shot no5 ; Dr. Death (KhunTaeHo) ❀

Flower Boys ❀
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part IV

_____________________________________________________________________________________

 

Groaning gravely, Taeyeon hurled the hood of her car closed and flung a kick to one of the front wheels. She scanned the area for help with her hands placed indignantly on her hips while cursing her luck. Propping herself against the door, she removed her phone from her pocket and dialed her husband’s number.

“Hi, love!” he murmured cheerfully.

“This freaking piece of scum broke down, Nichkhun. I am in the middle of nowhere and the car broke down on me.” angrily she shouted to her phone, stomping her feet several times against the unpaved road.

“Where are you?” he asked.

“I was coming back from your mother’s place and I was late for my appointment at the med. If I don’t take my hormone treatment in time it won’t work, you know, so I thought I should take that one shortcut you showed me years ago. The one that I found really creepy back then.” Her voice was taut and her eyes wandered around, wishing to be the only one around and not alone at all at the same time.

“What happened to the car? A flat tire or…?” the man felt a bit worried for his lover. He knew she was easy to scare and that she rarely could stand being alone in such situations, even more now when she was taking that treatment that made her behave like the spawn of Satan, always angry, moody or contrary the opposite.

“No, not that. It just stopped in the middle of the street and the engine won’t start again. I hope it won’t go exploding around, that piece of .” To underline her repugnance, she hit the car once more.

“Come and pick me up, will you?” in a lower, now brittle voice, she pleaded. “Please!”

“I’m having a meeting in fifteen minutes but I’ll do my best to come. Don’t worry, okay? I’ll be there. Just take care.” His reassuring word had no effect on her, but she nodded nevertheless as if he could see her.

“Hurry up! The doctor must be waiting for me.” Nichkhun didn’t answer that. He just hung up.

Her orbs scanned the surroundings once more and with a sigh, rubbed her palms against her face in an exasperated manner. She had no reason to freak out. Soon, he would come and pick her up and everything was going to be fine. Because she was in no damn horror movie, it was midday, the woods could not be brought to life and there was not a chance to spot ghost or a walking body around.

But there was a strange sensation that floated into the atmosphere as if something was to happen to her or at least something happened to someone else there.

The wind blew to her face warm, gentle and inoffensive but the grayish sky told another story. The upcoming storm that threatened to come would’ve cheered her up since she usually enjoyed such weather, but now it just sent shivers down her spine.

Taking a few steps forward, she found herself in the middle of the street. Her arms were wrapped around herself and her expression contorted into a stern frown. The white shirt that hugged her torso and the mid-thigh black skirt could not manage to shield her from the breeze that turned colder. And they definitely couldn’t hide her away from the chilling drops of rain once it started falling.

Frustrated to no end, Taeyeon moved back to the car, planning on sheltering herself inside when the saving sound of an engine made its way to her small ears. He frown turned into a smile, believing that her husband made it on time. Her right arm shot up, waving to the deep blue car that made its way towards her. The problem was that Nichkhun didn’t posses a blue car.

After cursing her life the hundredth time that day, her eyes caught a glimpse of and oddly familiar stare that seemed to be phased by her presence in such place. And not little was her surprise when she realized who the owner of the stare was.

The man stopped the car, an annoyed expression written on his face. He didn’t come out, he didn’t move an inch. Lee Junho was debating whether to fulfill his curiosity and socialize with her or to drive away and avoid attracting her attention. But he should’ve known before that the moment he ended his journey because of her there was not a chance he could continue it as if nothing happened. Thus, he stood there, with his hands griping the wheel, expecting her to do something.

The rain became heavier and a lightning split the sky in two halves. She was wet to the core, her hair clinging to her face miserably while her teeth chattered, still she didn’t dare to enter his car nor did she really wish to go to hers. Her orbs watched intently the man inside who seemed oblivious of her presence.

Several minutes later, her cold white knuckles knocked on the window. Slowly and unexpectedly, his head turned to her. She saw him sigh and then open the door for her, signaling her to go in. Said and done.

“Sorry for the mess.” Her smile was awkward and apologetic. She really didn’t want to soak the chair of his car- that looked unsurprisingly clean for that matter- but she couldn’t help herself, she was dripping.

He didn’t reply. His narrow eyes focused on the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter