Things are Getting Worse than Ever

It's an Accident

"Seungyeon, believe me, it was an accident! I was drunk! I thought you were the one with me." he heard a loud shout on the other line then in the next second, it was already cut. He snarled and threw his phone on the floor, causing it to break into pieces.

 

"Calm down, Baekhyun." Suho freely said. 

 

"How would I calm down?! I got a girl pregnant, and now my girlfriend broke up with me!"

 

"Imagine, you got her pregnant in just one night stand?" D.O teased. 

 

"He really made a sure hit." Kai added, they laughed. Baekhyun looked at them furiously.

 

"Stop that before I drag the five of you out of my house." 

 

"Okay, in the serious side, are you going to take responsibility of the child?" Suho became serious on the question. Baekhyun rubbed his temple before answering.

 

"I don't know. I don't want to be a father of other girl's child. Besides, it was an accident. We didn't expect it. I don't need to take the responsibility." Kai was about to oppose when a voice filled in the room.

 

"Boys, out of my house, you may go now. And you," she pointed at Baekhyun. "Go to my room, now." The five stood and headed out of the house. Baekhyun snorted. "In my room now!"  his grand mother yelled. He followed while frowning.

 

"What now?"  he impatiently asked.

 

"What is that I heard you got a girl pregnant on your school?!" Scowl was still present at his face. "First, you got a brat girlfriend, and now you got a girl pregnant?! Would you like to be a rebel forever? For goodness sake."

 

"I didn't expect that to happen! We're both drunk!" he defended but his grand mother seemed unconvinced. 

 

"I want to meet the girl." 

 

"What?! Mi, are you going crazy?!" [A/N: Infer that he's calling his grand mother as Mi.]

 

"I want to meet the girl." she repeated with conviction.

 

Great, just great. He muttered in himself and brushed his hair with his hand.

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

She was holding her mother's hand when she realized she was already awake. Her reflexes became active.

 

"Mom! Thank God you're awake!" She gently squeezed her mother's hand. She remained silent and tried to sit up. Nari helped her.

 

"You're not telling me things, are you?" Nari blinked a few times at her. 

 

"Hhmm?"

 

"You're pregnant, right? That's the reason why you are not using your pads, the reason why you're throwing up." she froze at her mother's words.

 

"H-how--" she muttered started to cry.

 

"How did I know? I went back to the house a while ago because I forgot something. I found your English book on the kitchen. I was about to bring it to your room when a picture fell out of it. An ultra sound picture. I could have believed myself that it's not yours, but when I looked at the back of it, I saw your message to the baby. How can you do this to me, Nari?!" she shot an angry look.

 

"Mom, let me explain!" she started while weeping. "The night I didn't go home, my classmates got me drunk. Gayoon brought me to one of the rooms in the school dorm. But there was a room misunderstanding. The guy and his girlfriend should be the one using that room. The guy didn't know too, we're both drunk and, yuck. I don't want to continue this anymore." she changed her mood but she was still crying. Her mother hugged her. 

 

"My poor daughter." she softened her voice and cried. "Tell me at least if the father of your child is good-looking and rich." she added while sobbing.

 

"Mom, how can you still joke me at this point of time?" she chuckled.

 

"Don't worry now, my dear. I'll help you with your situation."

 

Good thing mom is truly understanding.

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

The next day was Saturday. A busy day at the streets and at the ramen house. Nari tried to help serving to the customers but her mother told her to rest on their house instead. Nari refused to the thought and decided to sit on oone of the table near the door. She glanced at the busy streets of Gyeonggi-do. Through the transparent glass. She stopped wandering when a shiny black car parked in front of their store. She tapped her bottom lip and guessed on how much money did the owner spend buying the luxary car. A man went out of it and clutched the other door open. Nari followed her gaze upon the old but elegant woman until that person completely entered their store.

 

"Have a seat , ma'am. What do you like to order?" her mother approached the old woman.

 

"I believe this store is owned by Song Nari's parents, am I correct?" she finely spoken up as she looked around. Nari flinched at hearing her name.

 

"Uh, yes. Actually, I'm Song Nari's mother. What can I do for you?" Nari stood up and came closer to them.

 

"Good afternoon, I'm Song Nari. Do you need something from us?" she respectedly bowed. The old woman stared at her from head to toe that made her feel intimidated. 

 

"I'm Byun Baekhyun's grand mother. And I would like to talk to you." Nari's eyes enlarged by hearing a name again.

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

In the next two hours, she found herself inside the luxary car beside Baekhyun's grand mother with her packed things in the compartment. She felt uneasy with the thought that the woman beside her had asked her to live in their house andd promised to fix the marriage papers, lastly, to take care of her and of the baby. And the most unbelievable part of it, her mother agreed. She said it's for the best. They bid their goodbyes and now, their way to the big house,

 

"Don't worry. Your mother promised to visit you as much as she could." the woman broke the silence. Nari bowed. "And if you're afraid about Baekhyun, I can handle him." she assured. Nari managed to smile. 

 

"I'm just curious why you decided to look for me. You know that your grandson has a girlfriend. I can take care of my baby even without his or her father. You don't need to force us in a marriage." she politely said.

 

"No. That's his responsibility. And speaking of his girlfriend, I never liked Seungyeon. She's such a brat. I like you best. You'll be a good influence to Baekhyun. I know you're a good girl. And, you got a very good ramen." she enumerated and laughed. Nari couldn't help but to chuckle. The engine stopped and they got off. When they entered the big house, Baekhyun appeared on the stairs, looking horribly. The old woman ordered one of the helper to lead Nari to her room. By the time the girl vanished to their sight, Baekhyun started speaking. 

 

"What is she doing here?!" 

 

"She's going to live here whether you like it or not." she retorted.

 

"I'm not going to take the responsibility as the father--" he didn't finish, he felt a loud snap on his cheek.

 

"You told me you're angry at your father, right? Because he left you and your mother even before you were born. That made my daughter die after giving birth to you. And now you're telling me you won't take your responsibility?! You're no different with your father."