Love Blossoming, Trouble Brewing

A Second Chance At Life

 

Yuri was sitting on the sofa at the movie company, fiddling with her phone as she waited for the costumes to be taken to her. She opened her photo album on her phone and looked at her selcas with Yeeun.

“Mommy misses you already; it’s going to be a long five months.” Yuri mumbled before a small, sad smile appeared on her face.

She heard a knock on the door and jolted in fright. Yunho was standing there leaning on the door frame with his arms across the chest.

“Why are you talking to yourself?” He asked playfully before walking to sit next to her.

Yuri shifted in her seat uncomfortably to avoid any contact with him. “I thought I was alone, didn’t think you were going to show up earlier than scheduled. “

“I’m a busy guy but I thought I’ll get here earlier to get to know you better. We’re going to be co-stars for the next five months and it’ll be good if we’re more familiar with each other before filming commences.” He reached out and placed his hand on her thigh, before caressing it.

Yuri shoved his hand aside and stood up. “Excuse me sir, but I’m going to have to report your inappropriate behavior if you’re not going to behave yourself in future.”

“Wow you need to relax. Have you read the script anyway? We have a couple of intimate scenes together so I’m just helping you to get comfortable with me.” Yunho raised both his hands up into the air to protest his innocence but that smirk on his lips was his malicious.

“I wouldn’t have signed up for this if I knew you were such a person.” Yuri growled and rolled her eyes.

Yunho chuckled. “I’m a nice person but I always get what I want.”

Before Yuri could retaliate, a young man walked into the room and greeted them.

“Taemin!” Yuri exclaimed when she saw a familiar face and quickly walked towards his side.

“I didn’t know you were involved in this movie.”

“I wasn’t initially but the main costume designer just found out she’s pregnant so I’m taking over. I’m so excited to work with you, my future sister-in-law.”

Taemin held out his hand and Yuri shook it politely. She likes Taemin and knows he’s a good kid. Taemin and Sulli have been dating for a few years now and everyone expects them to be married soon.

“You’re a talented kid. I’ve seen your works before,” said Yunho as he patted Taemin on the back.

“Thank you Mr Jung. Now please follow me over here for the costume fitting.”

--------------------------------------

Yoona has been working for a couple of days at Donghae’s Law Chamber. Even though Yoona was interested to get to know this quiet man better, their conversation had merely consisted of work-related stuff. Yoona wanted to get to know him better but she did not know if he would consider her behavior inappropriate. Today was her first night working overtime and she was left all alone in the office with Donghae. She turned around and peeked into between the blinds to see how her boss was doing. Donghae was yawning and stretching his arms over his head as he flipped through numerous law books. Yoona took a look at the clock and realized it was way past dinner time. She was starting to feel hungry and maybe her boss would to. Yoona stood up and knocked on Donghae’s door.

“Come in, Yoona.”

Yoona bowed after entering.

“Mr Lee, I thought you might be hungry so do you want me to get you something to eat?”

“That’s very nice of you, Yoona. Could you go to the store just across the street and get me some Jajangmyeon?” Donghae took off his glasses and smiled politely at Yoona.

‘Damn, he looks really good without his glasses.’

“Sure thing, I’ll be back soon.”

-------------------------------------

Unfortunately, there was a huge thunderstorm outside as Yoona left the building to buy dinner. She did not have an umbrella so she had no choice but to brave the rain. By the time she got back to the office, she was drenched from head to toe. Yoona knocked on Donghae’s door and entered.

“Here’s your dinner.” Yoona placed the hot steaming noodles in front of Donghae and smiled. “Enjoy your dinner.”

“You’re all wet, are you feeling cold?” Donghae asked with concern. He quickly got up from his seat, took off his jacket and placed it on Yoona’s shoulder.

“Thanks, I feel better now. I’ll not disturb you. Enjoy your dinner.” Yoona turned around to avoid Donghae from seeing the smile that had unknowingly crept up on her face.

Donghae placed his hand on her shoulder. “You can sit here and eat with me. It’s boring for me to eat alone.”

