Part One

The Heir's Muse

Kimin’s POV

I trudged my way to the bus stop, maybe because it was Monday but it felt gloomy. It feels like it’s going to rain but when I looked up, the sky was clear and I could tell the weather today was going to be good. I sighed as I grabbed my mp3 player and placed the earphones on my ears. I chose an upbeat song and it made me feel a bit better.

As I reached the bus stop, I spotted a guy from my school, I guess. He was wearing the uniform that the boys in school wore, and just like me, I guess he was listening to music too. I eyed him before standing a bit close. I scrutinized his appearance and I could tell that he was good-looking though he wasn’t familiar to me. Maybe he was a new student. What bothers me is the aura he gives off; he had a straight face on and it’s like he isn’t approachable.

“Isn’t it rude to stare at people?” I jumped when he spoke up; I quickly looked away and noticed that the bus was already there. He rode first and I followed behind him, he sat at the very back and I sat in the middle, I glanced at him and shuddered as I noticed him staring at me. He didn’t even look away when my eyes met his.

I noted to myself that I should probably ignore him when I meet him in school again.

Minjae’s POV

I looked outside the window which was beside my seat; fortunately, our homeroom teacher had assigned me this seat which was an advantage to me. I can easily sleep whenever I want and I can just daydream to ignore the other people from the class. I sighed as I checked my watch, there’s ten minutes left before the warning bell will go off and Kimin isn’t here yet.

I stood up from my seat and made my way to the door when someone blocked it. I looked up and clenched my fists as the class’ bully stared at me with a smirk. His name is Baekho and ever since our freshmen year, and it seems that it’s been his hobby to bother me.

“Where are you going, little miss?” He muttered as he held out his arms to the side to completely block the door. I glared at him which made him snicker. “Oh, are you looking for your best friend? Too bad. I think she’s going to be late.”

“Move.” I muttered.

“Baekho, let her go.” I loosened my clenched fists as Baekho’s other friends arrived. Thankfully, they aren’t like him and it makes me curious. Baekho loves bullying people while his other friends, except JR, don’t like meddling with other peoples’ business. “Aren’t you getting tired of doing that?” Ren rolled his eyes as they went to their seats.

I went out the door as soon as Baekho moved out and followed them to their seats. I went to the front gates of the school and saw the other students running so they could enter the school before the first bell rings. Then I spotted Kimin as she calmly walked, ha, she might be listening to music that’s why she’s so relaxed. I then noticed the guy walking behind him and I shuddered, his stare was so scary that I immediately looked away.

“Kimin!” I called out and she removed her earphones when she noticed me. “Yah, there’s only a few minutes left. Walk faster, would you?” She tilted her head in confusion before dashing to our direction. I chuckled as we started walking back inside the school. “Who was the guy behind you? So creepy.” She glanced behind us before she turned to me.

“I don’t know, don’t you think he’s new? I wish he isn’t in our class.” She muttered and the guy suddenly walked past us. Kimin and I exchanged glances, except for Ren, nobody’s been that mysterious in this school.

Kai’s POV

I walked behind Baekhyun as he entered one of the classrooms, everyone but him can’t see and hear me. He’s the devil’s son and we were sent to guard him, too, to make sure he doesn’t mess up. He’s in a mission to find his muse, and that muse studies in this school.

“I bet she’s naïve.” I muttered as Baekhyun sat on an empty seat, causing a group of guys nearby to send him glares. “And I bet you’re going to be in trouble in your first day, looks like somebody already has that seat.”

Baekhyun glared at me and through his thoughts, he muttered, ‘Shut up, Kai. I can fend for myself.’

I rolled my eyes, “Fine. If you get beaten up on your first day, don’t dare blame me.”

He didn’t reply anymore and I looked at the direction on where he was staring, his muse and her friend had entered the classroom and they both looked shocked when they saw him. They walked to their seats, which was on the other side of the classroom, and started casting worried glances at our direction. I glanced at Baekhyun and chuckled.

