When Two Different Worlds Collide

When Two Different Worlds Collide

Chapter 8. Knowing the Real You

It’s already 4:30 in the afternoon. Yuri goes hurriedly to Minho’s apartment from Nichkhun’s office. She needs to clean the place before Minho could go back home. When she enters the door, she throws her bag on the couch and immediately starts cleaning.

After a few hours of cleaning, she’s finally done and lays herself on the couch.

“Ahhhhh. It’s so tiring.” Because of tiredness she didn’t notice that she already falls asleep.

--------------

Minho is having a bad day today. Earlier this morning, he already received a scold from the president, his father. He needs to revise some reports, that’s why she told Yuri he will be coming home late.

It’s now 6:30 in the evening when he decided to go home. He really feels tired and exhausted. When he reached his apartment, he tries to call Nichkhun to have some drink with him but he can’t reach him. He mumbled to himself.

“You’re all alone again, Minho” When he entered the door, he noticed a pair of a girl shoes.

“She’s still here?”…. “Yuri?”

He called her name to confirm but there’s no response. He continued walking and found Yuri sleeping on the couch. He goes forward to her and looked at her deeply. He smiled.

“I never thought you are that cute when you’re asleep… I’m sorry if you’re tired working with me.” He’s about to touch Yuri’s hair but pulled it back when she moves. She slowly opens her eyes and immediately sits up straight when she noticed Minho.

“You’re already here?... I’m sorry I fell asleep.” She looked at her watch and it’s already 7 o’clock in the evening.

“Oh, it’s getting late. I think it’s time for me to go. I’m sorry again. Annyeong.” She stood up, grabs her bag and bowed. When she passes by on the left side of him, he holds Yuri’s wrist that made her shock and made her heart beats faster.

“Can you please… stay here with me… even just for a while? I just need someone to talk to.” She looks at Minho who already looking at her. She could see and feel the sadness in his eyes that’s why she granted his request.

They were sitting on the chair in his living room. He is drinking wine while Yuri is just looking at him, waiting for him to say something.

“Thank you for staying. You want a drink?”

“No, it’s okay” he drinks again another glass.

“Look at me. I’ve got everything… House… Car… Money… I should be happy with that… but why I can’t feel that happiness? It’s funny right?”

“All my life, I just wanted get some love from my parents especially from my Father. I’ve tried everything to please him but I think it’s really impossible.” He took another glass of wine.

“You! I never heard about your parents. Where are they?” She just smiles, faces down and takes a deep sigh.

“They’re gone” Minho looked at her with curiosity.

“They died on a car accident with my elder sister. I was only 17 then and Seohyun’s only 12. In a young mind, we already learned to stand on our own. I need to be strong for Seohyun; she’s the only one I have.”

“Sorry” It’s the only word that came out from his mouth.

“You don’t need to say sorry. After all that, you’re so lucky because you have your parents and you got everything. Just be thankful for that, there are lots of people having a more miserable life than yours.”

“Maybe you’re thinking God made life so unfair… Well, I’ll tell you, you should not, ‘because he’s just fair.” Minho was moved with her words. It seems like she can read on what’s with his mind.

“You’re right. Thank you for making me realized that.” It’s now Minho’s fifth glass

“Can I ask you another question?”

“What is it?”

“What did you think of me?

“Huh?”

“What’s your first impression with me?”

“I think you’re the coldest, meanest, stupid guy I’ve ever known.” Minho just smiled of what she said.

“Am I that bad?”

“No… I think I’m wrong… and you’re asking me with my first impression right? so no need to get angry”

“Yeah... Right” They both laugh with each other. Yuri can now see the other side of Minho or shall I say the real side of Minho.

 They continued talking until Minho falls asleep on the couch. She covers him with a blanket before she goes home.

The Next Day

Early in the morning, Yuri decided to go on Minho’s apartment. She decided to cook for him before he wakes up. She’s done cooking but he’s still sleeping. She decided not to wake him up and just leaves a note on the table.

Minho just woke up and feels a pain in his head. He’s fully awakened by the smell of food of which Yuri prepared. He goes to the table and found the note.

The note reads:

To My Master Minho

Hey, just got here early this morning. I’m sure you’re having headache. Am I right?

Just made this porridge for you, it’s good for hangovers. I made you breakfast too; eat it before going to work. It will give you energy. I didn’t wake you up, you’re sleeping soundly and I need to go to work too.

                                                                                                                                                                         From Your Beautiful Slave,

                                                                                                                                                                         Yuri                                                                                                                             

P.S. It’s a new day. Embrace it and wear a smile on your face, it will surely lighten your day.

 

Minho smiled after reading her note. This is his first time that someone cared for him and received a note like this but it made him happy though. He followed what Yuri said on her note.

He goes on his office earlier than usual. He greeted every employee he passes by with a smile on his face. The employees wonder what happened to him. Yesterday he looks like he’s carrying the whole world but now he looks inspired, that’s because of Kwon Yuri Magic. Before he enters his office, he also greeted his secretary.

“Good morning, Tiffany--ssi”

“Good morning, Director. You look so different today.”

“Really? Is it good or bad?”

“It’s good. You look so inspired.”

“Thank you, Tiffany—ssi. Have a great day too”

“Ahmm. By the way, Director, President Choi said he wants to see you”

“Okay, I’ll just finalize my report.”

“Yes, Director”

Minho went to his father’s office and showed his revised report to him. When he’s done presenting it, he thought he will scold him again because of his blank expression but he’s wrong.

“You finally made a good report. I think you’re ready to present it to the board” He’s really happy hearing that to his father, it’s his first time to receive a good comment from him.

After his work, he decided to go to coffee shop where Yuri was working. He wants to thank her personally about last night and the breakfast she made. Yuri is still working there until this coming Friday.

He enters the shop and he can’t find Yuri. He asks the in charge on the cashier.

“Annyeonghasseyo, what’s your order Sir?”

“No… I just want to ask if Yuri is here.”

“Yuri? She’s changing inside. Her shift is over.”

“Can you call her for me?”

“O-okay, Sir… Onew--ssi, can you be the cashier for a while? I just need to get something inside”

“Okay, Taeyeon—ssi…”

“Oh. Hello, Mister. You’re the guy that’s looking for Ms. Yuri before right?”

“Yes?”

“Do you want to order something, Sir?”

“No, I’m just waiting for her.”

“By any chance, are you Ms. Yuri’s boyfriend? Just asking.”

“Huh?... Y-yeah. Is there any problem?”

“No Sir. You are really compatible with each other.”

While Minho and Onew, co-worker of Yuri, talking to each other, Taeyeon enters the employees quarter to call Yuri.

“Yuri-ah, are you still there?”

“Yes, Taeyeonie. Do you need something?”

“Someone’s looking for you outside”

“Me? Who?”

“I forgot to ask but I think he’s rich, he’s wearing a suit and he’s handsome”

“I think I already know. Thank you Taeyeonie.” Yuri guessed its Minho.

“Why he didn’t call me he’s going here?”

 

To be continued…..

 

 

End of Chapter 8. It’s a MinYul chapter this time. Sorry for the late update of every chapter, I’m having a hard time to think what I’m going to write but I do hope you like it. Please subscribe if you haven’t yet and don’t forget to leave comments. It really inspires me to write. ^_^

P.S. Please don’t mind the errors and the grammar. ^_^