Yoona turned around and tilted her head down to prevent Donghae from seeing the happiness on her face. They sat down and ate their meal in silence for a few minutes. Yoona wanted to talk to Donghae but she was scared. She hates to admit this but she was intimidated just by being in his presence. This never happened to her before with any other guy.

“Yoona?”

Yoona’s heart jumped when he called her name amidst the silence.  

“Yes?”

Donghae reached his hand out and touched her chin. “You have a lot of sauce all over your face.”

“Oh really…” Yoona was really embarrassed and quickly reached for a napkin to clean . “Do I look alright now?”

“Yes, you look fine now.” Donghae buried his face into his noodles again and continued eating as Yoona’s cheeks flushed cherry red.

---------------------------------------

After the costume fitting, Yuri was exhausted and headed home instantly to avoid Yunho from harassing her again. As she opened her apartment door, she saw her husband and daughter sitting together eating ice cream while watching Pororo on the television.

“Hi Mommy,” Yeeun said as she put her ice cream down and went over to give Yuri a hug.

“Hi Sweetheart, how was school today?”

“Mommy, Miss Choi said I was a good girl so Daddy bought me ice cream.” Yeeun beamed proudly at her mother with her hands by her side.

Yuri touched her gently on the head. “That’s my daughter. You should go to bed now though. Let’s go to the bathroom to get you ready for bed.”

Yuri held on to her hand and led her to the bathroom.

----------------------------------------

Siwon had just finish cleaning up the small mess made by Yeeun when Yuri walked out of Yeeun’s bedroom after tugging her into bed.

“How was the costume fitting?” Siwon asked as he went to Yuri and kissed her on the forehead.

“Taemin’s the main costume designer so I’m glad to have someone familiar on set with me. His costumes look good. Nothing you won’t approve of,” teased Yuri as she know how jealous her husband might get if she wears something too revealing.

Siwon pretended to heave a sigh of relief and smiled. “I have some good news to tell you by the way. Minho called this afternoon and he told me Krystal is pregnant so they are getting married!”

“Oh my goodness, that’ really good news. I should call them to congratulate them!” Yuri exclaimed in delight.

“I’m so happy for Minho. He’s finally going to experience my joy of having a wife and starting a family. It’s so surreal to watch your little siblings grow up and have their own lives too.”

“Yeeun is going to have someone to play with soon. Have you told her the news? She’s probably over the moon as well.”

Siwon laughed and held Yuri in his arms. “You know what she said? She told me she wanted another baby in this house.”

“Oh? So are you going to have another child?” Yuri asked him playfully.

Siwon whispered into Yuri’s ears. “I would if you’re ready to be the mother of my second child.”

“I promise you, we’ll try once I’m done with this movie,” said Yuri before kissing Siwon on the cheek.

“Alright, that was all I needed to hear. I love you, Mrs. Choi Siwon.”

“I love you too, Mr. Choi Siwon. Now you should go take a bath first before it’s my turn.”

“Yes Madam!” Siwon grinned and saluted at her before entering the bathroom.

Yuri could not help but smile at her husband’s behavior. He was obviously very happy with how his life was going at the moment.  Yuri wanted to tell Siwon about Yunho’s behavior which was utterly disturbing to her but she did not want to spoil his good mood. She was starting to regret taking up this movie.

--------------------------------------

“Good night, Mr. Lee.” Yoona said as she took off the seat belt and was prepared to alight from his car after he sent her home. She was now living alone in the small apartment she used to share with Sulli after Sulli moved out to live with Taemin.

“Good night, Yoona. Call me Donghae after working hours. Mr. Lee sounds too serious,” replied Donghae with an adorable smile on his face.

“You’re always so serious at work but I’m glad to see your other side tonight.”

Donghae chuckled and wave goodbye to Yoona as she got off the car. After his car had driven off, Yoona remained on the same spot as she thought of how attractive her boss was. But she mentally reminded herself that unless she wanted to get her kicked, she had better focus during working hours and not fantasize about her boss.  

-------------------------------------

Ok I'm sorry for disappearing for two months. But I'm back with a new chapter. I need to set up the premises for the of the story so it's still a little slow moving. The next chapter will be more exciting so stay tuned. I hope I have time to update more soon ^^