Seventh Memories : Recall

The Past

“Umma!! I got it!” Sooyeon shouts from the door. Mrs.Jung who busy preparing dinner was startled. Her first daughter is a loud one, really likes to announce something with shouting.

She places her knife and turned around then fined Jung Sooyen, her daughter, already standing behind her while holding a script. A big smile plastering her tired face.

“Waeyo sooyeon-a?” Mrs. Jung asked Sooyeon

“I got it.” She announce, this time she is not shouting. “ I got a main role in a big musical umma! This is the first time” she said with amazed tone. She is herself still didn’t believe but well yes she got it.

“Waaa!! Daebak Sooyeon!!” While her mother still didn’t give replay about the news, her appa did. He was hearing Sooyeon’s loud voice. “Chukae-yo Sooyeon!” Finally her mom respond. “Finally you got it!” She then hug Sooyeon tightly.

The big smile keep appears on Sooyeon’s face when dinner time. She already imagines the situation of her becoming a successful actress. It would be wonderful.

“Ya!” Krystal, her younger sister slap her head with spoon. “What’s wrong with you? Keep grinning like a crazy.”

“You still don’t know, SooJung-a?” Her appa asked. Krystal who didn’t know anything or any hint shook her head. “Your sister here got a main role on a big drama.”

Krystal shocked. Her spoon fall and open making a shape ‘O’. “Waaaa! Daebak Unni!!!” She hugs her sister tightly so proud of her.

That night the house of Mr. Jung family is full with blesses and gratefulness.

///

“Daddy, can you go little bit faster?” Sooyeon ask her dad.

                “Pssh, unni, do you want to get a car accident? It’s your fault by the way.” Krystal, her sister told her. Sooyeon just keeps silent. It is her fault. Her dad looking at his watch and the musical start 1 hour again but Sooyeon still not wearing makeup. So, Mr. Jung gets the car faster.

                In the other hand, Donghae walk back and forth in the backstage. He also joins the musical, but unlike Sooyeon, this time he is not the main character. Also this is not the first time he plays in a big drama. So, he is not nervous at all.

                “Donghae oppa, is Sooyeon unni still not coming?” Yoona, Sooyeon hoobae asked him. Like donghae, today she is not the main star. She just replaces Jessica if  Sooyeon can’t come. She actually doesn’t want to replace Sooyeon today. This musical is Sooyeon dream and she finally gets this role.

                Donghae shook his head, “I’ll try to call her again.” Yoona nod and tell the other to wait.

                ~Oh Oh Oh o ppa reul saranghae
                Ah Ah Ah a manhi manhihae~

                Sooyeon’s phone ring one more time. This time she answer it, but suddenly there is a big truck in front of their way.

                “Appa! Wacth out!!” Krystal shouts. Her dad tries to avoids the truck, but it’s too late. And the next second they already got hit.

///

Sooyeon feels tears come out like a river from her eyes and she can’t stop it. she knows her tears coming out not because the sore from all over her body but it’s come because the emptiness she felt in her heart.

Sooyeon then realize she is in a dark room and she hates it. She tries to open her eyes but it won’t get open seems like her eyes already glued and can’t open anymore. She tries to asked help but not a single voice appears from .

                Suddenly, she hears many sound talking or murmurs in the same time and she recognize the voice owner. It her appa, her umma and her sister voice. Because they murmurs in the same time, Sooyeon cant get what are they talking about and then she hears her imo and her grand father voice, clearly but what they say is not something she wanna hears.

                “Sooyeon, I know you were a fighter and please fight. You are the only one left. But I will be here honey.” After that her imo voice gone then her grandfather voice appear.

                “I know it’s hard. You already fight for 5 hours, alone. You did well Sooyeon, but..” there are a long space of time before he continued his sentence, “ but if you feels it’s too hard and you can’t continue, then just sleep and relax. Don’t fight again. We probably lose you, but we know you want to be with your family. Krystal was fight but she ends it 3 hours ago.” And when her grandfather end talking everything becomes a silent. No more murmurs from her family. No one talked.

                Just like everyone gives her time to thinks. Everyone give her time to alone. And she is really alone right now.

                ///

                “Not alone, I will never let you alone. I am here.” After a few minutes silence, his voice the one who can calm me, come. It is his voice, Lee Donghae’s . “Sooyeon, don’t give up. I know it’s hurts but I will be here loving you. Don’t leave me. Please stay. If you don’t have reason to stay, please think about me and our memorise for the reason you stay. Yoona and Taemin too. They are your dongsaeng too right. You not alone. I, us here with you.” Then Sooyeon felt another tears on her palm. She knows it’s not hers. It definitely not her it’s his tears.

                Then everything turning into warmer and now Sooyeon can see her surroundings. Not far from her she found her family stands up, holding hands and smiling feels like there are no problems in their life.

                Sooyeon run to them but there’s something that prevent her coming closer to them, prevent her to hug them. It feels like years since the last time she meet her parents.

                “Good bye Sooyeon-a, be a good girl and turn into a nice lady ok.” Her father told her. How she miss his voice.

                “Sooyeon-a, umma appa will bewith you even if you can’t see us. I am happy if we are together but, you still have change to alive. So, please fight.”

                “Unni, please replace me in this world. Please be alive, and when the time you meet us again, you will tell me many story. Oh unni! I also want to meet my nice and my nephew!” Krystal said and giggled. Sooyeon didn’t say much. She just stands up there and watching their shadow faded slowly.

                ///

                “Sooyeon?” someone called her, but she still stunned in her place.

                “Sooyeon!” Now sooyeon wakes up and the first time she sees is the one who asked her stay. Donghae.

                ***

                “Sooyeon!” Donghae face Jessica with a worried expression. Jessica was crying in her sleep and she seems to have a difficulty to breath. So, Donghae wake her up.

                Jessica looks into his eyes and in the end, no matter it is in the past or now, when she opens her eyes the first one she sees is Donghae.