When Two Different Worlds Collide

When Two Different Worlds Collide

Chapter 5. Spending Time with my Slave

It’s already Friday and it’s the day of Seohyun’s musical play. It will start at exactly 3:00pm and that’s also the time of Yuri’s work time out so she’s sure that she’ll be a little bit late. She called Sooyoung to go there first so Seohyun will not worry.

*On the Phone

“Soo, I will be late for a few minutes. Maybe, you can go there first and tell Seohyun.”

“Yul, I’m sorry, I think I can’t make it to Seohyun’s musical play. My co-worker just resigned today and all the works are given to me. Please congratulate Seohyun for me. I’m sorry, Yul. I’ll just treat you after.”

“Ohh… No, it’s okay. I’ll just tell her.”

“Thanks Yul, Bye”                                          

“Bye”

*End of Conversation

Yuri has just got out from the café. If she will ride a bus, it will take 20 to 30 minutes to travel and if she will ride a cab, it’ll take time for her to wait so it’s just the same. She decided to just go the bus stop to decide whether she’ll take a bus or cab.

--------------

Minho is on his way home when he saw Yuri walking on the roadside. He slowed his car a little bit and he called her name.

“Kwon Yuri”

“Wohh, Stu—… Minho-shi.” She supposed to say stupid guy but she thought maybe he can give her a ride so she should be nice.

“Where are you going?”

“Ahmm. To my sister’s school. They have a musical play and were about to start.” Yuri is hoping that he will give her a ride so that she can get there faster.

“Ohhh.. Okay. I hope you can get there on time. Bye.” Yuri is disappointed.

“Aissh. Stupid. He just wasted my time.” Minho looked at her at the side mirror. He saw her reaction and just smiled to it. He stops the car and run it backwards.

“Get in”

“What?”

“Do you want to get there fast?... so get in.” Yuri immediately get inside the car.

“Thank you”

“Don’t thank me. It will add one day to your work.”

“What? Aissh.” Yuri pouts and just looked outside. Minho saw it and made him smile. Suddenly her phone rings.

*Phone Conversation

“Hello?”

“Hello, Unnie.”

“Seohyunie?”

“Ye, I just borrowed my classmate’s phone… Where are you now? The play is about to start.”

“I’m on my way now. I’ll be late in a few minutes but I’ll be there. Sooyoungie can’t come with me. She just says a good luck to you.”

“Okay… Our director called us now. Make it faster to come here, bye”

“Bye”

*End of Conversation

“Is that your sister? Who’s Sooyoung?”

“Yeah, my sister. Sooyoung is my friend and were living in the same apartment. Seohyun reserved two seats for us but she can’t make it.”

“So you’re the only one to watch?”

“Definitely”

“Can I watch too?” Yuri is shocked of what she heard.

“What? You want to watch? Are you sure? This might be boring for you”

“Yes, I’m sure. I don’t have anything to do.”

“Well... it’s up to you. If you get bored that’s not my fault, I already warned you.”

They reached the school and the play begun ten minutes ago. They seated on the empty chairs in front. Yuri saw Seohyun at the side of the stage waiting for her part. She waves to her and so did Seohyun. She made a ‘fighting sign’ to wish her luck.

It’s her turn now on stage. Seohyun plays a role of a girl who plays piano for the prince. She seated in front of the piano and played a familiar piece which made Yuri’s eyes teary. This song, they used to play when they were kids. It’s their hobby when they’re having their family bonding together.  

The play lasts for more than an hour. After the play Seohyun went to Yuri and hugs her.

“Unnie, I’m glad you made it.”

“Of course, I don’t want to miss watching my little sis in a play.” When they release from their hug, Seohyun noticed the guy behind Yuri.

“Unnie, who is he?” Yuri turns around. She forgot that Minho is with her so he introduced him to her.

“Right! By the way, Minho this Seohyun, my sister, and Seo this is Minho,… a friend”

“Nice to meet you Seohyun”

“Nice to meet you too. I thought you’re my sister’s boyfriend.”

