Mourning

The Great Escape

The next day you lay in bed staring at the ceiling. You ate nothing or talked to no one. Your uncle and Aunt would try to come and talk to you but you would just remain quiet with a picture in your hand. Once in a while you’ll gaze down at it and cry to yourself. You just sat there while you phone continuously rang from calls from distant family and friends. Hana didn’t even come see you today. You knew she couldn’t face you state. All of sudden there was a light knock on your door and it crept open.

“Rose…Rose?” you turned around to see Hana with a tray. She quickly closed the door and sat at the end of your bed. She looked at you for a while and then spoke. “How are you feeling?” You stayed silent. “Come on Rose! You can’t just stay like this for the rest of your life! Talk to me” You looked up at her. She sighed. “Look what I brought for you! Dukobokki! Mmmm you favourite!” she said excitedly, trying to cheer you up. But it didn’t work. “You have to eat something Rose. Rose!”

“Stop Hana just leave!” She started at you surprised. “You don’t know how I feel rite now! I feel horrible! This is the worst thing that can happen to a person! Oh Umma! Appa! Oppa! Why did you leave me! I can’t leave without you!” You began to cry and sob into your hands. Then you felt a pair of arms around you.

“Its okay Rose…we’re all here for you” Hana whispered. When she thought you were ready she let go and held your shoulders, looking straight into your eyes.” Rose it’s almost time. The bodies arrived this morning…the funeral is in 2 hours.” Hana got up and went to your closet. She picked out a simple, silk, black dress and put it on your bed. “Here wear this.” She walked towards the door and then turned around. “Rose if you need anything…anything I am right here.” you worked a smile and she smiled back.” I’ll come get you when you’re ready.” Hana left the room.

You sighed and stared at the dress. You got up to change and to put on a brave face for your family.

 --------------------------

You arrived to the funeral home with you uncle, aunt and Hana. You entered the room and saw many people. Your parents were well known in society, so a lot people came to give their respect and their condolences. Many people looked at you with eyes full of tears and pity.* I don’t need your pity to add on to my pain!* You thought depressed. Some of the guests tried to talk to you but, you just nodded the whole. Your uncle went up on stage to give a speech about his brother, sister-in-law and his nephew and their tragic car accident.

The whole time you just looked down, afraid to look at your family’s dead bodies. After other people made there speeches, they had one look at you family and left in sadness. Soon everyone was gone except you, your uncle, aunt and cousin. Your uncle came over to you. “When you’re ready, come out and we’ll be waiting in the car.” They all left and now it was only you.

You walked up to the coffins and looked at your pale mother, who was still beautiful as ever,  your father who you could still imagine calling you his ‘little angel’, and your brother, who always bothered you but loved you dearly. “I love you all very much. I wish you were still with me…” you began to cry. “I just want you all to know that I love you very much and I know you love me too. Life without you all will never be the same. I hope you forgive me for any sins I have committed and I hope you all cross over in peace. One day I’ll meet you again…but till then, I know you’ll watch over me and protect me. You all will always remain in by heart forever…” with one quick glance you left.

So sad :’(