“You’re going to scare off your muse with that scowl.”

He glanced at me before standing up. ‘Shut up. Go find yourself a muse so you would be quiet.’ He went to seat behind the two girls.

They didn’t glance at him anymore.

Kimin’s POV

“So you guys have noticed that we have a new student today, right? Byun Baekhyun, may you introduce yourself in front of the class?” Our homeroom teacher, Mr. Kang said. I glanced behind me and Baekhyun stood up before walking to the front of the class. He bowed deeply before glancing around at the classroom; he then stared at me as he started talking.

“My name’s Byun Baekhyun and I am glad to meet you all.” He said before walking back to his seat, leaving an awkward silence that surrounded the room. Mr. Kang cleared his throat as he started talking about stuff.

After that, the classes went on smoothly and soon, it was already lunch break. I stood up and waited for Minjae to finish fixing her things. She grabbed her lunchbox and we made our way to the cafeteria. When we entered, I suddenly felt stuffy inside and I gulped on my water from my jug.

“I guess instead of being scared of him, should we just try to be friends with him?” Minjae said as she ate her lunch. “I mean, look, poor him. He doesn’t have friends.” I glanced at where she was looking and saw Baekhyun eating alone two tables away from us.

“Of course he doesn’t, he’s new, remember? Unless he’s popular,” I said and she just shrugged. “Yah, look who’s coming, your number one admirer and his minions.” I snickered.

“What-“

“Annyeong, Minjae-ah, mind if we eat with you?” Baekho said, I glanced at Minjae and she frowned at him. Even though she didn’t say anything, the rest of the boys sat with us on the table. Ren and Baekho sat beside her while Minhyun, JR, and Aaron sat beside me. “It’s like a group date, isn’t it?” Baekho said as he nudged Minjae.

“Shut up, just eat, would you?” She glared at him. “And since when have you been speaking politely?”

“JR said it’s a way to get your heart.” Minhyun snickered. Baekho glanced at him and muttered something before throwing grains of rice to him, I made a disgusted face and they stopped. “We apologize for Baekho’s childishness.”

“Bwoh!?”

Baekhyun’s POV

“Look who’s having fun.” I glanced at Kai before looking at the table where my muse was seating together with her friend and a group of boys. I could feel my grip tighten on the cup that was holding and eventually, I had crumpled it. I let out an angry sigh which made Kai snicker. “When are you going to make your first move? I mean, she’s noticed you already. Do you need a little push?” I glanced at him and he had a smirk on.

“What are you planning to do?” I whispered. I didn’t want anybody to think that I was talking to myself just because they couldn’t see Kai.

“You’ll see it tomorrow.”

Kimin’s POV

The next day, I arrived earlier than Minjae in school and Baekho was looking for her, just like what I expected. I only shrugged and went to my seat. After a few seconds, our homeroom teacher arrived, which was a shock to all of us since he, and the other teachers, never arrived early, they usually come after the last bell rings.

“Class, listen up.” He muttered. I glanced at the door and Minjae wasn’t still arriving. “You’ll have five new classmates today.” The classroom was filled with murmurs and I was curious too. Five new students? Baekhyun had only arrived yesterday and we’re going to have new students again? “I know it’s kind of shocking but all of them requested to be in this class. I expect you all to treat them properly.” I glanced at the door and Minjae arrived, with a boy behind him.

She took her seat and the guy sat next to her, I gave her a curious look and she only sighed.

“He’s a new student. He just moved next door last night and after my parents found out that he’s going to our school, they said that I should be like his guide.” She sighed. “You know, he’s kind of mysterious but he’s different than Baekhyun, he can speak.” I chuckled a bit when she said that. She then turned to him. “DO, make yourself comfortable, ok?”

“Just call me Kyungsoo.” He said.

