Newsflash

It's an Accident

They were walking to the bus stop when Gayoon broke the silence. 

 

"Cheer up, Nari-ah. As the doctor said, your baby is a blessing. Think of it positively. Don't worry. I'll help you tell this to your mother. She'll understand." she said and brushed her back. Nari made a weak smile.

 

"I thought I was just being irregular, but the reason why I still don't have period is because I'm pregnant." Nari bit her lip.

 

"Don't down yourself, Nari, it isn't right for your baby. At least, your baby got a good-looking dad." Gayoon teased. Nri hissed. "Why? Don't tell me you don't find Byun Baekhyun hot and handsome?"

 

Nari shoved her bestfriend's hand. Then suddenly, the guy's face flashed in her mind. She would lie if she would say he's not good-looking. He was her crush, actually. But her admiration changed to embarrassment after the incident. The bus came and they went in.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

The next day, she put a lot of food in her bag, with her favorites, strawberry and banana milk, before going off, in case that she'll get hungry. "Hi baby. I brought a lot of food. We'll not starve later. Do you want to see your father? You'll see him later too. Your mom will be talking to him." she touched her stomach while her other hand held the ultrasound picture of her baby. She inserted it to one of her books and left the house. She rode the bus and stopped infront of her school. Eating while having a class is strictly prohibited but Nari insisted to eat. Gayoon didn't have any choice but to help her friend hide her foods. She noticed changes with Nari's attitude. She became bipolar and moody nowadays. She would shout in dismay because of their classmates. And when she's looking at the mirror, she would always tell herself ugly. "Gayoon!!!" she shouted when the bell rung, sign for lunch time.

 

"Nari? Stop shouting! I'm just right behind you!" Gayoon frowned. 

 

"My back hurts. I want to lie on my bed right now!" she exclaimed like she's about to cry.

 

"Don't go to the clinic. They might give you medicines. They're not good for--"
 

"Nevermind." she quickly changed her mood and turned.

 

"Look at this girl." Gayoon let out a sigh.

 

Nari passed out of te school building and walked to the quadrangle to breathe fresh air. She continued to gaze around but stopped when she saw two people sitting on a bench. She hid to a tree not far from the bench. "Baby. do you see that guy? He's your dad." She stared at them and she enlarged her eyes when they laughed and kissed. She was just shocked. She was sure of it. She pulled at her clothes and decided to walk to their pace. Nari was standing right infront of them when she started speaking. "Excuse me? Baekhyun-ssi, can I talk to you for a moment? Just an important thing." they fixed their eyes at her and gave her a confused look, especially Baekhyun who fixed his jaw.

 

"Go ahead, Baekhyun. It seems really important." Seungyeon tapped her boyfriend's shoulder to get up. Baekhyun rolled his eyes and stood up.

 

"Follow me." he snarled. She followed and ended up at the roof top of the building. He made sure they were the only people there. "What do you want?! Didn't I make myself clear to you? I told you not to go close to me, right?!"

 

"I know that. It's just that, you have to know something." she did her best to be clam.

 

"And what is it?" he waited for her to speak again. He tapped his foot on the floor impatiently. "Speed up. You're eating my time."

 

"I-I'm pregnent. And you're the father of my child." she stuttered. His eyes got bigger as of what he heard.

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

Nari was half way riding a bus when her phone beeped. She turned her gaze on it and read the messeage.

 

From: Gayoon

 

Nari-ah! Go here as fast as you can, understood? Quick!"

 

Hey eyebrows furrowed in curiousity. What's happening? She suddenly felt hungry again and took a milk flavored biscuit out of her bag and ate it. After she confessed to Baekhyun that she's bearing their child yesterday, he just left her alone at the roof top. How arrogant could he be to girls? She frowned. After 10 minutes, she was already walking through the field. She got more curious when everybody around her seemed to look at her, but she couldn't hear clearly their murmurs. Then a voice called behind her.

 

"Nari! Here! Gayoon yelled and swayed her hand telling her to come over. She walked and realized sea of students gathering at the bulletin board. They moved in to the people and went closer to the board. On the ampus news selection, she knew what the students were looking at. The campus headline: Byun Baekhyun got a co-senior pregnant. Together with a picture of them at the roof top yesterday. 

 

"Shoot." she mouthed.

 

"They say one of the shool journalists saw you up there and overheard your conversation." she explained. Nari ran off in shame. She stopped when a guy covered her way. 

 

"See what you've done?! Happy?" Baekhyun mocked.

 

"Do you think I like this either? Idiot." she glared and ran. She found herself at the roof top. She sat down. She wiped her face in over shame. Then she reached for her bag to get the ultrasound picture of her baby. Nari remembered inserting it to one of her books but even though how many times she looked inside the bag, the book wasn't there. "I know the picture is there. Aaaargh!" she exclaimed. "What the-- I think I forgot my book at home." she scowled and wiggled her feet in embarrassment. She was busy cursing Byun Baekhyun when her phone rung.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Hello Nari?" It was her uncle, helper in their ramen house. "Your mother is in the hospital. She fainted a while ago."

 

Great. I'm getting things worse than ever. She was already running out of the school.