“Yah! What are you talking about?” She turned to Minho. “Just don’t mind what she said.” Minho just smiled on her reaction.

“Ahmm. Seohyunie, Sooyoung called earlier, she said she will treat us dinner tonight. She’s on her way to the restaurant”

“Okay. That would be great. Minho oppa can come with us right?”

“Ye--” Minho was about to answer but Yuri cut him.

“No, Seo. He has something to do. Right Minho? She faced him and made a sign to just agree with her. Minho smiled.

“Yes, I have something to do, but I can do that tomorrow and I’m hungry too.” Yuri is surprised by his answer that made her remain in her position while Minho and Seohyun are heading on his car.

“Aish, such an idiot person” Yuri murmured Seohyun called her.

“Unnie, let’s go! What are you still doing there?” Seohyun sits at the back while Yuri is beside Minho. While on the way, Yuri just looking outside the window to avoid the awkwardness and Seohyun broke the silence.

“So how did you two become friends? I didn’t know my sister has male friends.” They looked at each other like they don’t know what to answer. They’re not even friends on the first place.

“Ahmm, we met at the café where your sister is working. She also works at my house.” Seohyun got puzzled on his last sentence.

“Yeah. I’m w-working for him, delivering some coffee in his house? That’s what he meant.” Seohyun is about to throw another question when they’ve reached the place which made Seohyun’s attention shifted.

“We’re here. Seohyun, look first inside if Sooyoung is already there.”

“Okay unnie” When she entered the door Yuri faced Minho.

“Look, whatever your intention is. It’s just between of us and don’t ever involve my sister in it.”

“What do you mean? I just want to know the background of my slave and as you said, my friend.” She gave him a sarcastic smile.

“We’re not friends and don’t ever talk about that SLAVE thing, whatever you called it, in front of my sister.”

“Okay, if you say so.” They cut their conversation when Seohyun comes out.

“Unnie, Oppa! Sooyoung Unnie is waiting inside. What are you two talking about?”

“Ahh nothing. Let’s go inside.” Yuri still wonders why Minho is doing this but she hopes this is only for nothing. They both entered the restaurant. Yuri in front and Minho behind her, which made Sooyoung can’t clearly see him.

“Yah! Why did you bring so---” Sooyoung stops when she saw how handsome guy Minho is.

“Sooyoungie, I’m sorry I didn’t ask you first.”

“What are you saying? It’s really okay” She smiles to Minho and introduces herself. She nudged Yuri.

“Where did you meet this cute guy?” She murmured to Yuri.

“Don’t ask. I’ll tell you everything when we get home.” She whispered back.

They finished eating and Sooyoung requested for the bill. Her eyes widen when she saw the amount stated in the receipt and looked at her wallet. Her money in the pocket is not enough. She nudges Yuri’s arm.

“What? Why do you keep on hitting me with your elbow?”

“Do you have some money? I am a little bit short.”

“What? I will get my salary on Monday so I don’t have any.” Minho noticed it even they’re not saying it. Sooyoung just smiled to him to avoid any suspicions.

“Since it’s my first time to meet my friend’s family, I’m going to pay this dinner tonight.” Minho put the money on the plate. Sooyoung decided to protest a little bit so that it will not be too obvious but she didn’t expect that he will give in easily.

“Really? Okay I’ll take it back” Minho acts that he will going to take it back but he is just kidding actually and Sooyoung grab the plate before he could touch it.

“But… If you insist... I’ll accept your kindness.” Minho wants to laugh but he holds it. He can’t believe that she will give in to his bait.

Minho really had a great time knowing them. He forgot her problem in the company especially to his father, even though it’s only a short period of time. That’s the answer to Yuri’s thoughts a while ago. He just wants to be stress-free for a while.

 

End of chapter 5. So how is it? It’s been a long time since I last updated. I’m quite busy these few weeks. I hope you still continue reading. Please do leave comments and subscribe. ^_^