When Anxiety Hovered

It's an Accident

 

Now I’m sure I’m in a hospital,Nari thought as she first opened her eyes. And this means, the wedding didn’t really happen, she continued. Despite of being weak, she quickly sat up from the bed that made the people surprised.

 

“The wedding, it shouldn’t be postponed—“ she angled herself to get off from the bed but Kai held her fast on her shoulders.

 

“No, you’re still weak, Nari.” Her mother spoke up.

 

“Baekhyun, sure he’s waiting for me—“

 

“Nari, he’s just about to go here.” Kai added, there’s a point of certain hesitation in his voice. She wrinkled her forehead.

 

“We’ve just contacted my grandson, he’s on his way here.” Mi joined in.

 

“He’s not with Seungyeon a while ago, right? He did something else that’s why he didn’t come to the wedding.” Nari said desperately. Neither of the people there answered her, neither of them breathed lasting. “Okay, I understand. He was with her. It’s expected.” She laughed in exasperation. She switched her mood as she remembered her blood-stained hanbok. “My baby, how’s my baby? He’s totally fine right?” But they remained silent. Gayoon was the first time to crack an emotion, her teary eyes already pushed the droplets on her cheeks. “Why aren’t you answering me?”

 

“Your baby didn’t make it. He didn’t survive.” Her mother stood with courage.

 

“No, stop joking with me. My baby is still inside me!” she started yelling.

 

“Nari, stop. This is not good for you. Stop.” Kai grasped on her tightly but she didn’t stop on aiming to free herself. She was stopped in the hysteria only when the doctor injected tranquilizer to her. She was calm by action but her mind was clashing into war. Her six-month old baby is now gone. She wouldn’t get to see him sleep, his thumb, and hiccup. Her baby was almost in her reach, yet she became weak and did let go of the child.

 

Her eyes were half-opened, tiringly blinking while staring at nothing in the world. The door flew open, and all people inside saw Baekhyun, except for Nari. He was sweating on his forehead and neck, he looked tired and scared. Nari slowly turned her head to see him, with no emotions. “I’m sorry, I was late. How are you feeling?” she continued to stare at him blanklessly. The tensed feeling was present in the room. “Our baby, how’s my son?”

 

My son,she echoed in her mind, how dare you call him your son. Nari sat up, Baekhyun assisted her at her back but she slapped his hand. “You killed my baby! You killed him! Don’t come near me!!” She yelled, and everything that she could slap down to the floor, she slapped. The fruits rolled down. Post-traumatic stress was coming again.

 

“Baekhyun, let’s go outside.” Kai dragged him out. When they reached outside of the room, Kai slumped him against the wall, holding onto his collars. “You didn’t really think of coming, right?” he meant about the wedding. “You kept her from seeing me while you were free on dating Seungyeon. You’re just thinking of yourself, Baekhyun. You’re selfish! And I agreed on her, you did kill your own son.”

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

After some days in the hospital, Nari was brought to the house again. But all things were not in place. Everybody felt unwhole and missing. Even Hyunsoo couldn’t make Nari better. In fact, she didn’t like every sight of him. There was a feeling of great dislike when a child is around her. Children would just make her remember her baby who’s in heaven now. Sometimes she was wondering how would her child look like if she had a chance to give birth to him. Baekhyun and Seungyeon stole the chance away, far far away from her.

 

She was lying on her bed, back facing the door, but she didn’t turn to see the invader of her own world. It was a lot to bother, to think that she already knew who it was. The person walked to where she was facing, and put the tray down to the bed-side table.

 

“I brought soup. I know you’re hungry.” Baekhyun bent down to his knees and brushed her hair through his fingers but Nari kept on just blinking like a kid who’s not finding any interest on something. “I want to tell you something, if you’d like to know.” It was so silly of him but he really paused to expect an answer from the girl when he knew she wouldn’t. “I broke up with Seungyeon, so I’ll be staying here 24/7 to take care of you. And when you feel better, we’ll continue the wedding. So, you have to get well soon.” He said. Anxiety is eating her heart, he thought. He pressed his lips against her forehead and left the room with a last glance on her. If there would be someone to help him, he knew one person.

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

Nari didn’t touch the food. She wasn’t hungry at all, she wasn’t craving for anything in the earth. She was fast asleep but half-conscious, when she felt the door swung open, her eyes opened too.

 

“Nari.” From the voice of who’d spoken, she knew the person was different. She spun around and saw Kai sitting on the edge of the bed. “Don’t worry I’m here.” He hugged her, and to Baekhyun’s surprise that Nari hugged him back, he decided to go out, in fright to see more heartbreaking acts from the two.

 

“Kai,” she whispered. “Kai, get me out of this place.”

 

“I’ve talked to your mother a day ago. She agreed that you two will go with me in China. My family will be moving in there. I guess that will make you better. We’ll leave as soon as possible.”

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

Days had passed but still, there was no sign of Nari’s normal state—except when Kai is visiting her. He would just accept the fact that Kai is closer to her. But was there a time that he himself became close to her? He did nothing but to make her downcast. He would just accept the fact he’s jealous over him.

 

Our baby didn’t have a chance to use any of these,he thought as he looked around their supposed to be child’s room. He sat on the couch and found a little notebook and a pen on the other side of the furniture. He was sure they were Nari’s. Nari spends almost almost half a day there each day while waiting for the wedding to arrive. He started to read Nari’s notes.

 

Care too little, you will lose them. Care too much, you will get hurt. I was caring too much for your daddy, but I kept on being hurt. He has a girlfriend. Baby, you have to understand your daddy. Even if he’s caring too little for me, he will not lose me. I’ll be always right at his side.

 

He wiped his face with his hands in guilt. How come I didn’t understand her feelings? But it’s never too late, I’ll be the one taking care of her now.

 

“Hyung!” Hyunsoo appeared on the door. “Hyung, Nari noona is not in her room, I looked at her closet but her clothes aren’t there either.”

 

 

 

Shoot. Don’t tell me I’m already late.He was already running out of the room.

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Sorry for the late updateeeeeeeeeeeee =.=