When Two Different Worlds Collide

When Two Different Worlds Collide

Chapter 18 The Best Gift

Last night’s happenings made Yuri’s head in pain, in short headache. Despite of that she still go to her work, much more now, she needs to double her effort to gain some money for her sister. She doesn’t want that all of Seohyun’s dreams will shattered just because she lost her scholarship.  In the office, she noticed that Nichkhun is not in a good mood today. He doesn’t talk that much just like before so she thinks maybe he now knows everything.

“Ahmm. Sir, are you okay?” Nichkhun looked at her and throws a smile.

“I’m okay. How many time should I tell you, don’t call me Sir, it’s too formal.”

“I’m sorry.” She uttered. She wants to say sorry for not telling him the truth.

“What’s that for?” Nichkhun pretended to ask but he already knew what she meant.

“It’s nothing; I just want to say sorry.”

“You don’t need to be sorry about it. I know it’s not your fault. Let’s just forget about that.” Nichkhun gave her a smile but she knows he’s not that okay. She just went back to her work and didn’t talk again. They talked seldom since their conversation a while ago. As she is waiting for the time out she received a call from Minho.

*Phone Conversation

“Yoboseyo? Minho?”

“Yuri, don’t go to my place after your work. I’m going to fetch you there.”

“Wae?”

“We’re going somewhere, since this is your last day of working with me; I’m going to treat you.”

“Oh yeah, today’s going to be my last day as your slave.” Yuri giggled.

“That’s right… and it’s my special day today, I want to celebrate it with you.”

“It’s your birthday?... Well, Happy birthday then.” She said happily.

“Thanks… so see you later?”

“Ne. See you later. Bye.”

*End of Conversation

Yuri happily hangs up the phone. She didn’t notice that Nichkhun is already standing in front of her which surprised her.

“Whoah, Nichkhun. Are you there for a long time?”

“No.” He lied. He actually heard everything. “Ahmm. I’m planning to treat all my employees for dinner tonight and it includes you. It would be nice if you go too.”

“H-huh? Ahmm. Nichkhun, I want to go but—it’s just that…” Yuri can’t talk straight and doesn’t know how to explain without telling him she’s going with Minho but she doesn’t know he already knew she would say no.

“It’s okay. I understand.--- Maybe next time?” Yuri smiled.

“Yeah, next time. I promise.”

It’s already 3:30 in the afternoon. Minho is waiting for Yuri outside the building, leaning his back on the side of his car while tapping the tip of his shoes on the ground. A few minutes later, he saw Yuri comes out from the building which made him stands straight and grooms himself a little.

“Hey” He greeted her with a wide smile on his face.

“Hi. I’m sorry I came out a bit late. Have you waited here for so long?”

“Ahmm. No, I’ve been here 5 minutes ago before you came out.” He uttered but the truth is, he’s been waiting for about 30 minutes. “Let’s go?” Minho is about to open the door but Yuri noticed the bruise on the side of his lips.

“Wait. What happened to your lips? Have you gone into a fight?” Yuri asked worriedly, trying to look to it closely but Minho looked the other way to avoid it.

“Ahmm. Of course not, I just bumped it on something last night. It’s a little bit dark, so I didn’t notice it.” She gave him a suspicious look which means she’s not convinced with his reason.

“Don’t fool me, Minho. Tell me.” Minho released a deep sigh, giving up on her.

“Okay—Okay. Nichkhun punched me last night.”

“What?! Why? Is it just because you lied that you know me?” She thinks that it’s a lame reason for him to get angry like that.

“No, it’s not about that, don’t mind it anymore. Trust me; we’re okay so let’s go.” Minho opened the car door that Yuri forced to get in and just trust him as what he said.

On the other side of the story, they didn’t know, Nichkhun is painfully watching them from afar. “I won’t give up on you, Yuri, until you didn’t tell me to stop.” Nichkhun murmured.

~On the car

“Where do you want to eat?” He asked Yuri.

“Ahmm. Why don’t we just cook by ourselves and eat at you place?” She suggested. “We can cost less and I think it’s more fun than eating at a restaurant.”

“Yeah, you’re right. I think that’s a good idea.” Minho agreed to her suggestion. “Let’s go to supermarket then.”

They’re finished buying all the things they needed. They are now heading to the parking lot when Yuri realized she needs to buy a cake, she believes birthday isn’t complete without it.

“Minho, I forgot to buy something, why don’t you go first and wait for me on the car.”

“Huh? I can go with you.”

