The dare

The story of us

 

The next day, Jaejoong and I were meeting up with Junsu and Yoochun for dinner. I reached his apartment early, to help out with cooking. “So what are you planning to have for dinner?” I asked, while taking off my jacket. “Mmm, you?” he replied, with a cheeky smile on his face. I stared at him. I couldn’t believe he said that. “Don’t you dare, Jae,” I said. He walked over to me, taking very slow steps, intimidating me. “Is that a dare, Shinae?” he asked in his low and husky voice. I gulped. I turned around to look for escape routes. I was bounded by his huge L-shaped sofa. I looked at him with wide eyes. Oh no.

 

“You know you can’t run Shinae. No matter how far you run, I’ll still find you, no matter what,” he said, his eyes staring straight at me. My steps ended at the sofa. I couldn’t go anywhere. He lives on the top most floor and his apartment is huge. Even if I screamed, nobody would be able to hear me. Nobody.

 

The heat radiating from his body took my breath away. I looked up into his eyes and tried to breathe normally. It was impossible. His angled jaw was accentuated by the dim lighting of the room. It was crazy. I jumped when he put his hands on my waist. He took a step closer. I could feel his breath on my face. I was paralysed and continued staring into his eyes. His fingers gently swiped the stray strand of hair on my face. “You’re so beautiful, you take my breath away. You’re my angel. Promise me you won’t leave, because I can’t live a day without you, Shinae,” he whispered, staring right into my soul. “I-I-I won’t… I promise, Jae,” I stuttered. He smiled. He tilted my chin and kissed me gently. He tightened his grip around my waist and brought our bodies closer till my body was tightly pressed against his. For that few minutes, I couldn’t feel the earth beneath me.

 

When he finally broke the kiss, we continued staring each other in silence. “W-We should umm, start preparing dinner,” I said, taking my gaze away from his face. I tried to walk away but he held me tighter. “We could just call them and tell them that dinner is off. I could have you all to myself then,” he whispered cheekily, his voice husky. I laughed and shook my head. “I can’t believe you! We are not going to call off the dinner for some wild fantasy of yours,” I said with a chuckle.

 

He whimpered. “You never give me what I want. That’s unfair,” he said. He pouted his lips, causing me to laugh again. I walked over to him and pinched his cheeks. “Because they’re always too demanding!” I said. I ran to the kitchen when he looked at me and growled.

 

            Jae continued fooling around the entire time we were preparing dinner. Hugging me from the back, giving me kisses on the neck. Tickling me at inappropriate times like when I was cutting the tomatoes. He was smart to back away when I turned around wielding a knife. That definitely scared him away.

 

            Two hours later, we heard the doorbell ring. I looked down and my goodness was I in a mess. I looked at Jae. “Go get changed, I’ll get the door,” he said, reading my thoughts.