Not anymore, maybe

Bloody Noses and Blue Roses [HIATUS]

Editted!

A/N: sorry for the late update~ i just got home for the lunar new year holidays~ so maybe i will try to update daily! i will try my best to make up for the week!^^

and really sorry that this chap is short, i promise to make up to it!! >,<

comments are much appreciated and to new readers, please subscribe! <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“Wah~ it feels like it has been years that I haven't been here!” cried the big fat liar, who was a sad excuse of a bestfriend, Choi MinHwan.

 

We were at the sugar bowl, it was Saturday night so we had to be there. It was our time to be together. But not anymore I guessed, not when he actually went here with a girl last week! I sipped my iced lemon tea quickly as I glared at MinHwan, who was raising his eyebrows, confused.

 

"So are we going to the music store after this?" he started a light conversation.

 

Deciding which donut to eat, I left his question hanging for a while. But when I've finally decided on a donut, MinHwan suddenly took it and ate it in one mouthful. I glowered at him but he just smiled awkwardly back at me.

 

"Ani (no)," I sighed. "My guitar was confiscated by the crazy guy."

 

"Eh?" his eyes widened in surprise as he bit into more donuts furiously, like he hasn't eaten in days. "What happened?"

 

I sighed again as I eyed the three remaining donuts. Why did I have to bring HongGi into the conversation in the first place? "I don't wanna talk about it."

 

"Why do you always say that?"

 

Turning away, I looked down to my hands on the table. The bandage on my one hand was clean and dry. I didn't get it wet like JongHoon sunbae asked me not to. I wonder when I would see him again? During music club practice? But that meant seeing HongGi too, which meant the deciding of my horrible fate this coming Monday.

 

“Gwaenchanha?” he asked me when he saw me pull a face, as he took a bite of a chocolate cream with strawberry sauce. Yum!

 

“Eopseo (nothing),” I answered, which was a wrong answer, obviously. I tried to hide my slip up by grabbing a donut and stuffing it in my mouth.

 

“Aha, so there is something wrong!” he pointed his finger at me like what detectives usually do when they were pointing out the main suspect.

 

“I don't know what you're talking about,” I choked and quickly gulped my drink. Since when did MinHwan get so smart and sly? It must be because he's been hanging out with Suzy all the time.

 

“I didn't ask if there was something wrong or anything along that line,” he stated, looking at me curiously and then his expression changed to that of concern. Then he suddenly reached across the table and held my bandaged hand. “You've been awfully secretive lately, what are you hiding?”

 

Why was he asking me that question? It was totally supposed to be the other way around! But I just pulled my hand away and shrugged, “I don't know what you're talking about.”

 

“Eish, c'mon, you know I know that something's not right, so you just have to tell me~” he said with his aegyo.

 

Just as I was about to tell him off, the welcome bell on the entrance chimed and then an annoying voice cried out loudly that everyone turned and stared. “Minani!!!”

 

Minani? I thought I was the only one allowed to call him that, well, besides his own family. Then why was Suzy calling him that? Were they really dating each other?? I averted my gaze from her as she skipped happily towards our table. “Oh, Hyo- I mean, unnie! I didn't notice you there!”

 

Keureoji (exactly), I was the invisible bestfriend of her boyfriend, who didn't seem to notice me too. They were chirping happily with each other that they didn't even noticed that I was leaving. I finished my drink and took the last donut and then left them in the cafe, where MinHwan and I were supposed to spend the rest of the night with each other, like we used to.

 

But not anymore.

 

*****

 

My skin tingled as I stood in front my window and looked out towards the tree that MinHwan climbed a few weeks back. I missed him, to be honest. He was my bestfriend, how could I not? Maybe he was getting sick of the stubborn me. Maybe that was why he got himself a girlfriend. The thought made me frown deeply.

 

I stepped away from the window and sat on the edge of the bed. I glanced over my shoulder to the vase on my bedside table; it held the withered remains of blue roses. Now they were brown and black even in some places. I dropped my gaze to my hands on my thighs. My left hand all bandaged neatly. MinHwan asked about my hand the other day, but why didn't I tell him about it? We never kept secrets from one another. How could things have changed so much over the past few weeks?

 

It was his fault. He never told me he was dating Suzy. I guess I was just getting back at him for not telling me about it. But the result was that our friendship has become so awkward. Were we drifting apart?

 

I didn't want that. I wanted my bestfriend back. I needed him back. But how would I do that? I couldn't just tell him to break up with Suzy. That would be mean. I could just kill her, and no one would have to know about it. But the police nowadays are scary like netizens, they could track me down in just hours and I could spend my whole life in jail!

 

I was clearly not thinking straight. What with all that has been going on in my life lately. Thoughts of sunbae and even Honggi filled my mind. I shook my head furiously and went to the bathroom. I shouldn't be worried about trivial things when my bestfriend was being taken away from me. I the tap and splashed water on my face to clear my mind. I sighed and stared at my reflection for a while. Then a thought occurred to me. I knew how to get my bestfriend back without getting my hands dirty. The brilliant idea made me smile to myself.

 

Suzy used it as an excuse to get MinHwan away from me. Then I should be able to use it as an excuse too. I chuckled as I said to myself with triumph, “Bloody guy, here I come!”