“No, it’s okay. I can go by myself. Just wait for me there, I will not take a long time.” She insisted which made him to just let her.

~Cake Shop

Yuri entered to a cake shop and takes a look for what cake she’ll gong to buy.

“Good afternoon, ma’am” A lady greeted her. “What cake do you want? We have variety of flavors for you to choose.”

“Can I have that one, please?” Yuri pointed at a rounded-shaped chocolate cake.

“Oh, that’s the cake that most of our customers want to order.” Yuri gave her a smile.

“Could you write greetings to it?” The lady nodded. “Do you cater delivery?” Yuri thinks it’s better to be delivered because she wants to surprise him. It will not be surprise anymore if she will bring it with her.

“Of course ma’am. Just write down the greetings you want to put on the cake, your name, the exact address to where it will be delivered, when it will be delivered and your number here, in case the delivery boy is lost.” The lady explained. Yuri wrote down the information needed.

“Please deliver it on time. Exactly 6:00 pm.”

“We will, ma’am. And I’m sure you’re your boyfriend will be happy for this.”

“Oh no. You’re wrong, he’s not my boyfriend; he’s just my--- special friend.”

“Oh, I’m sorry for that. I didn’t mean to—” The lady immediately apologize.

“It’s okay—By the way thanks…” She then looked at her name plate. “…Sulli?”

“Ne. Thank you too.” The lady, named Sulli, smiled and then Yuri left.

Minho is waiting for Yuri for about 15 minutes already so he got a little bit bored and decided to find Yuri inside but before he could go, he already saw her running towards him.

“I’m sorry for making you wait.” She apologized to Minho.

“What did you buy anyway, which took so much time?” She should not tell him about her surprise so she just made a lie.

“Ahmm. I-I just bought something for Seohyun, it’s here in my bag.” Minho is convinced and they headed on his apartment.

~Outside of the building

They reached the place and now outside the building. Minho is getting their groceries and Yuri is standing for about 3 meters away, waiting for Minho when suddenly a guy bumped at her. He is holding 2 big boxes but not that heavy and these are covering his face, and can’t clearly see the way.

“Ouch” Yuri shouted fell on the ground, the box hits her back that made her fall. Minho looked to where she is and runs when he sees her. The guy immediately put down the boxes and apologized.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t see you. I’m sorry.” The guy bowed 90 degrees while Minho is helping Yuri to stand.

“Yah, how can you see people in front you if you’re holding big boxes like that? Next time watch out so that you can’t accident other people.” Minho scolded him.

“Minho, it’s okay. I’m okay.” Yuri tried to calm him.

“I’m sorry.” The guy apologized again. When Yuri looked at the guy, he seems have a familiar face to her.

“Hae Oppa?” Yuri burst out which made Minho and the guy look at her. When she recognized that it was him, she jumped and hugged him. “DongHae Oppa!” She then released from that hug. “It’s me Kwon Yuri.”

“Yul? Is that you? Whoah. You’ve grown so much prettier.” The guy hugged her while Minho is just looking at them strangely.

“Yah! How are you?” Yuri punched his arm.

“I’m good. It’s been a long time since I last saw you. It’s good to see you again. And you grew up like a goddess.” Minho smirks of what he said.

“Yah! You didn’t change at all. You always love making fun of me.”

“I’m not making fun of you, I really mean it.” Minho can’t stand to see the situation, they’re like really close to each other so he made a fake cough to distract them and tell Yuri that ‘Hello, there’s also person around here’.

“Ahhem, Ahemm.” Yuri and Donghae stopped talking.

“Oh, by the way, Hae, this is Minho, my friend and Minho this is Donghae, we’re best friends since kids and we’re partners in crime, meaning doing pranks to my siblings.” They extended their arms to each other but Minho feels unpleasant to meet him.

“Yuri, let’s go, we still need to do a lot of things.” Minho reminded Yuri.

“Ah, yeah.” Yuri then faced Donghae. “Hae oppa, I want to talk with you more but I have some other things to do. Give me your number so that we can hang out some other time.” He gave his number and Yuri rings his phone for him to save her number. After that they waved goodbye.

Minho just stayed silent while they are preparing food for dinner; he is like this since Yuri met his friend Donghae. He is bothered or let me say he’s jealous of how close they are to each other. He keeps on thinking what’s between him and Yuri and he accidentally slipped the knife while cutting onions which made a small cut to his pointing finger.

“Ahh.” Minho mumbled and Yuri saw the small blood on his finger.

