Dramas and Movies

Bloody Noses and Blue Roses [HIATUS]

“Kim HyoJin!!!”

 

I jumped in my seat and prepared to leap away, but it was only MinHwan. “Oh, it's just you.” I sighed, wiping the cold sweat on my forehead. My bangs were sticking to my forehead, so I decided to tie them up.

 

“You've been jumpy lately, gwaenchanha (you okay)?” MinHwan asked, placing his hand on my left shoulder, giving it a squeeze of comfort. I didn't know if he even knew that I left without a word the other night, he never brought it up. He must've really forgotten about me.

 

“Gwaenchanha (i'm okay),” I lied, grinning reluctantly at him. It was weird that I felt awkward about telling him stuff after that night at the cafe. Maybe it was the hurt that I felt about him forgetting me. Just maybe.

 

He returned the smile and then turned his focus back to the teacher in front. I watched as he wrote notes about what the teacher was teaching. His penmanship had changed, he dotted his eyes with what looked to me like hearts. I rolled my eyes and tried hard not to think about the girl who stole the heart that was beating in his chest.

 

*****

 

For the whole day, I was so restless because I was afraid that HongGi would pop out of nowhere and try to go 'bananas' on me again. I didn't want that, so I was being on guard and cautious all the time. Being startled by the slightest action that everyone around me was doing, it almost drove me crazy! I hated the 'bananas' incident! I didn't want it to happen ever again!

 

I almost cried when the school bell rang at the end of the day. At least I got through today without having to face the crazy guy. But with difficulty, of course. Like sneaking into school, and not leave the classroom all day. I started packing my stuff and suddenly remembered the bloody guy when I saw a handkerchief in my bag. I turned to face MinHwan and wanted tell him about my decision to look for bloody guy, but like the wind, he wasn't there anymore.

 

“SUZY.” I whispered grudgingly. MinHwan was becoming more and more distant from me by the day. He usually tells me when he had to go somewhere, even if he had to lie to me. But now he wouldn't even tell me anything. He would just disappear in a second. What was he, a ninja?

 

Whatever, all I knew was that I had to get the hell out of school before the chances of me bumping into HongGi was inevitable. I slung my bag on my left shoulder as I checked left and right before exiting the classroom and then I stopped in front of the stairwell. There were a lot of other students making their way down and they were so noisy. As I descended the steps carefully and stealthily, some of the students were pushing each other so I was kinda shoved out of their way. Then all of a sudden, I tripped on my own feet. I was facing my doom as I dove downwards, to the bottom of the steps, head first.

 

“KYAAAAA!!!” the other students around me screamed as my whole life flashed through my eyes.

 

But unbelievably, something that only happened in dramas and movies happened to ME. An ordinary, dull, highschool girl, falling off the stairs and something like a miracle happened to HER. Her was me, Kim HyoJin! Just like in the dramas and movies, when a damsel in distress falls gracefully to her doom, a handsome prince (or guy) would come just in time to stop the fall. He would wrap his strong arms around her waist and catch her, and then twirl her around before setting her down. Then they would kiss and live happily ever after.

 

But! I wasn't like those stereotype damsels in distress who just happened to be so pretty and graceful when they fall to their doom. How could they even still be acting pretty when they were actually falling to their DOOM? Maybe they actually knew someone was going to rescue them, so they had nothing to worry about. Unlike me, who thought it was the end of my life and I had my mouth wide open in horror as I plummeted to the bottom of the stairs. But of course, my handsome prince came unexpectedly and wrapped his strong arms around my waist to stop the fall. It happened so suddenly that instead of making an appreciative face, I had the what-the-hell-just-happened expression on. When the situation registered in my brain, I was expecting the twirl and I would have giggled stupidly to show how delighted I was that he had saved me. But as I clung onto his neck to tell him how grateful I was, I saw his face and instantly, I blushed and my heart sank.

 

“HONGGI???!!!” I cried in horror as his grip on my body tightened and he smirked evilly.

 

“I was looking for you, redface,” he said in a seductive, husky voice. Then he leant closer to my face! Panicking, I pushed his stupid pretty face away and wriggled around to make him let me down. Surprisingly, he did exactly that but he didn't just let me down, the strength in his arms suddenly gave and I fell flat on the ground.

 

Not having the leisure of time to be feeling the pain that my body just crashed on the hard tiled floor, I scrambled to my feet and ran away immediately. It was a good thing that the hallways were crowded with students and I was small, so I easily slipped through them to escape the shouting HongGi. I could hear him shouting, “I'll catch you, redface! Just you WAIT!!!” before I turned into the corner that led to another staircase.

 

And to my surprise, I bumped into someone but that someone was pushed aside by me and I was just about to fall to my doom again when that someone held out his arm around my waist. Then it was drama or movie moment again. But this time, it was real. The handsome prince did come and save me, not the the villain.

 

“I was looking for you, HyoJin-ssi,” JongHoon sunbae smiled warmly at me as I gazed at his beautiful face.