Mr. Kang glanced at him but didn’t say anything. Soon enough, Baekhyun arrived and when he saw DO, or Kyungsoo, his eyes widened. Do they sort of know each other?

Class started even though the rest of the new students have arrived. I noticed that Mr. Kang kept casting glances at the door and for some reason, he looked nervous.

The homeroom period was almost done when some guy barged in inside the classroom, Mr. Kang stopped talking and all of glanced at the door, and four boys walked in and stood up at the back of the classroom. I glanced at Baekho and his group and I could tell Minhyun and Baekho were pissed. I could sense some competition would start between Baekho’s group and the new boys.

“Boys, would you kindly introduce yourself in front of the class?” Mr. Kang said with a sigh. The boys walked to the front of the room and I noticed that some of the girls were already drooling. What the hell.

“My name’s Kim Jongin.”

“I’m Sehun.”

“I’m Suho.”

“Annyeong, my name’s Park Chanyeol. I’m glad to meet you all.” The last guy said with a smile. I guess he’s the only approachable one out of them all. The rest all had the same vibes that Baekhyun has. I glanced at D.O. and he stood up to follow them to the front, Chanyeol put an arm around him and chuckled.

“I’m Kyungsoo.”

I glanced at Baekhyun and he was glaring at them. He must know them in some way.

Third Person POV

“So boys, just get some seats from the classroom at the end of the hallway. It’s not hard to find since it’s an empty one. After that, seat wherever you want. Your first period will start in a few minutes so hurry up.” Mr. Kang said as he dismissed the class. ‘No wonder they got kicked out from their previous school.’ He thought to himself as he exited the room.

“She’s really something.” Chanyeol muttered as soon as they started getting seats from the classroom. “Did you guys see Baekhyun? He’s in a fury.”

“He’ll kill me once we have an alone time.” Kai said. “Yah, Chanyeol. Don’t go around causing trouble, alright? You’re going to help Baekhyun capture his muse’s heart since you’re the only Casanova in the group. If that won’t help, we’d need back-up.”

“Back up? You mean, Lu Han and the others?” Chanyeol snickered. “Tao would just scare the muse off.”

Before they could enter the classroom, Baekho and his group was standing on the doorway. The boys exchanged glances, it was only the first day and they had to control themselves or else their powers might kill the kids.

“Excuse me, if it isn’t obvious, we need to bring the chairs inside.” Suho spoke up, the others glanced at him and he just ignored them. “We wouldn’t want to cause trouble on our first day, so please, just wait until tomorrow.”

“Let’s get back on our seats, Baekho. Let’s not waste our time on them.” Aaron said. Baekho glared at them before following the others back to their seat.

“He sure is spicing things up.” Sehun said as they placed their seats around Baekhyun. Somehow, Chanyeol had made the boy sitting next to Kimin to move and he placed his seat there. ‘Unfair, how can you sit there? Baekhyun will be angry.’

‘What? He’s not going to open up the ground or something.’ Chanyeol rolled his eyes.

“What do you think are you guys doing?” Baekhyun finally spoke up which made the others focus their attention on him. ‘I can fend for myself! Do you guys have to appear here all of a sudden?!’ He clenched his fists, and suddenly, the skies outside turned grey and the sound of thunder surprised everyone.

‘Baekhyun, calm down. We’re doing this so you can easily get your muse.’ Kai glanced through the window worriedly. ‘Your father might think that something’s going on.’

‘How long are you going to stay here?’ Baekhyun calmed down a bit and the thunder stopped, although the sky was still the same.

‘Until you muster up all the courage to do what you’re supposed to do.’


A/N: I decided to cut it into two or three parts since it's too long. The next part would be posted soon. If there's something in the story that confuses you, just ask and I'll gladly clear it up for you. Oh and this way based on EXO's MAMA MV. LOL. By the way, the character chart on  the forewords was created by my best friend, kp1128! Isn't it good? Haha.