New Family

The Great Escape

As days passed after your parents’ and brother’s funeral, your mood became a little better but, you were still sad. A lot of things were running through your mind. * I am an orphan now. How will I live on my own? My life would be sad and lonely. What am I going to do?*

Suddenly the door in your room swept open and your aunt walked in. “Oh hello auntie. Do you need something?” you asked. “In the matter of fact I do. I want you to come down with me to the law firm. We have many important things to discuss. Your uncle is already waiting there for us.” She said

“Why? Is something the matter?” you asked curious. “No don’t worry we’ll talk about it when we get there. Now quickly get ready because the driver is waiting for us.” She left and shut the door behind her.

*I wonder what’s going…oh no!” you realized something. *They probably want me to leave now. They probably don’t want an orphan girl living with them. But where will I go? I have no other family.* Tears began to fall down your eyes and quickly got ready. After changing into a pair of leggings and a sweater, you met up with your aunt at the limo. “Ready?” “Yah…” you reluctantly sat in the limo.

You shortly arrived at the big law firm building. When you entered, you aunt talked to the person in charge and they led they way to a small meeting room in the building. Your uncle was already there with another man. He looked up and smiled. “Rose” he hugged you and you hugged him back. Then he gestured you to take a seat across from him and his wife sat beside him.

Rose we would like you to meet Chang-su. He is a lawyer I hired to help us settle things.” “Hello” he said and you bowed. Then you turned back to your uncle. “What are you talking about uncle?” you asked questioningly. He sighed.

“Rose…you are a-alone now and we have to do something about it. You can’t live on your own, so we want to find the perfect family for you to live with.* I knew it! They want me gone now because I am an orphan! I can’t believe this!* you thought.

Your uncle continued. “Well we actually already found a family for you but we just need your approval and signature.” “Unbelievable” you whispered to yourself on the verge of tears. “Okay so tell me who the family is that I am going to be living with.” You said bluntly and your uncle slides a folder towards you. “The picture of the family is in here.” You slowly opened the folder.*This is it my new family now.* You opened the folder completely shocked and your eyes almost fell out of your socket. “OMG!! Seriously!” You looked at the picture of you uncle, aunt and Hana.

You uncle and aunt laughed. “Yes Rose we’re adopting you! From now on you’re apart of our family!” You almost cried in joy but then suddenly your expression became serious. “Uncle, Auntie I hope you thought this through. I don’t want to be a burden on your lives…” you said.

“Nonsense! We love you Rose, just like our real daughter. And I know your father would want me to do this. Also I am sure he would do the same thing for me, if he were in my position. You became overwhelmed with joy and began to cry rapidly. You ran and hugged your new father and mother. “I love you both so much! I will never forget what you did for me. Thank you.” They squeezed you tighter and said. “We love you too Rose.”

After signing the contract and handling some other documents with Chang-su, you went to your new home with your new family.