’s with Sehun and they’re having a talk. So it’s best not to bother them right now, and you should worry about yourself.” He leaned down to whisper something in my ear. “Jinkyung has used her power on you and maybe you’re weak right now.”

“What about the Heir?”

“Baekhyun’s perfectly fine. Not even a scratch on the bastard.” I blinked at him, how did he know…? “Chanyeol explained everything to me.”

“Who brought me back here?” I saw him stiffened up. “Was it Jongin?”

“Yeah.” He muttered quietly. “Uhm, if you need everything, I’m just outside. Just call out my name, alright?”

Was he…? No, it couldn’t be possible. Unless he was serious about liking me all this time.

Kimin’s POV

“You’re telling me that I’m,” I paused as I thought carefully about the words that I’m about to say. “That I’m his future wife?” I saw Sehun nodded and I felt my heart drop to my stomach. “And you’re also telling me that all this time, you’re not humans at all?”

“I hope you understand. This is also something that we, even Baekhyun, didn’t decide. It was his father that decided it. He could not disobey it no matter what, though I think he really likes you now.” He said as he smiled at me. “And I think someone likes someone too.” I raised my eyebrows him, he was looking behind us and I glanced at it too. It was Jongin as he paced back and forth in front of our tent. “That sly guy, he’s going to fight it with Baekho.”

“So this is it, huh?” I tried to force myself to look at things with a positive view but I couldn’t. “Starting from now, my life’s not going to be normal.”

He smiled at me as he patted my head and it helped me felt better a bit.

“Don’t worry, we, the Guardians, will try to make it as normal as possible for you.” He chuckled.

“Jongin, Chanyeol, Sehun, Suho, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, Baekho, Minjae, and Kimin, I need to have a word with all of you.” Mr. Kang muttered with a glare. Oh well. “Oh, and Jinkyung too, Jinkyung! Where’s she?”

Sigh. If only the teachers knew.  



 

AN: Hehe. I hope you liked it though I think it's shorter than the first two chapters. Puahaha. MinKai couple~