The truth

The story of us

 

I was worried. I wasn’t sure how they would think of me, meeting Yunho and Changmin behind their backs. Just then, the doorbell rang. I looked at Jae, a million thought running through my head. I panicked. I haven’t figured out how I was going to explain everything to them! Jae gave me a confident look. “Don’t worry, we’ll just… make things up along the way. Like we always do.”

 

            We rushed out, not wanting to keep the two of them waiting at the door. Su and Chun looked magnificent in their smart casuals. Su was wearing a black long sleeved shirt and pants with a white tie. It matched his bleached hair and fair skin. Chun on the other hand was wearing a leather jacket over a white t-shirt and jeans. Jae, Chun and Su hugged each other, as though they haven’t seen each other in weeks. They started talking about random things while walking towards the hall. I walked ahead of them, signaling to Yunho and Changmin that the three of them were coming soon. The two of them were nervous. It was obvious that they were unsure about how Chun and Su were going to react to their presence. To be honest, so was I.

 

            I turned around to face the hallway, bracing myself for the worst. As Chun and Su came into view, I held my breath. The both of them looked up and froze in their tracks. Their eyes went wide, as though not believing what they were seeing. “Hyung? Changmin?” Junsu whispered, breaking the silence that was haunting the room. Yunho gave a small smile, his eyes filled with tears. The three of them embraced, Yoochun still dumbfounded. When he finally got a hold of reality, tears started to flow down his cheeks. Yunho pulled him into an embrace, comforting him. It was happening right in front of my eyes. The reunion of DBSK. I was the only one to witness it. It has been my dream to see the five of them together, and there it was, happening right in front of me.

 

            Jae walked towards me and hugged me. He was silent, tears streaming down his face. I could tell he was happy that they were all together again. They were happiest together as five. He kissed me on my forehead and wiped away my tears. “You’re an angel. Do you know that? Our angel. I love you.” I smiled. I wiped away the tears that were streaming down his face. “You’re my angel. All of you. I have five angels with me now,” I whispered. The six of us stood there for a good ten minutes in an embrace. I experienced more love during those ten minutes than I ever did in my entire life.  

 

            We soon got a hold of ourselves and decided to catch up while having dinner. Jae’s dining table could accommodate exactly six people, as if this reunion was anticipated since a long time ago. The conversation slowly grew more lighthearted and increasingly more nonsensical as the time went by.