Wrong Number

It's an Accident

 

Nari had finished unpacking her clothes from her duffel bag to the closet with the aid of the helper. The woman advised her not to go out of the room. She innocently nodded and chose to sit on the edge of the bed. She travelled her eyes around the room. It was a twice as the size of her room. But even if her own bed room was nothing to compare to where she is now, she would still choose the first. She jumped to her seat when a boy went out of the bathroom.

 

[A/N: Do you know Hyemi’s (Suzy of Miss A) younger sister in Dream High? The boy is with the same age as her. Or imagine Baek Sungjo’s (Kim Hyunjoong) little brother in Mischievous/Playful Kiss as him :3]

 

She widened her eyes as the child yawned. He isn’t a ghost, right? In a flash, they met each other’s gazes and screamed up. Nari crawled backwards to the headboard while the boy went inside the bathroom again. She stopped screaming when the old woman opened the door.

 

“What’s happening? Why are you so pale?” she asked.

 

“T-there’s a boy inside the bathroom.” She pointed shakingly at the door. The grandmother chuckled.

 

“Hyunsoo, get out of the bathroom, now. Stop creeping anywhere!” she ordered. And in seconds, the boy who caused her heart stomped appeared. “He’s not a ghost or anything. Hyunsoo is Baekhyun’s second cousin.” Nari sighed in relief.

 

“Mi! Who is that white lady?!” the boy nastily asked. What did he just call me?! Mi laughed again.

 

“What white lady are you talking about? She’s your Nari noona. And she’s your Baekhyun hyung’s wife to be.”

 

“Eh? But what about Seungyeon noona? I like her better than that white lady!” he yelled and ran outside. Nari grinned. Let’s hate each other Hyunsoo. She laughed at his childishness.

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

Mi, Nari and Hyunsoo spent dinner without Baekhyun. It was better for her. She wouldn’t want to choke in every food she’ll take in. Mi told her a story about their family. That her only child, who was Baekhyun’s mother, died after giving birth to him, that his dad left them months after the marriage. And that Hyunsoo’s parents are busy at work in the States that’s why he’s in their custody. After the talk, she walked to the living room and saw Hyunsoo playing with his robot. I really like kids, she thought. I’m just joking about the hate thingy. She sat beside him. He blinked several times at her and ended up sitting on the edge of the sofa.

 

“Hi Hyunsoo, you can have me as a playmate.” She flashed a convincing smile but Hyunsoo seemed unaffected. Instead, he looked at her from head to toe.

 

“Mi said you’re pregnant. How come hyung liked you? You’re not beautiful as Seungyeon noona. White lady!” he touched the skin under his eyes and struck his tongue out then ran upstairs.

 

“This silly kid.” She hissed.

 

“You,” she shifted to the voice to the other side. She stood up when she saw Baekhyun. She bowed and greeted him. “Keep this in mind. We’ll go to school together but don’t come near me until it ends. Don’t inform Mi about this.” He said, hands in his pockets.

 

“Yes. I won’t be in trouble. I promise. Thank you.” She replied. She smiled then he walked off. He was on his half way on the stairs when Nari spoke up once again. “Uhh, Baekhyun-ssi!” he turned, and was getting pissed off.

 

“What?!” there’s an edge of impatience in his voice.

 

“Uhh, I’m thinking of getting y-your number. In case of emergency.” She stuttered. He looked at her for the longest time and stretched out his arm. She tilted her head blanklessly.

 

“Phone.” He said.

 

“Oh, yes my phone.” She ran towards him and handed him her phone. He typed on it and gave it back to her.

 

“Thank you.” She flashed a smile then he completely vanished.

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

“Hey, look at your future husband, he’s still with that Seungyeon.” Gayoon whispered. Nari switched her gaze to the table where Baekhyun and Seunyeon was sitting together with their friends.

 

“Just let them do what they want.” She simply said and bit her melon bread.

 

“Aiish Nari-ah.” Gayoon cursed. Then Nari took a glance on them once again. The couple was having a good time talking to each other. They even kissed. She felt a light pinch in her heart. No, I’m not feeling this. The school ended but she rode the car without Baekhyun. He told her he needed to do something so she reached the big house alone.

 

“White lady! Where’s my hyung?” she noticed Hyunsoo in the living room. He’s really creeping everywhere.

 

“He’s doing something.” She answered.

 

“Tss. He’s probably with Seungyeon noona.” Then he ran to the garden.

 

“Tss.” She hissed back and went to her room to change. She walked to the kitchen and searched for something in the fridge but found nothing that she was looking for. “Ugh, I want Strawberry milk.” She tried to go out of the house but the helpers didn’t allow her. Mi had ordered them to guard her. But she didn’t want to command them to buy strawberry milk for her. Nari flunked herself on the couch and stared at her phone. By staring at it, she got an idea to send Baekhyun a message.

 

 

To: Baekhyun

 

Baekhyun-ssi, this is Nari. Sorry for the disturb but are you still hanging out? Can you buy me a Strawberry milk? Please!

 

 

After 10 minutes, no reply.

 

 

To: Baekhyun

 

This is Nari again. You don’t have to rush in here. I can wait until later when you come home.

 

 

Still, no reply.

 

 

To: Baekhyun

 

Okay, don’t worry, I’ll pay for my milk!

 

 

Nari surrendered in texting him. She wouldn’t get any reply for him. He would just get pissed with her. She ate another food instead but her craving for Strawbeery milk was still there.

 

“Ma’am, there’s someone looking for you. He’s in the living room.” The helper said. Looking for me? She grew in confusion. She left the kitchen and headed towards the living room. She saw a very fine man sitting on the couch.

 

“Oh, hello Nari.” The man smiled.

 

“If I’m not mistaken, you’re Kai?” she asked. Kai nodded. “What can I do for you?” he stretched his hand that held a plastic bag.

 

“Your strawberry milk.” He smiled again and handed it to her.

 

“Did Baekhyun send you here to give me this?”

 

“No. I’m actually not with him. But you kept on texting me.

 

“Texting you?” she mumbled. Her forehead wrinkled.

 

“I bought you a pack, so you’ll have a stock.” He chuckled. “Don’t worry, I won’t ask you to pay for it.”

 

So, Baekhyun gave me a wrong number for a purpose. Aaaarrrggghhh!