 

“Sunbae …” I blinked my eyes repeatedly, unable to really believe that he was the one who actually caught me. And did he say that he was looking for me? Before he could answer, I heard HongGi's shouting again, so I pulled sunbae into a nearby classroom. Then I gestured to him to squat down with me and put a finger to his lips to keep him quiet.

 

A few seconds later, I heard running footsteps coming closer and an exasperated sigh of what sounded like HongGi. Then the footsteps faded away and I let out a sigh of relief. But then I realized where I put my finger and blushed furiously, pulling my hand away and tucking it close to my beating chest. “Mianhaeyo, sunbae!”

 

Sunbae chuckled and pushed the hair that was covering my face behind my ears. Touching my tied up bangs, he chuckled again. “This is a cute look for you.”

 

“Ah,” I gasped, quickly untying my bangs and combing them down with my fingers. Sunbae just watched me the whole time I was doing it, it made me more flustered. Why did he keep doing this to me? Then I remembered him saying that he was looking for me. “Uh, before … you said that you were looking for me?”

 

Sunbae raised his eyebrows and nodded. “But it seemed that HongGi found you first.”

 

I opened my mouth to say something, to try and explain the situation and that yesterday was a misunderstanding, but he was staring at me so intently that I froze. Realizing how little space there was between us, I bowed my head and tried not to look him in the eyes. But sunbae's hands were in my hair the next second and he held my gaze.

 

“What does he want with you?” he asked. He ASKED! And I thought he was going to kiss me and we were going to live happily ever after.

 

My shoulders relaxed after I heard the question. Maybe he didn't feel the way I did about us. I exhaled and tried to smile. “Oh, he's just –”

 

“HyoJin? JongHoon-hyung?”

 

I turned my head and saw MinHwan in the classroom, sitting at a desk, with Suzy. I didn't spot them there when I entered with sunbae. “MinHwan?”

 

Instead of looking at me who was actually talking to him, he glanced at sunbae as he got up. “Hyung, what are you doing with HyoJin?”

 

What was he talking about? Then I felt sunbae's hands retreating from my hair. Oh, right, he had his hands in my hair. Which would look weird any way you view it. And we were sitting there on the floor, obviously hiding.

 

“Nothing,” I answered, getting up and straightening my hair. “We were just … sitting …”

 

“On the floor, behind desks and out of view?” MinHwan pressed, his forehead creasing. I could see that he was confused, but he was trying to accuse me of something. “That didn't seem like just sitting to me.”

 

“What about you?” I retorted, getting annoyed at how Suzy was watching us. “What were you guys doing? In an empty classroom, just the two of you?”

 

MinHwan was taken aback by what I said, his eyes widened and his fists curled. “It's nothing you should be concerned about.”

 

“Mwo?” I scoffed, having enough of his lies. “So you're really dating her??” I pointed rudely at Suzy.

 

“So what if I'm dating her?!” he was shouting, I don't even know why he was so angry. It made me angry too. “You never told me how you got hurt! And how hyung treated your hand! You never tell me anything anymore! Is he the bloody guy of your dreams? Is that why you're always with him?!”

 

I had no idea how the bloody guy could ever be connected with sunbae. MinHwan was clearly not thinking straight and becoming more irritating. And how could he accuse me of not telling him anything when he was the one keeping secrets? “He's NOT the bloody guy! And besides, I'm still searching for the bloody guy!”

 

“Oh, so now you're interested in him? And not even telling your bestfriend anything about it??!”

 

“IT WAS YOU WHO WAS OBSESSED WITH HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE! I'M JUST TRYING BECAUSE I WANT TO FIX OUR FRIENDSHIP!!!”

 

“WELL, YOU'RE NOT DOING A GOOD JOB AT IT! BECAUSE I DON'T TRUST YOU ANYMORE!!!”

 

“HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT WHEN YOU'RE THE BIG FAT LIAR!!!”

 

“HyoJin-ssi,” sunbae suddenly interrupted, his right hand wiping the tears on my wet cheeks. I didn't know that I was crying until he did that.

 

“Let's get out of here,” MinHwan said to Suzy as he grabbed her hand and led her out of the classroom. When they reached the door, Suzy had this weird expression on but I couldn't see clearly through my tears. Then he slammed the door shut causing me to gasp and cry harder.

 

I didn't know how long I cried for my eyes to sting so much even from all the tears. I couldn't believe I just had a fight with my bestfriend. Sunbae held me in his arms but it didn't made me feel any better. MinHwan hated me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: so did you guys like the update? i tried to make it as intense as i could but maybe it doesn't make sense. LOL

oh, and don't worry, the bloody guy will appear soon~ i promise! >,<

no pic for this chap too. i dunno~ can you guys suggest a great poster shop for me? thanks!^^

also check out the oneshots i wrote with my sis~~

do you like horror? or much better, MBLAQ horror? check out BLOODY OBLVIOUS!

do you like LOLs? or cute guys cross-dressing? check out L.JOE BABO!