“Omo! Are you going to cut your finger?!” Yuri immediately gets the first aid kit. “Yah! Be careful on cutting vegies.” Yuri said worriedly while putting bandage on his wound. Minho is not focused on his wound; he is busy looking at Yuri instead, of how beautiful and caring she is to him. He then looked away when Yuri faced him.

“Ahm. Thanks.” Minho said with embarrassment then released a deep sigh. “Ahm. Yuri can I ask you something?”

“H-huh? What is it?” Minho is a little bit confused if he’s going to ask it but his curiosity ruled over.

“D-do you like that guy?” Yuri is surprised by his question.

“W-who? Donghae oppa?.” Yuri laughed after saying that. “You’re kidding me right? How can you say that?” Then continued laughing.

“H-huh? It looks like you’re so close to each other.” Minho feels so stupid that he ask that.

“Okay, maybe you just misunderstood our closeness. Yeah we’re super-duper close but that doesn’t mean that I like him. He’s like a brother to me, and we clicked in doing pranks to my siblings. I know he feels the same way to me, because the one he likes is my sister, Yoona. I always helped him to make a step to her but--- it will never happen now, so sad, God took her early. Whaaa, those happy memories… I really do hope he already found the love of his life.” Minho felt relieved to know that their relationship is just like a brother and sister relationship.

“Ohh. That’s great then.” Minho draws a big smile on his face.

“Aish. You know what? I really don’t understand you. Sometimes you’re happy then after a second you’re not in good mood, earlier; you looked bothered then look at you now, smiling without any reason like a crazy guy.”

“Yeah. You’re right, I’m crazy.” She looked at him in disbelief. “And it’s all because of YOU.” He added, emphasizing the word you while picking her nose.

“Yah! Your fingers are full flour!” Yuri also put flour on his face to take revenge and they started to play flour fight to each other.

After a long time of preparing and playing, they finally finished eating meals but that doesn’t end there yet. Earlier, the delivery boy delivered the cake that she ordered. She sneaked out behind his back and hid the cake for him not to see.

“Ahhh. The foods are so delicious, I’m so full.” Minho declared.

“Wait. I need to get something but before that, close your eyes first.” Yuri told Minho.

“Wae? What is it?”

“It’s a surprise, just close your eyes.”

“Okay.” Minho then closed his eyes and Yuri rushed to the Kitchen and lit the candle. Minho tried to take a peek but Yuri sensed it.

“Don’t try to take a peek or else I’ll punch you.” Yuri shouted from the kitchen.

“Yah! How do you know I’m peeking?”

“I sensed it.” Yuri then gets out from the kitchen and started to sing a happy birthday song slowly walking towards him that is the sign for him to open his eyes.

♪♫♪Happy Birthday to you

Happy birthday to you

happy birthday, happy birthday

Happy Birthday to you. ♪♫♪

 Minho is really surprised by it. It’s his first time to have a cake on his birthday and it happens that it’s Yuri, who did it.

“Happy Birthday.” She greeted him while placing the cake on the table. “Make a wish first before blowing it.” Minho closed his eyes to wish. ‘I wished--- that we will do this again forever, even you’re not working with me.’ Then blows the candle.

“Yeyyy.” Yuri clapped her hands.

“Yah! You really surprised me. Thank you.”

“Nah! Your welcome. It’s my gift for you. Birthdays won’t be complete without it.” They ate the cake together. After that Minho sends Yuri home.

~Outside Yuri’s apartment

They get out from the car and had a small talk before she goes inside.

“Ahmm, thanks again Yuri.” Minho looked at her and their eyes met. “This is been the happiest birthday of mine because I received the best gift that I can ever have. --- It’s not the cake but it’s being with YOU.” Minho is carried away by his emotions and gave Yuri a kiss on her cheeks which made her stunned. He is a little bit shocked of what he did so he immediately say goodbye. “Ahmm. I better get going. Bye.” He then rushed to his car and drove off.

Yuri closed the door of their apartment then leaned on it after. The moment he is kissed by Minho keeps flashing in her mind which made her smile while touching her cheeks.

“Do you like me too, Minho?” Yuri keeps on asking. She can’t believe Minho did that to her but on the hand she really likes it.

 

to be continued.....

 

End of Chapter 18. It’s been a while since I last updated but here it is now. Its Minho’s birthday and last day of Yuri’s work, they celebrate it together. Nichkhun swears he will not let go of Yuri and Minho is now starting to make a move on her. What will happen to these two guys? Find out in the next chapters.

you, thanks for reading. Don't forget to leave some comments and please subscribe if you haven't yet. Thanks again.. ^____^